Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    if the bloodfang pack were the ones that attacked gilneas, does that mean that you and crowley and anyone who turned into worgen were in the bloodfang pack after the cathedral scene?

if that's the case, I'm guessing that the bloodfang pack are just the worgen who didn't accidentally find the blackwald and temporarily regain their sanity whilst nearby.

in which case it would be:
    gilnean worgen: you, crowley (both ex bloodfang) the worgen with crowley (also ex bloodfang), genn, any worgen that crowley managed to find and bring to the blackwald
    Bloodfang: any worgen who were still feral when you regained your sanity, most likely they were rounded up by the night elves or some of crowley's worgen and made sane again later

does that sound about right?

crystalsong was a technical cock up
    the argent tournament was GOING to take place there, but dalaran was taking up too many resources, so they moved ti to icecrown
    What is it with people on MMO Champion looking at a problem and deciding that the absolute least likely possibility is the truth, and defending it to the death?

Crystalsong Forest was to be a leveling zone, based on the NEXUS WAR. You see all those huge ass nexus wyrms flying around? You know the lore behind the place? You see all those magic platforms? You know how it's RIGHT BELOW DALARAN? Or how the factions involved are citizens of Dalaran and thus interested in not seeing it burned to the ground?

Of course, the logical explanation is for a space-filler raid to go there! Why not?!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TerraMagus View Post
    What is it with people on MMO Champion looking at a problem and deciding that the absolute least likely possibility is the truth, and defending it to the death?

Crystalsong Forest was to be a leveling zone, based on the NEXUS WAR. You see all those huge ass nexus wyrms flying around? You know the lore behind the place? You see all those magic platforms? You know how it's RIGHT BELOW DALARAN? Or how the factions involved are citizens of Dalaran and thus interested in not seeing it burned to the ground?

Of course, the logical explanation is for a space-filler raid to go there! Why not?!
    um... I was quoting WoWwiki...

the least likely truth was that it was a fusion of kittens and puppies into a giant mech suit piloted by a frog demanding it abandoned for their octopus god made of waffles

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Thing is, lorewise, they are hardly more than what a few hundred of them? Gilneas was always, along with Alterac, the smallest human kingdom... Most of them were killed by feral worgens.... So a huge tree in Darnassus should be enough... ish.
    I heard a different story, telling of how Gilneas' armies were the mightiest in the entire Alliance, you are right about Alterac though, that's for sure.
    People who think they can reason with me are clearly unreasonable.

Practicin' drawing and writing too, might even post a story or two. (no rhyme intended)

Note to beer-fans: Beer's for pussies, mead's for men.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamG3691 View Post
    um... I was quoting WoWwiki...
    Oh, gee, you take the word of a player-edited database as undisputed fact? I could go to Anub'arak's page right now and say that he was originally slated to be a world boss in Storm Peaks, but it wouldn't make it true.

Look at the zone. There are blue dragons flying around the place. The entire place is crystallized because of a blue dragon exploding. There is a Kirin Tor outpost, complete with inactive questgivers. The Silver Covenent and Sunreavers are allied with Dalaran, and thus it would make far more sense that they'd be fighting Malygos' brood, which is flying around direclty underneath the capital of magic, rather than having a jousting competition.

Oh, gee, you take the word of a player-edited database as undisputed fact? I could go to Anub'arak's page right now and say that he was originally slated to be a world boss in Storm Peaks, but it wouldn't make it true.

Look at the zone. There are blue dragons flying around the place. The entire place is crystallized because of a blue dragon exploding. There is a Kirin Tor outpost, complete with inactive questgivers. The Silver Covenent and Sunreavers are allied with Dalaran, and thus it would make far more sense that they'd be fighting Malygos' brood, which is flying around direclty underneath the capital of magic, rather than having a jousting competition.
    They did intend to put the Argent Tournament there, but they feared for immense lagg due to proximity to Dalaran, so they moved it...
    As to why they'd choose crystalsong in the first place? Beats me.

Practicin' drawing and writing too, might even post a story or two. (no rhyme intended)

Deleted

sorry, I wasn't in the beta...
    PLEASE DON'T HURT ME! IT WAS A MISTAKE! *cries*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arshan View Post
    They did intend to put the Argent Tournament there, but they feared for immense lagg due to proximity to Dalaran, so they moved it...
    I thought they did intend to put the Argent Tournament where Scourgeholme is now ( with phasing ) but they moved it for the reason you said.

taken from wowwiki :
    Scourgeholme is a Scourge fortress located in eastern Icecrown. The Argent Crusade plans on purging the area of Scourge forces and building a new fortress on the site, which Tirion Fordring has called "Justice Keep". (Coincidentally, "Justice Keep" was the original name for what became Valiance Keep in Borean Tundra.)

Quote Originally Posted by AdamG3691 View Post
    sorry, I wasn't in the beta...
    PLEASE DON'T HURT ME! IT WAS A MISTAKE! *cries*
    If you said that Argent Tournament was originally to be held in Crystalsong, then you are right, however since i am a lazy ass i'm not gonna check it in posts above this.
    I totally feel like i could eat an entire dragon right now.
    *faints from hunger*

Edit: *eats a dragon*
    Arshan has been ressurected due to being well fed....ish
    Last edited by Arshan; 2010-10-25 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arshan View Post
    They culled the plans for expanding on the Nexus War in Crysalsong for that reason. You're combining two entirely different things, and making an ass of yourself in the process.

