Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    exactly what i wanted

10+ Year Old Account
    Dear Deathwing:

Please obliterate Goldshire. Constantly. All the time. I promise you plenty of cookies and candy if you do this for me.

Love,

Paladin from Argent Dawn US.

i want that achievement haha

Hope they don't kill it like the Scourge invasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    I hate to seem like a QQ'er, but this have got to be the most stale and mechanical thing ever. No special music? No special sound from him? No special movement even? Just slowly flapping his wings while hovering over the land? B.o.r.i.n.g.

The Shatterer comes to mind, and The Shatterer wins.
    Because we all know that the way things first appear in beta is the way things stay when they go live, right?

Speaking of which, is anyone else disappointed that Cho'gall doesn't have any animations! I mean, I saw the beta videos and he just stands there the entire fight! It's so obvious that he will stay this way until it goes live!

Did any of you asking questions even read the blue post?

also the way people have QQd about world events in the past, this will probably get tuned down way before his death.

so when will this start happening?

Hopefully the actual implementation is better than what is shown in the video.

The coolest thing would be doing business in a town, the sky goes black and then the music changes to this.

Then he appears and kills everybody, npc and player alike.

Quote Originally Posted by tengobotas View Post
    Did any of you asking questions even read the blue post?

also the way people have QQd about world events in the past, this will probably get tuned down way before his death.
    I am surprised at the failure of basic reading as well..

Once free to terrorize the world, Deathwing will randomly choose territories in Azeroth to attack each day until his ruinous reign is brought to an end.
    Meaning this will most likely be happening every day from 4.0.3 when Deathwing erupts from the ground to the day he is finally killed.

As for this..
    Flooding

so when will this start happening?
    The world changes will be occuring with patch 4.0.3 a short time before Cataclysm is released to the stores.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcotraz View Post
    And how will we know what zone he's assaulting? There's loads of them, gotta go flying around each one each day every day?
    If it's anything like the previous events that had varying locations, there will be indications displayed on the map and/or npcs that tell you where he was spotted.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    I hate to seem like a QQ'er, but this have got to be the most stale and mechanical thing ever. No special music? No special sound from him? No special movement even? Just slowly flapping his wings while hovering over the land? B.o.r.i.n.g.

The Shatterer comes to mind, and The Shatterer wins.
    It's Beta ....

Fairly sure they'll add some HeadlessHorseman-esque dialogue when he comes flying by lol.

i see this being cool the first few times but i imagine it will get old and annoying real quick

Coolest... thing... ever

OMG this will be SO awesome this mean DW is always rampagign on the world he wont take a break and slack in thorne room

10+ Year Old Account
    Fairly sure there will be a lot of QQ from lowbies. adding in a repair bill for no friggin reason really sucks.

15+ Year Old Account
    when?

Quote Originally Posted by Seitan View Post
    If you thought Scourge Invasion was annoying....

TROLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    I didn't. But enough whiners did for Blizzard to dare anything on that scale.

This was one of the things people were begging for on the forums when Deathwing was first announced as the next big villain.

The idea is awesome.

The execution? At least judging from that video, is not so hot. I hope it's an unfinished beta thing.

I want rage from Deathwing!! That video was more like a laidback seagull crapping on your head.

And it has been confirmed on the offical forums by Zarhym that this event will be a permanent event for the duration of Cataclysm.

And for those who will whine about repair bills..

Big deal..

At low levels it is a few copper at most and at max level gold flows in so fast that even a 20 gold repair bill is a drop in the bucket and usually 1 dailies worth of effort to make back.
    Last edited by Leodegrance; 2010-10-27 at 02:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monran View Post
    @Barthos "Get killed by Deathwing"
    So however you die, I assume that fire will crit like a beast.
    Npc spells cannot crit, silly. .

Be fun if Hyper-Radiant Flame Reflector would work against it.