Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by halmotors View Post
    I'm not sure exactly what you want us to do with this information.
    I'm not sure why he needed his own thread for this. It's very, very hard not to stoop to a juvenile level and post a meme picture - however, I do value my posting privileges here.

I'm not sure what your problem is, either. you reported a problem, they said "yeah, we're working on it" in a way that says "English isn't my first language" and...you post here, on a fansite....asking nothing, but wanting to share your story? what exactly are you looking for? there was no question in your post.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Silania View Post
    The real problem here is that GMs don't do grand RP introductions like they used to.

tru dat

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Did you seriously make a GM ticket for 32 Honor Points ?

No wonder it takes ages to get a response from a GM when its actually needed these days

Eek, I agree with the outsourced thing. That is scary!
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    No, that guy was right. The OP ticketed over 45 honor. 45. Honor. He waited a week. For 45. Honor. The OP is a moron, plain and simple.
    Did the OP at ANY point say he didn't farm more honour but instead waited for it to be sent ? A bug is a bug and they're assigned to handle such issues, no matter how small they might be, if the game "makes an error" they're there to fix the issue the writer of the ticket have, and forward the problem to people who can change that.

Actually, the GM was addressing your issue. What he was trying to say that they are, under not circumstances, giving away points just because someone says they don't have the correct amount. I can only assume this is to prevent 'fraud' because anyone can say they lost something and get it back, and they seem to not have any way to track what you should have received as stated in the petition.

Now that's said, why did you waste your time to fill out a petition and wait a week over 35 honor points whereas you could have just gotten 3x that in one BG?
    Just another random troll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same sort of thing happened to me last week. My chat was all screwed up for some random reason and I wasn't able to see anything in guild,say,yell,party channels or any loot messages either.

The first gm sent me an in game mail telling me he had sent me an email with troubleshooting steps. All it told me to do was delete my cache,wtf, and interface folders in my wow folder and in the virtual store... This didn't help at all and deleted all my addons and macros...

The first gm also gave me a code to accelerate my ticket if I needed to put in another one and I did and all I got was a GM response in the ticket window saying they sent me another email with the same troubleshooting steps which I had already done twice and told them so... I never recieved said email...

I put in a third ticket and finally a gm opened a chat with me and when I told him what happened he gave me a simple command that I didn't know existed to fix it and said he would check into the other two guys... I just don't understand why the first two couldn't have done what this gm had and why it seems blizzard hires half competent gms and half idiots that are worse than the call-in tech support guys...

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    You think you'd have a little more respect for what GM's have to deal with considering they've had to save your characters but twice due to your own fault.

Why would the GM lie to him? He has absulutly no reason to. Its not like the OP is gonna delete his account over 45 honor. Hes stating that its a frequent problem, probally so frequent that if they went and fixed it for every single person it happened to, it would take up WAY to much time, and they wouldnt be able to adress the cause. Theres only so much manpower.
    Just because your account get's hacked doesn't mean it's necessarily your fault. i got my account hacked once without giving my password to anyone, not filling it on any shady sites, scanning my pc periodically,etc.
    Ignorance is bliss, whether he get it reimbursed or not is not the MAIN issue here, bad GM was bad, he even typed the wrong name and all in his reply. That's not acceptable.
    Also having respect for GMs in general, and having respect for GMs like the one mentioned above isn't the same. I had plenty of GM encounters that were simply awesome. Great and impeccable service even if i had to wait a few hours. The one above doesn't even come close. And i'm not even talking about grammar.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    GMs are people that make minimum wage to sit in front of a computer all day and deal with problems that people have with their pixels. I can't think of a LESS fulfilling job, which is not to excuse them, but more to provide context. It would be like going to the grocery store and buying a pound of ham and complaining to the cashier that you only got 15.98 ounces. Yeah, it may be true, but in the grand scheme of things, nobody gives a shit. They are aware that there is an issue, but they don't have the time/resources to restore a couple lost honor points from every single account. If it were an issue that might cause you to cancel your account, they'd probably be more willing to help, but I'm pretty sure you aren't cancelling over 10 lost honor points.

