Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    I am so adding this to my sig.
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfessdeath View Post
    I already gave the warning to quit posting unless it's constructive about the topic at hand, thus you've been reported. Anyone who does this further, will receive the same action.
    Just because you can't argue against people isn't reason enough to claim they're being nonconstructive and report them. He's being completely constructive in telling you how your view of being constructive is skewed and not actually constructive at all. At this point you're just trolling by saying anyone against you is simply be nonconstructive.

10+ Year Old Account
    I already gave the warning to quit posting unless it's constructive about the topic at hand, thus you've been reported. Anyone who does this further, will receive the same action.
    inb4 the banhammer

who are you my friend to tell people what to post and what not to post? Sure it would be good that people stayed on the topic on hand, But you aren't a mod. You are running around calling people idiots and many other things. I remember that the forum rules state that no one is to sit there and call other people names. So really.
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon

Deleted
    But I'm talking about a side of the company that is NOT doing their SPECIFIED job to fix bugs/glitches etc etc. Nobodies also forcing you to look and post to this thread, yet you are doing it. You are not making a good point here.
    Being a beta player, I can tell you that within the past month or so, the programming and QA side of Blizzard are doing an amazing job at clamping down on bugs on a weekly basis. Almost literally hundreds of micro bugs fixed within each patch and often quite major ones.

Being a former programmer, I can also attest that bugs take longer than you think to fix. I used to work on small pieces of coding, and it took me hours to track down silly errors like a misplaced quotation mark. Wow is magnitudes larger than that.

One thing I'm really fed up of hearing is - and thank god I haven't heard it yet - "blizzard's rolling in money, why can't they fix this?". Blizzard run pretty low margins compared to their parent company, Vivendi (one of the biggest media corps in the world). In terms of server issues, money also doesn't tend to solve many problems. If you want to host more players, you buy more equipment, and if you want it to crash less, you buy better equipment and employ better professionals to set up the servers and maintain them. I'd be really surprised if the LARGEST MMO ON THE PLANET didn't already have top of the line equipment and some of the smartest IT professionals around.

TL;DR - you expect far too much of Blizzard. They run a pretty tight ship as far as I'm concerned. I'm annoyed with the bugs for the meanwhile, but I have reasonably good cause to believe they'll be fixed soon. A week really isn't that long in terms of development, especially when they have a beta they're furiously debugging the shit out of, due to Dec 7th now being cast in stone.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, hey Hitler. I guess this would be a bad time to tell you that I'm a Black Jewish Homosexual confined to a wheelchair being pushed by a vagabond band of Gypsies.
    Last edited by Ulqiorra; 2010-10-21 at 12:56 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Your perception of how moderators operate is about as skewed as your perception of programming. The mods are not here to ban people at your beck and call because they didn't jump on your bandwagon and instead have more than adequately countered every nonsensical argument you've tried to make here.
    Diablo 3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyMcDave View Post
    Being a beta player, I can tell you that within the past month or so, the programming and QA side of Blizzard are doing an amazing job at clamping down on bugs on a weekly basis. Almost literally hundreds of micro bugs fixed within each patch and often quite major ones.

Being a former programmer, I can also attest that bugs take longer than you think to fix. I used to work on small pieces of coding, and it took me hours to track down silly errors like a misplaced quotation mark. Wow is magnitudes larger than that.

One thing I'm really fed up of hearing is - and thank god I haven't heard it yet - "blizzard's rolling in money, why can't they fix this?". Blizzard run pretty low margins compared to their parent company, Vivendi (one of the biggest media corps in the world). In terms of server issues, money also doesn't tend to solve many problems. If you want to host more players, you buy more equipment, and if you want it to crash less, you buy better equipment and employ better professionals to set up the servers and maintain them. I'd be really surprised if the LARGEST MMO ON THE PLANET didn't already have top of the line equipment and some of the smartest IT professionals around.

TL;DR - you expect far too much of Blizzard. They run a pretty tight ship as far as I'm concerned. I'm annoyed with the bugs for the meanwhile, but I have reasonably good cause to believe they'll be fixed soon. A week really isn't that long in terms of development, especially when they have a beta they're furiously debugging the shit out of, due to Dec 7th now being cast in stone.
    I just want to add to this that there is no programming comparison when it comes to WoW. WoW is totally unique in the sheer size of a 3D graphical game, so there's no guidebook or basis of comparison when it comes to fixing bugs, making pretty much every one of them totally unique and providing programming challenges that a coder isn't really going to encounter anywhere else.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh, hey Hitler. I guess this would be a bad time to tell you that I'm Jewish.
    I'm surprised it took 5 pages to Godwin's Law this thread.
    Diablo 3 Profile

OP why would you say:" I already gave the warning to quit posting unless it's constructive about the topic at hand, thus you've been reported. Anyone who does this further, will receive the same action."

That was a constructive post he was showing you how to be constructive just like this is a constructive post because I'm telling you your wrong and why along with offering reason without being overly negative ex: Threats.
    Reason: His argument follows the def. of the English phrase "constructive criticism"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism

Long Live Photoshop! Making Sigs and Ugly People look Hot Since 1990!

Wolfessdeath,

I looked back through your forum posts...you have been "wanting" to quit WoW for well over a year now...how about you save us all your spiel and just quit?

