Shadow PVe ROTATIONS?!

Alrighty, I just hit 80 with my priest, and I really want to do alot of dmg in PVE. Does anyone knows a really nice rotation for a shaodw priest? (perhaps with keybindings-rotation?)

thanks,

Hahah that was cool/entertaining
    Warlocks are what FDR was talking about
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHordeGlory View Post
    RAGNAROS: WOULD YOU LIKE THAT TOASTED?!
    Customer: Um, no thanks.
    RAGNAROS: TOO BAD! TASTE THE FLAMES OF SULFURON!

I use...

VE > SW:P > MB > DP > MF > MF > MB... replace your dots as they fall off, and continue MB > MF > MF > MB...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SomethingWycked View Post
    I use...

VE > SW:P > MB > DP > MF > MF > MB... replace your dots as they fall off, and continue MB > MF > MF > MB...
    Also Shadowfiend on CD
    I am immortal, I cannot die
    I have inside me the blood of kings

Seriously, stickies are there for a reason.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2010-10-24 at 04:01 PM.

Deleted

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Ruudt View Post
    Alrighty, I just hit 80 with my priest, and I really want to do alot of dmg in PVE. Does anyone knows a really nice rotation for a shaodw priest? (perhaps with keybindings-rotation?)

thanks,
    So including keybindings...

(3) Vampiric, (Alt+3) Fiend, (4) Plague, (5) Pain, (2) Flay Spam

That's the stationary opener for me [ standing still ]. When running in it goes something like:

[VT if i can do it before i run in, like on marrowgar]
    Plague, Fiend, Pain, Death, Plague spam until I reach position after that
    Touch [if not yet up, or fell already], Flay.

A few other things you want to watch out for:
    • Shadowfiend - Thanks to sin and punishment this baby keeps getting knocked upwards of our rotation, pop it off cooldown, no matter what (unless boss is about to become disabled - such as Sindragosa]
    • Blast on 3 stacks [occasionally will blast on 2 if it helps re-sync my rotation with Touch and Plague timers]
    • DoTs don't clip anymore, they "refresh". Doesn't mean you spam them, if possible get them up just as or as soon as they fall. Use your GCDs wisely.
    • Feel free to use SW in quick movement situations. An example is heroic Lich King. As soon as I get a shadow trap near me, I SW once and move while doing so, when the GCD is over i stop, this seems to get me just outside the trap zone and maximizes my dps [also helps apparitions proc while moving]
    • Move whenever you're casting instants [Fiend, Death, Plague, Pain] - it will help apparitions proc, no running into shadowtraps or harmful environmental effects tho!
    • Test, test moar, and never stop testing. Dummy, heroics, it takes quite a while to get a feel for the shadow class. Once you get the feel of it, it will become bloody amazing, fun and kickass ;]

Other keybinds I have:
    Ground Mount [Shift X], Flight Mount [Shift C] Lulz
    SW - "F" ; Mind Sear - "R" ; Fade - "T" ; PW:S - "G"
    Mass Dispel - "Shft+F" ; Dispel - "Shft+T" ; Levitate - "Shft+G" ; Shadowform - "Shft+R"
    Shackle - "Z" ; Holy Nova - "C" ; PoM - "X" ; Scream - "V"

S1 Flash Heal
    S2 Greater Heal
    S3 PoM [yes, bound twice]
    S4 Renew
    S5 Rez
    A1 Human - Every Man for Himself
    A2 Dispersion
    A3 Shadowfiend
    A4 Shadow Protection
    A5 Fortitude

Finally, you can't beat an organized, informative and uncluttered UI when it comes to both raiding and PVP. I made my own, but you can look for various UI packages that have clean interfaces. Here's an idea of what a viable shadowpriest interface would have [Note raid frames, the Dot trackers above the unitframe, and although it doesn't show, nameplates which stand out and possibly show you an overview of dots on the target. Also don't underestimate Omen, not so much pre-cata, but it seems post-cata it will become a concern.

screenshot.xfire.com/s/105892531-4.jpg

Note: If this was a troll, something inside me will die, but if on the other hand you're a shadowpriest who's starting out and want to improve yourself and get a solid footing of the game then, although not necessarily correct information, what I provided above is what works for me. Melt them faces <3

Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

as for the exact key bindings, it's not advisable to use other people's suggestions because you won't get used to them easily. It's simply better to just stick to what you've been using until now.

As for your rotation, it's pretty simple as well, keep all 3 of your dots up, Mind Blast, Mind Flay, Shadowfiend...have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by zsun View Post
    as for the exact key bindings, it's not advisable to use other people's suggestions because you won't get used to them easily. It's simply better to just stick to what you've been using until now.

