Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I stand with my previous statement that it's just you who suck since blizzard apparently think mages are fine and in thegeneral history of wow it's the class that's recived the least nerfs / buffs

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koljach View Post
    it seems you and everyone else who says mages are OP now never played TBC PvP.

i will put it in red letters and increased size to make sure everyone will see it.

Mages have been overpowered at PvP since Burning Crusade and TBC arenas. If some people played this for longer than 2 years would know frost mages were pain in the ass even back on level 70.

Why do people keep forgetting mages being OP is nothing new?
    SL/SL would like a word with you.
    BfA Beta Time

Deleted
    I really need to ask a question..
    I will say first that my only main is a mage (frost pvp spec with 1504 resil) and yeah they need a little bit nerf on the damage but really not that much.

so the question:
    You all claim to have 1,3-1,4-1,5k resil but somehow "OMFG mage critted me with icelance for F**king 13k DAMAGE!!NERF FFS!!NEEERF!!!!!"
    but how the hell did you get hit for 11-12k when I personaly do 11,4k crit on the boss dummy that has no resil? And your current resil should provide you with 60% damage reduction against other players? I mean....really???HOW????????

For my understanding all of you who say that mages need a nerf for this reason then you know nothing about pvp and you don't even have more than 100 resil..
    so gear up and learn to play.
    Also this patch didn't change the mechanic of blink or CS or DF or CoC or ice barrier or mana shield or Brain Freeze or any of the 3 armors pvp-wise.
    Also this patch did not increase the skill of the mages or the Holy palas (and yes right now the only class able to kill you palas is a mage according to what I have seen - I may be wrong) so stop QQing and L2p.

To all the sane people here in the forums I will just repeat myself
    Yes frost mage needs a bit of nerf on the damage output and arcane blast is indeed broken.

i think i enjoy the people who say mages have the highest skill cap ... obviously they play a mage, cause mages are one of the absolute easiest classes to dps with. PVP is a different story, good mages actually have to be skilled to be good at pvp in order to survive. Pop survivability spells and talents at the wrong time you die.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff View Post
    dude, even if you're just trolling - it's a PVE game. pvp was just an addition. plus, pve is much cooler. if i want pvp, i'll start up quakelive and show my skills, not in an mmo game... always funny to read when some pvp kids think the game's centered around their little FOTM arenas. hihi.
    For us PvP kids we find Pve kids annoying when they don't know what are they are talking about.Since Wow has 2 aspects it is not pve or pvp game.You just can do whatever you want to.
    Also i think we have WoW pvp tournaments by Blizzard that runs the game.Exclusively pvp tournaments.Have you seen a Pve tournament? No. Also the players that have a "name"in the game,earned that via PvP. Not with how much dps they 've got.

On topic: actually i never had trouble with mages.Arcane can 3 shot if all crits with AB but arcane goes down before he thinks to hit the button.Glass cannon that is.About fire i'm happy they gave them back their pvp.It was annoying to have minus spec to play in pvp though that was with most classes.Scortch doesn't hit tha much and it is countered by instant spells with direct dmg.Also the buff that made it fire when move is more pve wise.In pvp if melee is on you there is no matter if you run.He is still on you.Also scortches range is similar to other casters spells.You can not kite as you think. Frost on the other hand was always good in pvp.And so far they do things we are used to counter/get countered by. They had a nerf since no rng frostbite.Numbers got bigger for all of us so stop qqing. I 've 2 shot pve ppl in my Shadowpriest with a good crit in MB about 25k.Anyone can 2 shot.

This amoung other reasons, is why I have finally decided to pull my finger out and level a Tauren shaman, Ive always wanted one and now I'm finally gonna have it. Also leveling is so great right now, I made him on saturday night and hes already 51..pewpew

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimmy View Post
    Umm... obviously you didn't raid in tbc when mages were fantastically mediocre.
    Umm... you obviously didn't pvp in tbc when mages were fantastically outstanding.

cwatididthar? Even if they werent really top of the pops in raids doesn't mean they were underpowered overall lol.
    Rules of the internets:

1. There is no RL, only AFK.

2. Welcome to the internets, place where men are men, women are men, and childrend are undercovered FBI agents. Enjoy your stay.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    My rogue eats them alive, so I don't see any issues atm.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koljach View Post
    Umm... you obviously didn't pvp in tbc when mages were fantastically outstanding.

cwatididthar? Even if they werent really top of the pops in raids doesn't mean they were underpowered overall lol.
    This was the case in two seasons, S1 and S4, though mages only had six workable comps across all brackets. We were....how you would say...balanced, with druids, warriors, and warlocks being too good and those were basically our counters in those days.

---------- Post added 2010-10-27 at 04:53 AM ----------

In other news, this just happened to me:

NERF MAGES PLOX!!!!
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by nethertwist View Post
    I really need to ask a question..
    I will say first that my only main is a mage (frost pvp spec with 1504 resil) and yeah they need a little bit nerf on the damage but really not that much.

so the question:
    You all claim to have 1,3-1,4-1,5k resil but somehow "OMFG mage critted me with icelance for F**king 13k DAMAGE!!NERF FFS!!NEEERF!!!!!"
    but how the hell did you get hit for 11-12k when I personaly do 11,4k crit on the boss dummy that has no resil? And your current resil should provide you with 60% damage reduction against other players? I mean....really???HOW????????