---------- Post added 2010-11-01 at 01:42 AM ----------

yeah, sitting in front of a computer interfacing through a text window with whiny nerds about fake game things for 7 bucks an hour, sounds like a fucking sweet gig bro
    You're assuming that those people are making minimum wage? who's the naive one here?
    Have you gone through their recruitment page? have you looked at those requirement for even the lowest position? Heck i barely have the resume for any position they give out, barely can get in as a GM or customer service and i've worked in such a position for several years too until i quit recently.
    I know what imbeciles you can run into, but i can also tell you that big hits like Blizzard don't give you "minimum wage". Also just because they have to deal with it isn't our problem. It's their problem for not finding something better, as well as their DUTY to give the best possible help they can. Whether its a minor issue or a big one they have to give you proper service.

Also we haven't seen any blue posts about this so far have we? But we can see from several comments that it's there, we can see people lost HP for nothing,we can see the GM admitting to the issue, yet no one commented on it. Yea i think the guy had all the right to file a ticket and ask about this in the first place.
    Perspective is like a coin. It has two faces, but most people fail to see both.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiangnala View Post
    So I had some honor mysteriously disappear over a week ago when I left Wintergrasp. Losing this honor put me just under where I needed to be to buy myself the belt I had been farming honor for. I submit a ticket (which appears in the screenshots I've linked) which is escalated while I'm at work the next day. After a week of the the little box telling me I have an escalated ticket taking up a chunk of my screen, I finally get a response: http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...nala/BADGM.jpg http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...ala/BADGM2.jpg I blanked out the name of the GM and the name of the character this (maybe?) should have been sent to.First of all, the response was addressed to a character I don't even know, that doesn't even exist on my realm. Second, the grammar, spelling, and punctuation are that of a third grader. Third, this response barely even addresses the problem that I've been waiting over a week for them to settle for me.

ITS BIG GUBBERMENT TRIAN TO TAKE OUR HONOR....No but seriously, it's a few grammatical errors, he's probably answering 600 of those ticketes a day, so get off his case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1291 View Post
    I have a good story to tell. It suprisingly ends well.

One night a good friend of mine and I were running BWL, as we both want Elementium Ingots before the world change patch drops, wiping the scepter quest off the face of Azeroth forever. We came to a mutual decision to split the Ingots 1 for 1, starting with the first drop going to me. Well, we get to the engineers and the Elementium begins the drop. A total of 4 dropped, splitting them 2 / 2. Two per isn't too bad, and we were both happy.

Well, about 10 or 15 minutes later down the line, I open my bag and just happen to notice that in my bags, there's only a single Elementium Ingot, when in fact, there should be two. I bring this to my friend's attention, and he says "Oh whoa, I'm actually missing one too." So, we turn around and walk back to the engineers. Lo and behold, there's a few bodies that didn't disappear (we were looting everything, so this shouldn't be), and they were assigned to us, but there was no loot on the body, no sparkling to click on, no interaction whatsoever.

We both naturally submit tickets, as the Cataclysm is near. Any missed Ingot could be the downfall of this questline. Two, three, maybe even four days pass. I finally get a response that, in short, said: "Dear Wrathofhell, I was able to confirm that the Ingot did in fact get misplaced and not correctly looted. This is a problem we are aware of, but since the loot is not *boss* loot, there's nothing we can do." Now, I'm not one to really get pissed off over things, so I just let it go. Fill out the survey slightly negatively and explain why in the description.

After talking with my friend, I come to find out that of course, he got the same reply. I also found out that he sent back a very.... language-intensive reply though the "more help" function after receiving a ticket. He told them it was complete bullshit that they couldn't refund the ingot, and that it was looted fair and square and the "fact" that they couldn't return it was a flat out lie, and they have done it in the past. After this message, they sent him an ingot.