As for your rotation, it's pretty simple as well, keep all 3 of your dots up, Mind Blast, Mind Flay, Shadowfiend...have fun.
    Not to mention that the keybindings shared are rather odd... at least to me they are which is the point you're making, keybindings are going to have a very large individual componement in terms of ease and effeciency.

Personally I like to use 1 through 6 & r for the most used spells, t z x c for the most used secondary spells, shift 1 through 5 for important access spells used rarely.

I also try to use mouse bindings where possible, these tend to be things that need to be cast on others, dispel, fear ward, PW:S, cure disease etc.

Point i'm making is evaluate which keys you can press easily, evalute which modifiers you can use easily, I find shift modifers a little easier than alt modifers and thus the shift modifers will contain more important spells than my alt ones.

I'm actually running out of keybinds, I have no idea what i'm going to bind Mind spike as... life grip will have to be a click binding but again i'm running out. I actually think the number of spells you are required to use is getting a bit out of control, I'd like to see blizzard do something about limiting the amount of spells you need access to.

Sometimes it's better to learn via practical examples, so i'll provide you with one

When will people learn? You DONT HAVE A ROTATION AS SHADOW. It's a prioritysystem...

Deleted
    Spell casting
    Even priority is a rotation in itself. It's simply a rotation dependant upon other factors. Rotation will not necessarily continuously loop the same way, but the same abilities will be effectively used and re-used.

Yes, in a nutshell open up with all 3 dots and Shadowfiend, Mind blast on 3 stacks of orbs (2 if you have dots out of sync by a little and blast can correct that) and flay to fill in the gaps. Keeping shadowfiend on cooldown at all times, and using Death during movement, spamming plague if you're still moving and 1GCD doesn't cover it.

Is what works for me if nothing else.

Keybindings
    I gave you my keybinds because I remember, when starting out as a Spriest having no clue what I could keybind to what. Giving you an example which can help you adapt it to your own keyboard, I believe is valuable knowledge.

Regardless, your hands will be a tad different than mine, some habits you might have will be different as well, your keyboard may be shaped differently too, even your mouse, may have some macro buttons you can click. The list I gave you was abilities I found worth keybinding because at one point or other, I found myself using them.

It will all boil down to practice - lots and lots of it, until your casting becomes semi-automatic.

With the right amount of haste (MB +VT at 1-1.15 sec) you should not wait for 3 orbs to use MB since its our biggest single nuke. Every time you delay casting it is a dps loss. *EDIT: what i mean is you should never wait for orbs to hit MB and try to get haste to those numbers.)

in a nutshell. Dots up, pop fiend on CD, mb every cooldown, swd and mf as fillers and if you have a chance try to dance around a tad to proc shadows.

Also, just please dont try to copy other peoples binds as everyone uses different ones, you should learn and make you own because thats when they come naturally to you.
    Last edited by Zelol; 2010-10-25 at 12:10 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    swd is not a filler.

under 25% your priority is the exact same as above 25% EXCEPT SWD is top priority
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelol View Post
    With the right amount of haste (MB +VT at 1-1.15 sec) you should not wait for 3 orbs to use MB since its our biggest single nuke. Every time you delay casting it is a dps loss. *EDIT: what i mean is you should never wait for orbs to hit MB and try to get haste to those numbers.)

in a nutshell. Dots up, pop fiend on CD, mb every cooldown, swd and mf as fillers and if you have a chance try to dance around a tad to proc shadows.

Also, just please dont try to copy other peoples binds as everyone uses different ones, you should learn and make you own because thats when they come naturally to you.
    On ICC boss fights, MB off cooldown did approx 200 less dps then choosing using it to sync up dot durations or when on 3 stacks.

Talking multiple runs, and rough averages. If RNG is favourably I oftenly tend to get it on 3 stacks before the cooldown's even over, which does colossaly improve my dps, in a few cases (like LK hc) by nearly 2k.

This sounds more like an opinion on your part rather then something you can produce actual numbers to back up. I have been spending a lot of time reviewing shadow priests on world of logs and so far I am seeing better numbers from those who MB with 3 Orbs stacked. Now this could be on accident or it could be methodical. I don't know them to ask. But, in your case I would appreciate a World of Log from any fight you choose, I mostly look at Deathbringer since it's a straight up fight with little or no movement. I would be more then happy to post my results of reviewing your opinion.

Talking multiple runs, and rough averages. If RNG is favourably I oftenly tend to get it on 3 stacks before the cooldown's even over, which does colossaly improve my dps, in a few cases (like LK hc) by nearly 2k.
    This is actually what I am finding more often then not. In some cases I am seeing the 3 Orbs stacked and then it just goes on to refresh until MB is off CD.
    Raid Leading - it's the next best thing to playing every class and spec, you just can't push the buttons or move the mouse. That's why they die.