Thread: Nameplates

Nameplates

(I did search; I found nothing addressing my issue)
    Ever since the new patch, Enemy Nameplates has been very buggy for me; such as dissapearing for some mobs which they were showing for not seconds beforehand; and seemingly random growth and shrinkage. I initially believed it to be aggro gain, but it is almost completely random.

My main issue is that for the majority of things they simply do NOT show up. Players included.
    I've always played with Enemy nameplates up, and it's VERY annoying to play without them. Is there any sort of console or script command to make them stop acting this way?

ive been using Tidy Threat Plates addon and so far i havent seen any bugs; according to WoW Interface it should work properly with 401

Try /console bloattest 1 to fix the disappearing, and if you wish to turn on the overlapping, so they dont squirm around /console spreadnameplates 0.

Edit: Beaten to the first one.

Tidy Plates implements that fix itself, which is why it is not exhibiting the problem.

Oh, wow. Thank you!
    Sorry; I didn't find that particular thread...:S!
    Thanks <3

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I use Docnamplates and they work for me as well. Tidy Threat Plates would be a good one to try out also as stated above.

I actually didn't find any of these 2 threads when I searched but went to look for it "manually" and found this. Guess I suck at using the search function /console bloattest 1 confirmed for working tho.

What is the deal with the nameplates getting larger for certain mobs on the new Blizz nameplates?

It is as far as I can tell a threat indication, an idea ripped straight from 3rd party addons such as Threatplates.
    That worked on the principle of a larger nameplate on a low threat target while tanking could allow easy targeting and taunting to get it back, or the opposite on a dps/healer to indicate a potential threat.
    The blizzard implementation certainly seems to obey the high threat principle, but not having a tank I cannot comment from their view.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    It is as far as I can tell a threat indication, an idea ripped straight from 3rd party addons such as Threatplates.
    That worked on the principle of a larger nameplate on a low threat target while tanking could allow easy targeting and taunting to get it back, or the opposite on a dps/healer to indicate a potential threat.
    The blizzard implementation certainly seems to obey the high threat principle, but not having a tank I cannot comment from their view.
    Having 3 Tank classes i can confirm that the blizzard implementation sucks!

If you want to seriously tank more than 2 mobs, i can only strongly recommend Tidy Plates:Threat Plates.

You always have an overview which mobs are hitting you and which you are about to loose aggro from.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    The Tidy Plates: Neon theme also includes the resizing and extra art on mobs that you're about to lose. It's a lot cleaner look than Threat Plates, imho.