Deleted
    They culled the plans for expanding on the Nexus War in Crysalsong for that reason. You're combining two entirely different things, and making an ass of yourself in the process.
    so the way it was meant to go was

levelling in crystalsong was ditched becuse of dalaran causing lag, and the tournament was meant to be in scourgeholme

I can see how they could be mixed up.

the more you know I guess :P

Quote Originally Posted by Artemsadictos View Post
    Genn is not a Warrior, hes more like a diplomat while Crowley is a true warrior.Also Genn is what, about 70?
    Genn is definitely more of a warrior-king than a statesman-king (e.g., King Terenas Menethil II of Lordaeron). But as king of Gilneas, he also must be a statesman. And as a statesman, he needs to garner ties with Varian Wrynn, the commander of the Alliance military forces, to coordinate attacks with the 7th Legion. Darius Crowley is no more of a true warrior than Genn Greymane. But Crowley's strength, as evident in the Gilneas Civil War, is as a resistance fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldarc View Post
    Genn is definitely more of a warrior-king than a statesman-king (e.g., King Terenas Menethil II of Lordaeron). But as king of Gilneas, he also must be a statesman. And as a statesman, he needs to garner ties with Varian Wrynn, the commander of the Alliance military forces, to coordinate attacks with the 7th Legion. Darius Crowley is no more of a true warrior than Genn Greymane. But Crowley's strength, as evident in the Gilneas Civil War, is as a resistance fighter.
    Genn in wow is absolutely out of character he used to be as snobby Anasterian Sunstrider and didn't care for anyone else but his own people

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Genn in wow is absolutely out of character he used to be as snobby Anasterian Sunstrider and didn't care for anyone else but his own people
    He still doesn't. He just realizes he's completely boned and has to kiss some ass.

He still doesn't. He just realizes he's completely boned and has to kiss some ass.
    As i did the starting zone i expected him to be more like Godfrey to be honest and not like this understanding man, i also expected him to

immediately charge at sylvanas after his sons death

Quote Originally Posted by kkborang View Post
    well in that case blizzard might also want to tell us who won arathi basin, alterac valley, warsong gulch and every other battleground to progress the story
    Horde won Warsong (noted by them taking over Silverwing Refuge), Alliance won AV (as noted already, Drek was killed, but self res'd and is bound to a wheelchair due to having his back broken), and as to Arathi, I don't recall if they said one or the other won.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahapenes View Post
    Horde won Warsong (noted by them taking over Silverwing Refuge), Alliance won AV (as noted already, Drek was killed, but self res'd and is bound to a wheelchair due to having his back broken), and as to Arathi, I don't recall if they said one or the other won.
    Can you give us a source about that? Because i can't find any. The fact that Drek is bound to a wheelchair doesn't mean he was killed an self ressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    What does this have to do with what I posted? He's still snobby, but he was snobby towards non-Gilneans. Now we get to see him from a Gilnean perspective. That's a difference. Genn Greymane loved his people, and he was respected by his people, even those counted amongst the dissenters in the Civil War. But Genn Greymane has also been humbled by a crippling famine, a civil war, and the spread of the worgen epidemic (including to himself). His character already begins to change. He was unable to truly protect his people, and he remains a prisoner in his own land. His wife Mia notes how he atypically mopes around in Greymane Manor since the retreat to Duskhaven. Then he faces the destruction of southern Gilneas by the Cataclysm, the Forsaken invasion, requiring the night elves for aid, the death of his son, the exile of the Gilnean refugees, and running back into the arms of the Alliance for their aid to retake Gilneas. That's an extraordinary amount for any monarch to handle. And you wonder why there is a "change" in character?

Quote Originally Posted by Tahapenes View Post
    Facepalm he was never killed and the fact he still lives in Av means the dwarfs lost.
    "The sky's will rain fire." "The oceans will boil." "The streets will run red with the blood of billions only then when your last pitiful hope is extinguished will I end your life lets go."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldarc View Post
    What does this have to do with what I posted? He's still snobby, but he was snobby towards non-Gilneans. Now we get to see him from a Gilnean perspective. That's a difference. Genn Greymane loved his people, and he was respected by his people, even those counted amongst the dissenters in the Civil War. But Genn Greymane has also been humbled by a crippling famine, a civil war, and the spread of the worgen epidemic (including to himself). His character already begins to change. He was unable to truly protect his people, and he remains a prisoner in his own land. His wife Mia notes how he atypically mopes around in Greymane Manor since the retreat to Duskhaven. Then he faces the destruction of southern Gilneas by the Cataclysm, the Forsaken invasion, requiring the night elves for aid, the death of his son, the exile of the Gilnean refugees, and running back into the arms of the Alliance for their aid to retake Gilneas. That's an extraordinary amount for any monarch to handle. And you wonder why there is a "change" in character?
    pretty much this

he loves his ppl why would he be an ass to them