[Holy] Holy Power Efficiency

So to be clear, there are currently only three possible ways for holy paladins to gain holy power: Holy Shock, Crusader Strike, and healing your Beacon.

Would this mean in raids for us to carry out maximum holy power efficiency, we would have to stand with the melee dps and include crusader strike in our rotation?

Using crusader strike to generate holy power as Holy is far from worth it

10+ Year Old Account
    It might be just me but I feel like, especially in a raid, it'd probably hurt more than help, simply cause for most people it would increase their chance of getting killed. I think we'll be casting holy shock enough, adding in the no CD effect, that you'll probably reach 3 holy power without realizing it. Could be wrong

not totally sure on this, but all spells/auto-attacks have a CHANCE to generate Holy Power with Holy Shock being a 100%. Tower of Radiance guarantees holy power when healing the beacon.
    medicus quercum, venit.
    One's soldiers should not yell abuse at the enemy. "Arouse a bee and it will come at you with the ferocity of a dragon." - Takeda Nobushige

15+ Year Old Account
    given the utility of HS, it should be in your rotation, not crusader strike >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Saethwyr View Post
    not totally sure on this, but all spells/auto-attacks have a CHANCE to generate Holy Power with Holy Shock being a 100%.
    Completely wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPistachio View Post
    Bornakk lifts the cup of coffee up to his mouth...
    ...when the Scythe of Elune comes crashing through it.
    ???: I can't you let you brew that, Starbucks!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be casting Holy shock more or less on CD.

its low mana cost / high throughput.

Deleted
    Holy shock on cooldown, = 1 HP every 6 seconds. Heal ur beacon = 1hp every 2 seconds(roughly)

Each time you single target heal you can proc daybreak = 2 hoyl shocks 1 after another.

For some fights where we stand in melee range, it might be worth glyphing for a cheap crusader strike and using it, but i honestly cant see it being worth it unless were under sever mana concerns.

But if theres severe mana concerns were probalbly healing non stp and cant spare a gcd to crusader strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Thyce View Post
    Completely wrong.
    yep, i stand corrected, mis-read the notes
    medicus quercum, venit.
    One's soldiers should not yell abuse at the enemy. "Arouse a bee and it will come at you with the ferocity of a dragon." - Takeda Nobushige

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    You should NEVER Crusader Strike.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Droeslol View Post
    You should NEVER Crusader Strike.
    Never is such a strong word. But yes using cs is not the best option.

just put a heal on your beaconed target >>>>>> CS