Making Master Marksmen More Mmminteresting

Anyway, quick and dirty solution that would make MMM, and the whole Marks spec, a lot more interesting in my opinion:
    Make it 20% reduction per stack instead of just 100% at 5, and let it be used on most abilities. Basically just like Maelstrom Weapon for enhance shamans. I know, I know, no one wants more copy paste abilities from other classes, but as it stands it's a pretty boring proc for a talent.

What this would do:
    Let's say Aimed Shot actually is the best nuke from a total damage standpoint, but horrible from DPS and DPF point of view. Depending on how the shot is set up to scale, there could be break-even points where it's worth the cost/time to fire it off at 4 stacks, or perhaps even 3 stacks. Once again you'd have to know something about the class mechanics to know when and how to use one of it's abilities.

And/Or, instead of Kill Shot being mindless free damage that you slap as soon as you see it light up, it could have a cost again, get buffed a bit since it's no longer 'free', and the execute phase could become something more than just the exact same rotation as the first five minutes plus pressing the pretty light every 10 seconds. (No, I'm not glyphing it currently, with execute phase lasting like 20 seconds on most wotlk fights currently I just don't care.) You'd still want to be hitting it on cooldown, but then there'd be actual thought involved, how much focus to pool, how many steadys between Kill Shots to try to get a couple of stacks, is it worth trying to hold onto a 5 stack going into the execute phase to get a free one right off the bat.

You're AOE farming as Marks, you get your pet in there, you gather up 5-6 mobs, you slap 3 multi-shots into them doing jack all damage, toss a few steadies to get back up and pick up some Ready, Set, Aim stacks, and get off 4 multi-shots instead of 3 and finish the pack off.

You're PVPing, you've blown your wad and the resto shaman whose been loling at you for the past 2 minutes and occasionally rip tiding himself when he gets below 90% is joined by a meleer, you were saving stacks to try to put on some 'pressure', but now would be a really great time to be able to pop a defensive ability wouldn't it?

You got away, but the meleer and a lightning bolt from the shaman globaled your pet, 2 second dismiss and call a new pet after you run to hide behind a friendly DK or other melee who can keep the pressure off you? Or jump back into the scrimmage and once you've got 5 stacks surprise them with an instant pet rez?

Anyway, just felt like sharing the idea. I'm still kind of surprised that what we ended up with seems so plain after some of the really interesting and innovative class mechanics they came up with for WotLK. (Now say something nice about them) On the other hand, Resistance is Futile is a fairly interesting mechanic even though it's also a straight proc, but it's very situational. Hopefully if MMM stays as it is then when we get to 85 the higher damage of AiS makes it feel like more of a present when you get the proc than just an annoyance to keep an eye on.

ETA: The more I think about it, the more that feels more like a Survival ability at that point. For Marks I think I'd rather see it stay about like it is, but make it like the Arcane stack, so Aimed Shot is weak if used without it, but if someone let's you set up on them and get a full stack, it hits like a truck.
    Last edited by Madrail; 2010-10-21 at 04:59 PM.