Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Beta DPS numbers?

just wondering what rets are currently pulling for average amount in a raid setting on beta for dps. I have been looking but i cant seem to find anything.
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butosai View Post
    just wondering what rets are currently pulling for average amount in a raid setting on beta for dps. I have been looking but i cant seem to find anything.
    in the cho'gall testing a ret pala did about 16k dps. this pala was #1

10+ Year Old Account
    Do we know where we stack up compared to the other classes/specs?
    "You little hoochees!" - Daos, Lord of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    "NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet View Post
    in the cho'gall testing a ret pala did about 16k dps. this pala was #1
    Guardian of Ancient Kings certainly helped.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    thats a big possibility indeed. although it seemed he sustained the 16k for a while. it wasnt like a *BOOM* and he was far on top of the rest.

Its kinda hard to believe we'll be doing around the same dps that we are currently. Wasn't Blizzard design goal to make us feel more powerful?

Deleted
    Blowing cds my premade pala can do 21k dps for a while, then it gradually falls back to between 10k and 16k, depending on procs and so on.

Base dps while questing is usually around 7k due to no cds being used and low mob hp.

Quote Originally Posted by Arianwen View Post
    Its kinda hard to believe we'll be doing around the same dps that we are currently. Wasn't Blizzard design goal to make us feel more powerful?
    That's entry level gear to the raids and no 30% buff, ratings decay really starts to hurt around lvl 83. In comparison to other classes we are looking good atm.
    Last edited by Daffyduck; 2010-10-24 at 08:47 AM.

Depending on the fight, I've been doing 17-22k every fight and this is normally always in the top 5 usually 1 or 2 in my raid groups. So, as is, we're sitting pretty well and I haven't tested within the past few days if Rebuke is still proc'ing Seal hits (I do have rebuke macro'd into all of my attacks), and if it is, then I'm sure blizzard will probably look at this and nerf that, and that'll bring our damage down just slightly and probably be near perfectly in line to where everyone else is/should be by time Cata's launched and in good standing.

---------- Post added 2010-10-24 at 02:57 PM ----------

Also, I've been streaming BETA Raids every day the past few days, so if you're interested, add me on xfire and tune in when I do put it up.

XFire: Euneek

Euneek

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    I believe that was after they toned it down also.

A bit offtopic, but does the guardian "scale" with level/AP/SP/Lust now?

Quote Originally Posted by Euneek View Post
    Depending on the fight, I've been doing 17-22k every fight and this is normally always in the top 5 usually 1 or 2 in my raid groups. So, as is, we're sitting pretty well and I haven't tested within the past few days if Rebuke is still proc'ing Seal hits (I do have rebuke macro'd into all of my attacks), and if it is, then I'm sure blizzard will probably look at this and nerf that, and that'll bring our damage down just slightly and probably be near perfectly in line to where everyone else is/should be by time Cata's launched and in good standing.

---------- Post added 2010-10-24 at 02:57 PM ----------

Also, I've been streaming BETA Raids every day the past few days, so if you're interested, add me on xfire and tune in when I do put it up.

XFire: Euneek
    Hmm, I might try this rebuke macroing (I /cancelaura Chaos Bane) and see if there is any difference. Currently, specced without Rebuke.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark View Post
    I believe that was after they toned it down also.

A bit offtopic, but does the guardian "scale" with level/AP/SP/Lust now?
    Yes it does seem to, I always use it with wings and it does 70-100k damage. I haven't seen it crit since the nerf but haven't really tested it much either.

thought they already made the rebuke change on beta. Thats why i wouldn't really use it in live no way it'll make it to cataclysm gotta get used to things without that.
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

On live, threat seems to be a pretty big problem. Is there a concern at 85 that our threat due to burst may be too high? I definitely am having problems right now. Before, i did too much splash damage and got agro from that. Now, i'm doing too much burst and get agro from that. I cant pop my CD's at the begining of a fight because i do too much too fast when i do it. It'd be nice if Zealotry and/or Wings reduced all threat during those times. I know, i'm asking for too much. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Sindy View Post
    On live, threat seems to be a pretty big problem. Is there a concern at 85 that our threat due to burst may be too high? I definitely am having problems right now. Before, i did too much splash damage and got agro from that. Now, i'm doing too much burst and get agro from that. I cant pop my CD's at the begining of a fight because i do too much too fast when i do it. It'd be nice if Zealotry and/or Wings reduced all threat during those times. I know, i'm asking for too much. :P
    The threat issue as far as I can see is coming from the individual tanks. On live there are tanks of all 4 tank classes that I can go crazy on and never get threat. There are also ones where I have to literally stop attacking at times just to not cause a whipe. As for beta, I've not run across a single tank that can not hold threat yet. I'm sure they exist, but from my experience I can go crazy with cd's and all and never pull agro.

Yeah, even my experience on live is limited. I am just so damned bored with the current content i hardly ever play.

this is interesting, i was curious about this topic also. any data about other classes? ie: mages, dks, rogues etc. if you have any be interesting to hear about all the classes, and how they're doing. 2. these pali #'s is this all at 85 with a new level 346/359 weapon? kinda suprised to hear 16k as well geared warriors are pulling 14-15k on toravon, non icc raid boss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arianwen View Post
    Well. Does he have End game gear? no..

Quote Originally Posted by damescool View Post
    this is interesting, i was curious about this topic also. any data about other classes? ie: mages, dks, rogues etc. if you have any be interesting to hear about all the classes, and how they're doing. 2. these pali #'s is this all at 85 with a new level 346/359 weapon? kinda suprised to hear 16k as well geared warriors are pulling 14-15k on toravon, non icc raid boss.
    Things will change. A friend of mine on beta said when he got his ret to 85, he only had 7% crit.

Deleted
    You'd expect numbers to go down. You're not overgearing and hitting a L. 80 boss anymore. It's a L. 85 boss, why would your DPS go up? Silly people.