10+ Year Old Account

Enhance Weapon Chant 4.01

I looked in the 4.0 enhance faq and tried some googling/mmo search but could not find anything definitive. Is Berserker still the go to enchant for us or, as I have seen in a few posts on these forums, has Mongoose become the "new" mh enchant? I had been focusing on getting my prot warr up and running but am getting some guild pressure to get my shaman in working order as he is better geared and more needed now, but I don't want to go out there gimped. If mongoose is in fact better now, can anyone say how bad it would be to keep zerker on mh? Mongoose mats are pretty dear on my server, and I've already spent a bunch on new gems etc. for a toon who probably won't see all that much action till 85.
    "Brevity is...wit"

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe the difference was simmed or tested (have to look it up what produced the results)

To put berserking still a bit on top but this could be dependant on the amount of crit rating the character in question has, i personally wouldn't recommend swapping enchants.

If i'm wrong on this i'll gladly be corrected

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    I believe the difference was simmed or tested (have to look it up what produced the results)

To put berserking still a bit on top but this could be dependant on the amount of crit rating the character in question has, i personally wouldn't recommend swapping enchants.

If i'm wrong on this i'll gladly be corrected
    I have tested both enchants and to be honest, mongoose is only viable if you aren't already so close to crit cap. They've shown (at least to me), to be very very close in terms of Up-time and dps gains. If you're rocking 264+ gear, berserker is going to scale better. But yes, swapping enchants is very very costly. If you have EnhSim, I would test it for yourself. I tested it in game and wasted almost 1kg in mats

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks peeps. Not gonna swap or even bother simming because, frankly, my dps is crap now (at least as tested on dummies). If my guild insists on my bringing the shaman they will get me in whatever state I'm in. For now I'd much rather be tanking anyway...I'm so slow to adjust to changes that my enhance prolly won't be back to decent until I have the chance to practice it thru 5 cata levels. I was never a dps wiz...but before I could pull close to 12k overall on static fights and am now struggling to stay over 7 on a heroic dummy. Probably more a problem with me (and a lack of buff) than any issue with the class, but yeah...just not feeling the new enhance.
    "Brevity is...wit"

10+ Year Old Account
    Biggest tip i can give you on that look up on the new 'priority' and unlearn spamming buttons.

I found myself losing more damage then it's worth because i had a global cd and my LB didn't go instantly so pressed it twice, making me after the instant cast drop out of melee and instant cast mode, fun times.

Can't judge on your damage output without knowing your gear i pulled around 9-9,5K on dummies in mostly 277 gear with some tier 264 pieces (heroic protectors most rare thing ever on our raids)

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually d/l shockandawe for the first time in order to make sure I was prioritizing right. I am much more used to mashing every gcd and checking like a hawk to make sure my fire totem and shields are up. Now i feel like I'm constantly checking to see if I'm wearing pants...and it's like 'duh...OF COURSE you're wearing pants...they never fall off now'. As for gear I am in almost straight 264 with 2 251 pieces, all regemmed and reforged to follow the faq advice. Idk...I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it. As much as I love enhancement I've committed to making my tank my new main, and I've an afflic lock I think may be my main alt for pvp...I don't see me giving my poor sham a shot till well into expan. I've only dusted him off now to maybe help some of my guildies who have yet to grab Kingslayer. My group got it back during 10 percent buff and none of our other raid groups have yet downed him. I'd like to help, but I'm not gonna worry too much about stuff during this transitional patch.
    "Brevity is...wit"

Deleted
    Ive got a GS of 6150:

And I am doing 9k dps now on the target dummy! And 9.2k dps with Heroism!
    The test is over a period of 10minutes (so 1 time heroism)

So i guess we stayed the same as before the patch after all.
    Last edited by mmocbbcbb73b6a; 2010-10-20 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Not complete!

10+ Year Old Account
    nope im doing 1-3k (depens on encounter) less dps than pre patch...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crewltail View Post
    Ive got a GS of 6150:

Damage looks alright on a dummy in raids you'll notice a loss of dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crewltail View Post
    Ive got a GS of 6150:

There are a lot less buffs = less gap between outraid and inraid dps. We have lost about 10-15% DPS.

We didn't stayed the same.

15+ Year Old Account
    It was simmed on EJ to bring Mongoose out slightly worse than Beserking, even when the Crit Cap does not come into play. Therefore, sticking with Beserking is the way to go for PvE (until Avalanche \o/).
    Last edited by Lylz; 2010-10-21 at 10:10 AM.

Deleted
    Well i did a raid last monday and there i did 13k dmg on saurfang, pre patch i did around 13.5k with my gear. (GS is 6120 to be exact)
    But after mondays raid ive found another 5% (fire, nature, etc dmg) Mastery increase due to better reforging, so i should be able to dps a bit more even.

I guess higher geared ppl have more dps loss then lower one (ive got full icc25 gear with 2heroics/25men)