Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Maeleena View Post
    This is where you are 100% wrong. If you 'pwn hard and fast' then you need to learn how to tone it down and adapt to your current situation. This is what separates the baddies from the good players. Situational awareness is the key here. You will need it in Cata, so improve it now.
    nah...just shadowfury, kill one, fear the other if you have to. Get the glyph that makes them stand in one place instead of running around. You can easily solo 2 heroic mobs. Tanks are an outmoded commodity atm. Keep pwning hard and fast and ignore the chumps in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ihsanm View Post
    nah...just shadowfury, kill one, fear the other if you have to. Get the glyph that makes them stand in one place instead of running around. You can easily solo 2 heroic mobs. Tanks are an outmoded commodity atm. Keep pwning hard and fast and ignore the chumps in this thread.
    Fearing as dps is fail. Epic freaking fail. Nothing worse than a dps fearing mobs so that the tank can't possibly have aggro on them.

Learn to single target. Really isn't that hard...

Fearing as dps is fail. Epic freaking fail. Nothing worse than a dps fearing mobs so that the tank can't possibly have aggro on them.

Learn to single target. Really isn't that hard...
    How does fearing prevent the tank from getting aggro? Who cares if the mob dies in 5-6 seconds anyway? If the healer is gonna be a prick and not heal you if you pull aggro, do what you have to do to survive. Nothing at all wrong with fearing a mob in an instance if you have the proper glyph. You, my friend, are epic freaking fail.

This is where you are 100% wrong. If you 'pwn hard and fast' then you need to learn how to tone it down and adapt to your current situation. This is what separates the baddies from the good players. Situational awareness is the key here. You will need it in Cata, so improve it now.
    Ok I came on a little strong with that statement. I know how to play the game, I know how to "tone it down", and the point of my reply was to drop the assumption from the healer's POV that even though a DPS might get aggro that he still needs to do his job and heal. I've got plenty of awareness, and like I said if I have a CD on soul shatter theres no way for me to drop aggro other than burn the mob. As for being 100% wrong, you didn't mention the fact that I did state I give the tank time to get aggro. =P

The point is not the fact that content is easy, it is the fact that content in Cata will not be so loleasy, and that you will actually have to use your brain for once. Learning how to do it now will save you the headache of it later, because failing at it now won't kill you because how easy stuff is, but come Cata, if you fail you will wipe the group.

The point is not the fact that content is easy, it is the fact that content in Cata will not be so loleasy, and that you will actually have to use your brain for once. Learning how to do it now will save you the headache of it later, because failing at it now won't kill you because how easy stuff is, but come Cata, if you fail you will wipe the group.
    And my point is that you arent going to force anyone to learn these lessons because "failing at them now wont kill you."

And my point is that you arent going to force anyone to learn these lessons because "failing at them now wont kill you."
    But watching all the baddies die because I choose not to heal them when they repeatedly pull aggro is fun for me. Ads in the fact that watching DPS do their job well is fun for me as well, and you see it is a Win-Win for the healers, so there is no reason NOT to do it.

This thread should have been named "Are you a Wrath Baby!"

All these "OMG my dps is leet, i dont need a tank" ppl are gonna fall hard come cata... You have had your warning, dont come QQ here when your tank and heals let you die due to limited CDs and mana to save your ass!

Not gonna work in wotlk. The shit dies so so very fast so there is no time or no reason to either hold dps or use aggro reduction tools, it will only slow down the run. Unless you are a hunter with 30sec agro dump, then it might work. Shit does so very fast that you dont even need a tank, you can have a dps tanking boss. But go ahead and try being an ass and let people die and slow down the run for no reason and the only thing you will achieve is not teaching dps but people hating you and calling you a noob that cant heal for toffee..

It doesnt take long to learn to control aggro when it MATTERS. Right now it does not.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wind shear used to drop threat a tiny bit, But not anymore.

keep pwning hard and fast and ignore the chumps in this thread.
    this ^ =d

Quote Originally Posted by Jokipaan View Post
    This thread should have been named "Are you a Wrath Baby!"

All these "OMG my dps is leet, i dont need a tank" ppl are gonna fall hard come cata... You have had your warning, dont come QQ here when your tank and heals let you die due to limited CDs and mana to save your ass!
    Nobody is gonna "fall hard come cata." Most people that have played this game for any length of time remember how to use those abilities when they're needed. Right now they arent. Those that started to play in WOTLK will learn pretty quickly. Its not a difficult concept to understand.

DPS who don't know how to handle threat obviously started playing in WoTLK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    'Hardcore' raiders remind me of my two-year-old. "Yes, I put it down and I'm not playing with it anymore, but YOU CAN'T TOUCH IT MINE MINE MINE MINE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Psychos View Post
    DPS who don't know how to handle threat obviously started playing in WoTLK.
    So by me joining the nerds in World of Warcraft during WotLK makes me a fail ? I don't understand your conceptualization of being a 'Wrath Baby' on how it relates to gameplay or my ability to be awesome at my class ? I'd say, regardless of Cata around the corner, doing 50% of all damage done in EVERY random and number one spot on all charts in any raid before, during, and after the next patch, puts me as pretty leet dps. Even on my LV40 ELE Shammy I'm 50% in every random. Is it just me or people don't care or know how to play the game?

The new content its self should provide any learning curves that may be required. That will be part of the fun of the expansion. But taking it upon yourself to "train" others when you obviously don’t fully understand the mechanics of these classes anyway disregarding the fact that their talents trees have radically changed in the last few weeks. Most of these classes have gone from having threat reducing talents to now having none. At the moment playing my mage my damage and dps is fluctuating constantly as blizzard nerfs or buffs us, one day you may suddenly crit for much higher then you expected and pull aggro

The new Talents builds do not necessarily work properly for all classes as they are technically designed for level 85 rather then 80 an example being that pally tanks require more mastery on there gear to be effective in some areas, which the current content does not provide. Trying to train people while the laws and abilities of their classes are constantly changing is deluded and down right arrogant. If your not there guild master it’s not your responsibility, your not doing people a service your just playing your own class badly and being a douche
    Last edited by Hailfel; 2010-10-21 at 09:17 PM.

Tank's Job Hold threat don't die keep mobs from hitting healers > DPS
    Healers Job Heal Tank > Dps
    Dps's job nuke as hard and fast as you can with out pulling threat or taking Damage

anything else is Fail