Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Throw you computer out the widow. on a more serious note

1: Get an autheticator if you dont have one
    2: Don't click "Blizzard" Mails
    3: Completely wipe your drives and do a fresh non internet connected install (and get a PROPER AV before you put it online again, and by proper i mean a good one, not Norton 360)
    4: Im running out of ideas.
    Oh hi

15+ Year Old Account
    steer away from animal sites.

You know what I'm talking about
    I am and always will be the optimist. The hope for far-flung hopes and dreamer of improbable dreams.

Blizzard never gave me back my account on my second hacked time, like 2 days after the first, before authenticator arrived through mail. They said they got rid of the hacker, froze the account and will only unfreeze it when my account has been flagged with an authenticator.
    How'd you get "constantly hacked" if blizzard doesnt seems to let people out with authenticators after hacking attempts anymore?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

change your mail adress and quit facebook
    Resistance Is Futile

Quote Originally Posted by Shwaam View Post
    Get an authenticator.
    GRRRRRR would people quit saying that. I don't want to pay for something else that SHOULD come with the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont think its been said before but get an authenticator and dont open dodgy emails

Quote Originally Posted by Wrack View Post
    change your mail adress and quit facebook
    You don't get hacked on facebook.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wowfunny251 View Post
    GRRRRRR would people quit saying that. I don't want to pay for something else that SHOULD come with the game.
    Thats fine but just don't come bitching when you do get hacked seen as its the BEST answer to this issue expect it to be said a lot more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfang View Post
    They laugh in the face of our pet, they laugh at our traps, they laugh at our slows and backleaps. We have but one final weapon up our sleeve. We can play on their far weaker and feebler minds to impress on them the illusion that we have died! Yes we can confound and befuddle our enemies into thinking we have slipped off this mortal coil. Of course, a fellow hunter knows different. he knows we are simply fooling them into complacency. For it is then, when they belive they have won... we strike.

Authenticator is the best thing to do.

Then don't come here crying when you get keylogged brah.
    Oh hi

Then you WILL always be getting hacked. Enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have a keylogger bro, I had one on my last computer. You can change your password as many times as you want but the keylogger will still get it and change it to something random of his, it's like a bot it will do it on a scheduled regular basis until it's removed. I can't say if I ever fully removed mine I ended up selling my comp, best thing to do is get an authenticator. goodluck keyloggers suck.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone who can't get an authenticator or has a problem shelling out a WHOPPING $6 or just downloading a *FREE* app.... is just dumb in my book. Your information will be leaked no matter what if you don't have an authenticator... and yes, I am talking about Blizzard employees leaking information because hey, who wouldn't? (I'd hate to do it personally though because you're taking someone's game time away) but basically they know that you'll get your stuff back, so sell account info for $100-200, why not? Make an extra buck, then get you your shit back, you're a happy customer. End of story.

Just get an authenticator, it's very easy and very safe.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Decent computer setup: 1000$+
    WoW Game and all Expansions: 100$+
    Monthly Subscription and Internet Service: 40$+

Getting hacked multiple times because 6$ is "too expensive and should come with the game": Retarded.

Proud rider of Mimiron's Head!

one thing no one had mentioned: You have to patch your operating system as well. In windows you have "Windows update" in your start meny and there you can scan for and install patches which corrects security issues. For Macs I don't know cause I don't use Mac. My quick summary for better security would be something like this:

* Reinstall OS, with formatting your hard drive so all data is lost
    * After installation, install a proper antivirus and set it for automatic updating and schedule scans.
    * Install windows patches, reboot and check for more updates.Repeat until no more is available.
    * Have a firewall installed
    * Don't use your battle.net password in other places
    * Never reply to or follow links in emails.
    * If you have Vista/win7 it's very easy to normally use a non-administrator user account. It helps alot.
    * Also you should have proper passwords on your windows accounts.

the list goes on, but I think this gives you a good place to start.

You might have a rootkit.

To avoid getting hacked, you should make sure you scan your system thoroughly. Use programs designed specifically for spyware such as malware bytes, spybot search and destroy, adware, etc. I use avast myself and rarely has it detected spyware for me. I then use spyware programs and find 3-4 trojans, etc. If those come up with nothing, then you should move what you want to save off to CD, DVD, or to an external drive, then reformat your main drive. From there, reinstall your operating system. Drastic, but it should get rid of your keylogger. If you don't want to do that, go to a local computer store and have them scan your computer. Chances are they have better programs to detect the elusive spyware. It may be expensive, though.

So try:
    1.) Buy an authenticator (can't be stressed enough)
    2.) FULLY scan your computer (and not just with an anti-virus)
    3.) Go to a second computer and change your password and e-mail for WoW from there while your computer is being scanned
    4.) Remove any discovered spyware or reformat and reinstall your operating system
    5.) STAY AWAY FROM SUSPICIOUS WEBSITES AND E-MAILS!

My mother was notorious for clicking on every link under the sun in her e-mails. She got numerous trojans, etc that my Dad took weeks to remove. If you aren't the sole user of your computer and you know you aren't visiting malicious websites, then chances are someone else could be.

If you don't want to buy an authenticator which is like $5, then have you just considered quitting WoW? If you really want to keep your account, you'll do what you can to keep it. Otherwise, just going half way will cause you to be hacked again and again. The cost to continuously restore your account (mental cost for you and Blizzard's time) can be used for other things. Is $5 really worth driving you batty and having Blizzard finally close your account permanently? If your account is closed and you want to continue playing after, you'd have to pay like $90 just to rebuy the game with expansions. So question is, do you want to pay $5 or $90+? A $5 for an authenticator saves a lot of hassle in the long run. If $5 is too much for you, you should perhaps consider quitting. The authenticator is a one time fee that will last you for years. It can also be used on as many WoW accounts as you want. The $5 fee is a small price to pay to avoid being hacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobzor View Post
    Use the screen keyboard to type in your password.
    And a keylogger captures mouseclicks too, which just lets them recreate the keys you clicked on by playing them back, unless you also use an on-screen keyboard that completely randomizes all key positions every time you click on one. And that's assuming it doesn't just hook into the system event queue and record every key event that comes through.

Stop being stupid.

Get a good antivirus / malware scanner, then get rid of everything you find. If that does not work, reinstall windows.

If you want to use less drastic measures, get an authenticator. 5€ on BlizzStore, free for iPhone / Android.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Try scanning your computer with Malwarebytes anti-maleware. It's really good at finding keyloggers and stuff.
    That's awfully sexist.