For my understanding all of you who say that mages need a nerf for this reason then you know nothing about pvp and you don't even have more than 100 resil..
    so gear up and learn to play.
    Also this patch didn't change the mechanic of blink or CS or DF or CoC or ice barrier or mana shield or Brain Freeze or any of the 3 armors pvp-wise.
    Also this patch did not increase the skill of the mages or the Holy palas (and yes right now the only class able to kill you palas is a mage according to what I have seen - I may be wrong) so stop QQing and L2p.

To all the sane people here in the forums I will just repeat myself
    Yes frost mage needs a bit of nerf on the damage output and arcane blast is indeed broken.
    You're the typical moron.
    Yeah dude, everyone here doesn't have more than 100 resil. I have 1200 resil so that should make me 12 times smarter than anyone here right? I've been non crit by mages for ~14k, so I'm not sure how you could possibly be critting a heroic dummy for 11k.
    When a class has so much CC, what the fuck does saying 'L2P UR CLASS' do? It's always different when you're playing the OP class. I'm sure you wouldn't like ret paladins to be like they were in 3.0 but you want to keep your class the way it is so you can kill anything and everything without the slightest effort?

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    This was the case in two seasons, S1 and S4, though mages only had six workable comps across all brackets. We were....how you would say...balanced, with druids, warriors, and warlocks being too good and those were basically our counters in those days.

---------- Post added 2010-10-27 at 04:53 AM ----------

In other news, this just happened to me:

NERF MAGES PLOX!!!!
    I heard SOTA wasn't completely dominated by casters to begin with. Nice job dude, you should go MLG.
    Last edited by archangelz; 2010-10-27 at 05:27 AM.
    War is peace Freedom is slavery Ignorance is strength

I heard SOTA wasn't completely dominated by casters to begin with. Nice job dude, you should go MLG.
    LOL. Stupid quote of the day.
    itt; made mages denying the truth

LoL... Mages were nowhere near OP in TBC. Stop imagining things. There were some huge problems with the class that didn't get fixed until WOTLK. And the mages suffered the most from the unkillable healers in TBC.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2010-10-27 at 08:14 AM.

Mages?

Try discipline priest who are now more immortal than resto druids ever was.

In a memorable AV the other we were 4 dpsers hammering a single disc priest and we did-not-kill-it... surviving 12000 dps with stuns, silences etc. is just....i dont know... and oh they have that aoe fear that keeps you cc'ed longer and more effectively that idiotic stuff like repentance.

Mages may need nerf, but priests oughta be nerf-batted into oblivion first....try and kill one..especially as palla...it cant be done

Of course mages are op right now but they are not at 85 if you had beta or read about it you'd knew that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allium View Post
    Mages can not and will not be underpowered
    Although this is true and quite frankly should be because they are a pure dps class so at least one spec should be decent at any one time.
    However to addrees the OP about OPness of mages currently I have only one thing to say to you 'based around level 85' and as such don't QQ about this until you see everything at level 85, yeah I know its quite annoying you have to deal with it for 2 months but suck it up, I mean the arena season's over anyway so its not gonna affect any arena standings.

Everything that you QQers are bringing up is counterable by something else in the game, is that OP? Wow that mage there is casting at me, omg i interrupt him. He CCed me, i trinket and stun him, and he blinks, I charge/SS/deathgrip/ranged cast spells at him and he dies. He has a shield I dps through it, interrupt/silence/stun him.
    Its true that things aren't balanced now because of the patch, but things work themselves out. ooh fire mages got scorch while moving. I got a chance to reset the CD on my big ass 10k crit LvB with my flameshock. Frost mages have a resetting bubble. Thank god for purge. Arcane has some nuts dps. I have grounding totem and more nuts dps. Stop QQing and get over it. Your crying doesn't change anything. If you continue to QQ, quit wow, uninstall, leave your house for the first time in years and have good life.
    Bring the player, not the class. *And a shaman.
    DEMACIA!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Versus View Post
    For us PvP kids we find Pve kids annoying when they don't know what are they are talking about.Since Wow has 2 aspects it is not pve or pvp game.You just can do whatever you want to.
    Also i think we have WoW pvp tournaments by Blizzard that runs the game.Exclusively pvp tournaments.Have you seen a Pve tournament? No. Also the players that have a "name"in the game,earned that via PvP. Not with how much dps they 've got.
    I believe all the famous raiding guilds around the world would like a word with you. You know? all those that hit front page every major patch/expansion?
    I though you might have forgotten about those.
    I'll stop there since you only have a one-sided view of things like half of the people in this thread.
    Kudos to swizzle, at least he's being productive, unlike the other lot in this thread.
    Yes mages have some issues at 80, whether big or small, they're not the only ones as it has already been mentioned. The class has been working properly most of the time, patch 4.0.1 made us somewhat OP at 80, as it did with other classes amiright?

Can i QQ about those disc priests now mommy please oh please oh please? This one time, we were 4 rogues on a disc priest in AB and it took us more than a minute to kill him.

One disc priest? 4 Rogues? no really, go on....

I wanted to remind people about the lvl 85 cap coming in less than 6 weeks from now. but obviously the majority of people posting here are trolls and simply wan't/need to get their hourly dose of QQ instead of read through the posts.
    Perspective is like a coin. It has two faces, but most people fail to see both.

Deleted
    Whine topic closed.