[PvP] Haste seems to be an efficient Band-Aid.

Heard vaguely about it on AJ and tried it myself, i'm sitting at around 20% haste and while it doesn't help our damage that much, focus regen at that point is kind of acceptable. Using Herkuml War Token, reforged most of my gear to haste and 3 Quick Ambers + a Sun Scope (40 haste) on my Weapon.

Anyone else tried it?

We still need fixing, but it seems like a decent band-aid until Blizzard do something about us PvP-Wise.

Edit : Armory is dead, didn't update my toons in days =(.

I tried this out on my hunter, I'd done around 30 hours of BGs over the weekend (farking grinding. Farking honor costs. Farking not counting wins if you join the bg after it starts) and after seeing this post I went ahead and reforged/regemmed my yellow sockets to deft ametrine, and I have to say it does seem a pretty noticable difference. Before there was just no way to put pressure on then deliver some burst, even Rapid Fire wasn't giving me enough to really pour it on once I got them set up, this seems to help some. Now if only my Kill Shot wasn't doing less than Mages/Locks standard nukes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will have to try this out, I suppose. Probably will reforge some gear, as well.

bump, so more hunters see this.

Thought I'd test this for the hell of it as well since there hasn't been much to do lately at all since 4.01 hit and PvP 1/2 the time gives the deserter bug anyway. Reforged all my crit on my PvP gear to haste, sitting at ~11% haste, (did not regem/use war token) might try that as well if I get bored enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    25% haste is 1 more Focus per second. When you get Fox, 33% haste becomes huge because you can now run around with 1.5s cast Steady Shots. It's a ton of fun in beta bgs so far.
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!

so you say hunter in pvp 85 is fine? and fun?

it feels kinda like trying to do damage in aspect of viper. but a tad worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Pence-Korgath View Post
    it feels kinda like trying to do damage in aspect of viper. but a tad worse.
    Thats how i feel atm, are you saying in beta it doesn't get better? :<

Quote Originally Posted by chelate View Post
    25% haste is 1 more Focus per second. When you get Fox, 33% haste becomes huge because you can now run around with 1.5s cast Steady Shots. It's a ton of fun in beta bgs so far.
    You are aware that Aspect of the Fox doesn't give a passive Focus regen right..

Yeah stacking haste helps, but it's kinda like using duct tape to close a gaping chest wound. It works, but it is by no means a good fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Derian View Post
    Yeah stacking haste helps, but it's kinda like using duct tape to close a gaping chest wound. It works, but it is by no means a good fix.

more like using duct tape to cover up a bunch of holes in a fire hose... dollar store duct tape-doesnt stay sticky! (water pressure being the dmg.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaporizer View Post
    You are aware that Aspect of the Fox doesn't give a passive Focus regen right..
    I don't understand where you think I said that it does, but of course it doesn't. Being able to get that 9 Focus every 1.5s while still hitting sort of hard (well, less hard thanks to the awesome Steady Shot nerf that just went through) is useful.

anachronistic hypocrites

Quote Originally Posted by chelate View Post
    I don't understand where you think I said that it does, but of course it doesn't. Being able to get that 9 Focus every 1.5s while still hitting sort of hard (well, less hard thanks to the awesome Steady Shot nerf that just went through) is useful.
    Supposedly the Steady Shot nerf has been in for a while and this is just a tooltip update.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    Supposedly the Steady Shot nerf has been in for a while and this is just a tooltip update.
    Granted, it could just be the tooltip error. I can't test at work, sadly, and I won't be home until super late. If anyone can go do a quick test, somebody who hopefully has some previous-to-Tuesday data as well, I'd be grateful to be corrected.

anachronistic hypocrites