Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Deathwing is coming

does that mean patch 4.0.3 is coming soon too?

15+ Year Old Account
    I believe they were just informing people about the awsome world events where in Cata Deathwing will randomly fly above a zone and just fuggin torch the place.

I wouldn't take it as a sign of 4.0.3

Quote Originally Posted by Canuk View Post
    I believe they were just informing people about the awsome world events where in Cata Deathwing will randomly fly above a zone and just fuggin torch the place.

Oh ok understood, thanks for clearing that up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which, by the way, is totally awesome. He caught me by surprise in Twilight Highlands recently; completely wiped out all of the NPCs in the camp I was at and the area burned for a while.

Pretty sure this is event before actual Cataclysm release date 12/7/10

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm scared now O_O

10+ Year Old Account

4.0.3 is the Cataclysm which is when Deathwing emerges from Deepholm. He can't fly around and torch the place if he hasn't emerged :O

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    4.0.3 is the Cataclysm which is when Deathwing emerges from Deepholm. He can't fly around and torch the place if he hasn't emerged :O
    Did you miss the part where he said "events where in Cata".

Read the post, before you post

Completely off-topic but apparently they added a take off animation for flying mounts? (Or at least a sound) That's pretty awesome imo

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen him South of Ratchet, and I saw his /yell in the chat, but he vanished before I could die

So when does this start and end? My account is deactivated right now but I want the feat -_-

What i gathered from the post is that DURING the cataclysm expansion, deathwing is randomly fly to areas and torch the place killing everything, he will do this throughout the entire expansion until he has been killed as a raid boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LyskaWF View Post
    So when does this start and end? My account is deactivated right now but I want the feat -_-
    It starts when the Cataclysm occurs and ends...probably in 4.4 or whenever Deathwing ends up being defeatable.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why would they announce this on on the GENERAL FORUM over a month before the expansion?

I can only assume (read: hope) that this is part of the upcoming world event. The new Zombie Invasion, if you will.

But I guess we'll see.

Why does the fire not harm you? That removes the "this is a horrible event, we are doomed!" feeling. And don't give me the "qq repair bill, corpserun is soooo bad" crap. If you are in the wrong place it would be a honor to get toasted by Deathwing. Even if you follow the carebear logic, the fire should burn you down to 1hp. It's so lame to see the guy landing in the video, standing in the firewalls and nothing happens.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Why does the fire not harm you? That removes the "this is a horrible event, we are doomed!" feeling. And don't give me the "qq repair bill, corpserun is soooo bad" crap. If you are in the wrong place it would be a honor to get toasted by Deathwing. Even if you follow the carebear logic, the fire should burn you down to 1hp. It's so lame to see the guy landing in the video, standing in the firewalls and nothing happens.
    If you're in the area he torches, you're instantly killed.

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    If you're in the area he torches, you're instantly killed.
    mmh the guy in the video on the front page is running in the fire and takes no dmg
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    mmh the guy in the video on the front page is running in the fire and takes no dmg
    Maybe in the lower level zones he doesn't? He sure killed me.

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    It starts when the Cataclysm occurs and ends...probably in 4.4 or whenever Deathwing ends up being defeatable.
    My guess is before 4.4 tbh, its likely to happen in one of the pre patches just before the expansion ships. Because the Cataclysm will occur before the expansion ships out on the 7. of december.
    Synit 110 - Orc Elemental Shaman [Active]