Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

172 expertise rating new cap

In other forums I red that with 22 expertise none melee swing will be dodged! Is it true?
    Of course I'm speaking about fury warriors...

10+ Year Old Account
    depends if you got some expertise-increasing talent . all I saw from beta is you still need 26 Expertise (not rating) to cap the dodge ...
    Make your own conclusions after all this .

on the 4.0.1 build we currently are at live, it is that indeed.

In the beta, at 85, its fixed and wont be like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Arian21 View Post
    depends if you got some expertise-increasing talent . all I saw from beta is you still need 26 Expertise (not rating) to cap the dodge ...
    Make your own conclusions after all this .
    Thats not true, the cap is 172, it's somewhere between 22 and 23 rating. In game is reading it wrong atm. I have hit a dummy like 3000 times now, and no dodges. I also have been raiding with that much exp and not 1 dodge has ever happen.

I confirme these numbers too.

This numbers are confirmed. And EJ also confirm them.

15+ Year Old Account
    for live and lvl80 this is confirmed.
    for beta and lvl 85 (and more important: what it is/will be on cata when it ships), I'd be curious if it's at those "somewhat over 22 expertise", because I heard it's only a display bug, since they reduced the ratings of hit and expertise, but the tooltip doesn't reflect that yet. no guarantee on this though.

Due to recalibrating expertise for Cataclysm, level 80-83 creatures (which includes bosses) dodge and parry less, so you need less expertise, 23, to be exact. Sorry we didn't announce this. I would classify it as an unintended consequence (though not unknown) and not a desired change on our part.

At level 85, you will need 26 again.

See main page - direct quote from GC.
    Steaküms 85 Warrior
    Éxpletive 85 Hunter
    Totums 85 Shaman
    Wholemilk 85 Paladin

"Our character is what we do when we think no one is looking"

Yep, got the blue I was waiting for...

Time to Reforge out a little Expertise.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

The thing is, the Blue says the cap is 23 but the first people who noticed it a couple of weeks ago on EJ said it was 172 which is 22. I've been sitting on 173 for a while which is also 22.

with 172 you can get dodge... but with 173 you can't. 172 = ~.00000001 chanse XD
    Last edited by MorphexEU; 2010-10-29 at 03:28 PM.