Poll: .. I like polls

Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Why is ally so bad at pvp?

Ok first I want to state some things... 1. I play alliance so I'm not a hordie flaming them, 2. This isn't a QQ thread it's a "I've been doing BG's all day and I'm pissed off" rant thread.

So I've been playing the game almost since launch and the one thing that has never ever changed is the fact that ally are horrible at pvp and to me it just doesn't make sense. I mean how can so many people simultaneously suck so bad? I notice things like ally NEVER heal I just got out of a WsG and got annihilated with 2 healers behind me just running around in circles not even healing themselves, and the sad thing is that this happens all the time. Other things like horde actually protect their flag carrier instead of alliances normal strategy "ooo horde wiff lesser gerzez dan me I go pew pew". Also the fact that horde players actually use their silence, and purge abilities, etc... *if they have them*. Now I know that not ALL ally suck at pvp but it gets really annoying when I and maybe 2 other people are the only ones in that BG doing any amount of decent. Thankfully the alliance on my server do pretty good in pvp, but I never seem to get into any BG's with them =/. Now I know that a ton of you are just going to troll the bloody hell out of this thread, and say things like "re roll horde" or "make premades" but that isn't always an option. I also realize that when Cata comes out that pvp could end up being a big guild thing because of rated BG's and guild leveling and what not. Ok I'm done. I realize that this thread probably has a lot of grammar mistakes and whatever else but it's a rant so get over it.

So now that the rant is over... What is it like for you? Do you have the same issues? Or is it the exact opposite and the horde completely suck in your battle group? And what do you think causes the phenomena of an entire faction being so simultaneously horrible at something?

Rerolling to the other faction does nothing. The way I see it, I lose 90% of all pvp no matter where I go. So, the problem is with me. I just suck so much that I bring the entire faction down. Beware when I join a game!

I have autism. k thnx bye.

Quote Originally Posted by RipVanWinkleX View Post
    Rerolling to the other faction does nothing. The way I see it, I lose 90% of all pvp no matter where I go. So, the problem is with me. I just suck so much that I bring the entire faction down. Beware when I join a game!
    I'm actually pretty decent at pvp but I rarely get into a BG with other good people.

Deleted
    Alliance dominates my Battlegroup.

Seriously.

I may just bea very unlucky guy, but Horde loses eight out of ten times (8 out of 10)

shut up you whiney bitch. lol. alliance on my server/bg used to rape something nasty in battlegrounds but somewhere the roles did a complete reversal. we now get sodomized something nasty in battlegrounds and I have NO idea why.

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
    Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
    VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Asatru View Post
    shut up you whiney bitch. lol. alliance on my server/bg used to rape something nasty in battlegrounds but somewhere the roles did a complete reversal. we now get sodomized something nasty in battlegrounds and I have NO idea why.
    My battle group is horrible but as for my server we are all pretty good but there are a ton of pvpers on my server. I think at one point the horde didn't have WG for about a month lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RipVanWinkleX View Post
    I'd pretty much have to agree with him.

It all depends on the server/battle group you play on... Thats all, just because ally or horde or what ever is bad on one group does not mean they are on the other group.

You're right, little kids like seeing a night elf on the screen while they make a character because they look cool.

Awesome sig by Nifzilla!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormhusk View Post
    You're right, little kids like seeing a night elf on the screen while they make a character because they look cool.
    Incorrect, from my experience.

Little kids like to be big and burly, so they make orcs or tauren.

We might have gotten different experiences.

Generally, I've noticed that the very worst and the very best players play Horde, whereas the Alliance gets the Middle ground.

Unfortunately, there's a larger amount of "very worst" compared to "very best" which means that Alliance generally wins BGs.

Again, just saying this from my own experience.

PS: "very worst" and "very best" are general terms, applied over more than a few people. For all I know, the best player in the game might infact play Alliance.

you merely notice this because it affects you, you will never get healed but the other side always will, in the same way people always lose because they do not remember winning. of course this is not universal, on some servers alliance are shite and one side will always lose again and again. i always see the other side healing and defending while my side is ALL ZERG STABLES LOLOLOLOL :P

15+ Year Old Account
    What's wrong with rolling a character because it looks cool?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darknessxpersists View Post
    My battle group is horrible but as for my server we are all pretty good but there are a ton of pvpers on my server. I think at one point the horde didn't have WG for about a month lol
    My Battlegroup/Server is the same. Nightfall is horde dominated (Mostly, but Alliance does have good days) Arygos is Alliance favored (I can't remember the last time the horde has had WG.)

When you talk about PvP and faction skill, it's usually all about the battlegroup and never a common truth across the entire game.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

I think the biggest problem ally have is that the don't understand the point of each BG is different. How many times do you see someone cap in AB then run off and not staying to defend their cap? Another problem in my battlegroup is we have no healers that que. My personal favorite has to be when I am healing and getting beat on by 2 people 3 of my guys just run right past me. Here's a little hint for the ally out there keep your healers alive and you'll stay alive, kill their healers and they'll die.
    Last edited by Furyustyles; 2010-10-10 at 04:56 PM. Reason: spelling

I've always speculated that the more casual people play alliance, i mean if you check mmo when a raid is released who are teh first people to do it on hard modes? most of the time (if not all) its horde. Not saying the horde have no casual, just saying they seem to be in the minority. Now, what happens when you have a group of people who expect to win a lot over time? (i know a great deal of this because my school is going through this) they get this tradition of winning and as such work their butts off to win. On my battle group the difference between horde and alliance battle chat is night and day. not saying alliance suck because they don't really, it's just who wants it more. /end speculation.
    Video games and the female audience. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8ZVZRsy8N8

If I had a nickle for every 'Why is <insert faction> so bad at PvP?' thread.
    Bigger than Life.

10+ Year Old Account
    The grass is always greener on the other side...
    Faith Alone is Not Enough to Stop all the Enemies of the Light!
    - Retribution Paladin since 2007.

Burning Blade EU

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Jesus christ, I just agreed with Jaylock. I need to go and have a shower.

Deleted
    You're right, little kids like seeing an orc on the screen while they make a character because they look cool.
    Fixed.
    (Honestly, I hope nobody is so naive to think that the immature kids are always those playing something different that you. If that's the case, I burst your little bubble: lots of morons play whatever race, orcs included, just because they think it's cool)

About the OP, as others said, much depend on your Battlegroup. Mine is quite more Alliance-dominance oriented...

Deleted
    They aren't. On my server (defias brotherhood) I can't get daily pvp done if I dont get SotA. Alliance completely demolish us in the rest.

Through extensive PvP testing on the PTR, which gathers Horde and Alliance from all realms into a few, Alliance have performed more roflstomping of reviving Horde players than vice versa. They also boast more healers and hybrids that will actually use a healing spell on their allies.