And far be it for a game that is literally global, has over 12 million subs, and has over 26GB of info to occasionally have a few hiccups. I am actually surprised this doesnt happen more often considering the complexity and scale of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveyMcDave View Post

From what i have read, this post seems to be the best imo. Remember though, with blizzard dates are rarely ever actually set in stone. Although where they are headed in the amounts of bugs and issues in the game is really great. I have seen a lot of improvements in many of the games features.
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon

15+ Year Old Account
    You are too good to be true. I pray that you are not trolling right now.

But seriously, back to the topic at hand. Skub. Pro, or anti?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Curious why blizzard seems like they can't fix ANY Of the current issues going on in game, I am yet to see a single real issue fixed since the new patch. What the fuck is wrong with blizzard, what are they doing to the point to where they can't fix anything. With all the money they're getting every month, it shouldn't be hard to find people that can actually do their jobs. Perhaps offer more money and they'd get more employees? Find more people! This is absolutely intolerable for the amount of money and time that's been put into the game, it's practically un-playable the way things are right now. No matter what I'm doing I seem to find a bug or glitch that either dc's me, makes me have to re-log or gives me a damn deserter buff.

Why is it players are having to make add-ons and what not to fix the issues, that blizzard themselves can't even fix?
    12 million players whining about something makes it hard to adress anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by drakean View Post
    Well scrolling over the Pumpkin for HH freezing my comp, not being able to see my damage still, random dismounts in the air, nameplates still screwed up, Searing totem on my shaman wont attack target dummies, random lag spikes, Wow Launcher closes because of an error unless i click play right away.
    Inconvenient? Yes.
    Game breaking bugs that demand the full attention of blizz? No.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by andraxion View Post
    I'll go along with the unplayable card, it will aid in my debate.

As I said in another thread along the same lines as this one, the game in it's current state isn't meant to be playable like it was before the patch. This patch introduced a lot of changes and it provides a more "realtime" testing that the beta and PTR could not. Now the game is in a more extreme state of stress testing and things go awry more often then not during this stage. The servers are crashing, things are breaking, people are surging forward to test out the new stuff and that's what Blizzard wants.

The expansion is over, there's nothing else to do until Cataclysm comes out. If you didn't progress far enough or didn't get "x" achievement, then you sat on your ass for 2 years and missed your chance. They won't delay testing just so you can raid ICC with your 30% buff every day you want.
    ohai...
    Diablo 3 Profile

15+ Year Old Account
    Why? Because it takes time to sort through billions of lines of code to find ONE endless loop. Even with Blizzards entire development staff looking into this problem it could take quite some time to find.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one missed any part of your post, you ignorant dolt. They saw that you (fallaciously) attempted to draw a comparison between two non-equivocal things. They highlighted the fact that you're a fucking ignorant shit and told you why. You refuse to accept the way logic actually works and instead throw insults at people whom are obviously smarter than you.

Seriously.

That is all I can ask might happen from this situation.
    Really no need for this kind of language here. Lets try to keep this as civil as possible. (bold part is full of win though)

Wolfessdeath, I'm not going to argue with you if you cannot accept the fact that people have different opinions about things than you do. If you read this thread then you should see that there are many that actually accepts the fact that the game is buggy. They're not entirely happy about it, but at least they have the patience to wait.

As for following the topic at hand, I apologize for the way that my previous post did not do that. But the point still stands. Your first post was not constructive.

And look, I think you just have to accept the fact that people here are not agreeing with your views on what I company can get away with or not. And I point you again to my post 1-2 page back that quotes the Terms of Use that actually frees blizzard of any responsibility for fixing their own game. And that you accepted if you play the game.

All in all, I don't think there is much more that can be said in this thread so I will leave it to it's fate. But it wouldn't hurt if you at least tried to have a bit more friendly attitude =)

Cheers!

//Sithra

10+ Year Old Account
    Curious why blizzard seems like they can't fix ANY Of the current issues going on in game, I am yet to see a single real issue fixed since the new patch. What the fuck is wrong with blizzard, what are they doing to the point to where they can't fix anything. With all the money they're getting every month, it shouldn't be hard to find people that can actually do their jobs. Perhaps offer more money and they'd get more employees? Find more people! This is absolutely intolerable for the amount of money and time that's been put into the game, it's practically un-playable the way things are right now. No matter what I'm doing I seem to find a bug or glitch that either dc's me, makes me have to re-log or gives me a damn deserter buff.

Why is it players are having to make add-ons and what not to fix the issues, that blizzard themselves can't even fix?
    Are you serious?

Mmm lets see, quite a few bugs have been fixed, some have temp fixes eg cog wheel bug, others are currently being looked at.

On top of that there is a back* log of gm requests as seen when you open a ticket, probably 60% of those are just lame requests from tards that play this game,

and oh wait are they not also testing/changing/working on a new Expansion?

Seriously dude, go work in any sort of Software testing/dev/programming business, and see how it 'easy' it is to get everything done on time...

Its not all about Money.
    Last edited by Cherrysoul; 2010-10-21 at 01:02 AM. Reason: typo's

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by greevir View Post
    Really no need for this kind of language here. Lets try to keep this as civil as possible. (bold part is full of win though)
    They were the most specifically descriptive words that I could think of at the time.