Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    It happens to me to, but I turned the game to windowed mode, and problem solved.

This happens to me all the time! It's so damn frustrating. Additionally, it also happens to me when I land after using a taxi mount whilst having WoW minimized. Hopefully it'll be fixed tonight, because it is extremely irritating.

Note: This started happening immediately after the patch came out, when I had no addons loaded by patch default.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarbreaker View Post
    I always DC when I alt-tab as I land from a flight path or from load screens. Doesnt matter how long im tabbed out as long as im back on the screen before my bird lands.
    These are exactly the same symptoms I'm getting; I too find that as long as my WoW is not minimized as I land from the taxi or complete a loading bar, I will not be disconnected. I experience it with and without addons, they make no difference.

Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    I think its an issue on your side, I alt-tab like crazy all the time, always have and i have never noticed this.
    That was a bit quick to make that call.
    Last edited by TheShinyOne; 2010-10-26 at 04:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukari View Post
    Equality is a universal concept, you either care about it for everyone, or you don't care about it. It can't be compartmentalized, you can't champion equality for solely one group, that's inimical to the whole idea of equality.
    To make room for the cupcake!

this has been happening to me aswell ever since 4.0.1
    And at the start i had no addons loaded at all, so i doubt it is an addon. I might be wrong of course, but i think its a problem with the patch, and i do run the game on ultra and it still happens

Hello,

I had this same problem for a long while and it drove me nuts, I finally found a fix so I wanted to share.

Instead of using Windowed Mode, I went to Menu > Video > Advanced and scrolled my Max Background FPS to 100.

hate this issue so much ... yesterday i was in queue for random dungeon 30 of 34 minutes (average) when i got disconnected ... raged a lot.. had to wait another 36 mins to get in dungeon :@

Quote Originally Posted by Daxen View Post
    Do you two run the game on ultra?
    umm.... do you have a machine that can run wow on ultra easy?
    That might be the problem there.

Play in Windowed Mode (Fullscreen)
    'To laugh at your own mistakes can lengthen your life, but to laugh at the mistakes of others can shorten it.'

10+ Year Old Account
    Known issue, usually you get disconnected if you cross between zones while alt-tabbed.

This happens to me on three different, unrelated computers. It consistently occurs when:

1) I arrive at a travel hub and am not tabbed into the game
    2) I am flying with auto-run on and tabbed out for more than about 15 seconds
    3) I'm idle for a few minutes while tabbed out
    4) I am tabbed out when a loading screen of any type reaches completion

It's unbelievably annoying since I use an authenticator and tab out often. I don't use any add-ons and all my settings are low. This has only been happening to me since the launch of patch 4.0.0.

Deleted
    Simple fix as some have already mentioned here.

Switch to Windowed Full Screen Mode.

Deleted
    Happens to me when im flying somewhere and tabbed out for more than a minute.

used to happen on my old computer if i'm on taxi flight.. that pc is like 3years old so i just bought new lol..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daxen View Post
    So almost everytime i Alt-Tab during loading screen i get disconnected. Is this gonna be fixed soon or what?
    Yes! It happens on and off some evenings. Bit intermittent. But when it does happen, it happens every time I alt/tab for the rest of the night. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapscallion84 View Post
    Yes! It happens on and off some evenings. Bit intermittent. But when it does happen, it happens every time I alt/tab for the rest of the night. Weird.
    same here... not very often. But when it happens it happens for the whole evening.

Happens to me as well, only after Cataclysm released though, was fine before. Quite annoying to be honest.
    Man often meets his destiny, on the path he takes to avoid it.

yeah i am having this issue as well and have been dealing with it for a few weeks now, its strange because if i am out questing and need to look something up on wowhead, i'll alt-tab, look it up, spend even 10+ minutes reading sometimes, go back to game and i'm still standing/sitting there...

however, if i take a really long flight path, and i alt-tab, i get dc'ed within ~30 seconds i almost timed it one day, my gf is on my friends list and i alt tabbed, 30 seconds later, she's like why did you go offline? i was like sigh damnit...lol

so it only happens to me when i fly, maybe when it changes zones? i dont mind windowed mode full screen but still annoying because i'm so used to wow looking decent at full screen, windowed mode is weird graphically, idk how to explain it but it takes some getting used to, but i guess only way to read wowhead or do research when on those 10 minute flight paths, like from sholazar to howljing ford lol

later

I play in windowed mode fullscreen, it looks just fine if not the same to me as normal full screen mode. And I alt tab with DBM and Dues Vox all the time. The problem 9 times out of 10 will be in your hardware. I dont think its WoW causing the issue.

Now I do have issues with zoning out of an instance trying to aviod a repair bill death and WoW will crash. But,` thats not too often and I do believe that it has to do with addons running like DBM while the encounter is going on.

It takes more hardware resources to play in full screen mode and alt tab, compared to windowed fullscreen mode and alt tab. You will see a diffrence in performace too.(or at least my cpu does)
    Last edited by Mild78; 2011-02-04 at 02:05 PM.

To be honest, I can't find myself playing anything else but maximized Windowed mode and wonder how people can do it in another way . I hear friends and guildies being annoyed as well when they're ALT-TABing out, due to the delay it takes their computer to switch to the desktop.

In full screen Windowed mode, the only difference is the taskbar at the bottom - and with a decently set up quicklaunch bar, you have everything available that you might need during WoW. Furthermore, if you're looking up something on WoWhead and you don't have your explorer window maximized, you can see WoW still going on in the background, and you can respond to events happening there: getting aggro on something, going auto-AFK, getting a group invite or dungeon queue popping up, etc ... You can then quickly switch back and act accordingly.

But I guess I just like being in control and get all info that I want / need, without blinding myself to some of it.

I'm having the same issues, and I wonder why it only started happening around 4.0.1? I used to be able to alt-tab out with no issues, even while flying.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    you DC if you zone while being alt-tabbed.