Remember how I said I don't get pissed much? Yeah.... this kind of did it. I instantly re-submitted a ticket, feeding them all the information he told me, and asked if I was being discriminated against, or if it was some big joke being played on me, or what was going on. After another 2 - 3 day wait, I get a very generic reply of "We were able to find the loot on <mobs name here, can't remember exact name>, and refunded the Elementium Ingot in your mail."

TL;DR- If you have a LEGITIMATE problem that you know should be fixed but a basic GM won't help you with, get pissed.

Hope the length of this story doesn't scare people off, I think it's worth a read.
    It's sad that this is the case with many companies nowadays... If you are nice and polite they will treat you like shit and you treat them like shit back then they will actually help you... Why the hell should we have to go through all this? Why can't they just do their jobs right the first time?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by denizhansen View Post
    This, that simple really.

You good sir, should wake the hell on up. He is writing because its OH SO INTERESTING when the big boss man makes a mistake, and he has to run and tell everybody about it. Its pathetic behaviour and thats all it is.
    GM's are doing a great job, stop thinking you know anything about their job or are in a position to tell them or others what they are doing wrong. Your in no position for that, and frankly your making an ass of yourself every time you attempt to do so.
    Gm's really arent that great, i cant complete the "to all the squirrels i've loved before" achievment bc im phased in durotar even tho i have completed the entire wrathgate questline and have no quests remaining in my log...the gm that answered my ticket told me to delete my cache and WTF folder....so now i am still phased in durotar and now i have to reset all my bindings/ui config as well...thx gm!

Quote Originally Posted by ScorchHellfire View Post
    It's sad that this is the case with many companies nowadays... If you are nice and polite they will treat you like shit and you treat them like shit back then they will actually help you... Why the hell should we have to go through all this? Why can't they just do their jobs right the first time?
    Like he said. Also Remember that there are other GMs doing their job properly. Isn't it unfair for THEM to be payed just as much as that 3rd guy who does his job poorly or doesn't even try?
    Perspective is like a coin. It has two faces, but most people fail to see both.

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    Gm's really arent that great, i cant complete the "to all the squirrels i've loved before" achievment bc im phased in durotar even tho i have completed the entire wrathgate questline and have no quests remaining in my log...the gm that answered my ticket told me to delete my cache and WTF folder....so now i am still phased in durotar and now i have to reset all my bindings/ui config as well...thx gm!
    This sounds.... fishy to say the least. Have you looked up said critter to see if there's anywhere else that it spawns? I'm pretty sure none of them are exclusive (to Durotar, at least.)
    I'm also not sure about...
    A) Completing the Wrathgate questline has anything to do with anything dealing with that achievement, and
    B) How one gets phased in durotar, and how, even if you were, that affects the critters in said zone?

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol @ "Humaningly possible"
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampantsoto View Post
    Once Vin Diesel is an adult I will feed him more than just crickets

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenshiva View Post
    Like he said. Also Remember that there are other GMs doing their job properly. Isn't it unfair for THEM to be payed just as much as that 3rd guy who does his job poorly or doesn't even try?
    I don't think they do. There are different "tiers" of GMs, so to speak. The lowest tier is the one that covers all the basic shit that can be handled quickly. I'm not sure how high up these tiers go, but whenever something more delicate is being handled, it gets sent up to a higher tier GM that deals with special / specific cases. On a side note, these are the GMs that deal with stolen accounts. Whenever you see your ticket say "Your ticket has been escalated", this means someone at Blizzard read your ticket and forwarded it to a higher tier GM that will look into your case a bit deeper than your average GM.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    GMs are people that make minimum wage to sit in front of a computer all day and deal with problems that people have with their pixels. I can't think of a LESS fulfilling job, which is not to excuse them, but more to provide context. It would be like going to the grocery store and buying a pound of ham and complaining to the cashier that you only got 15.98 ounces. Yeah, it may be true, but in the grand scheme of things, nobody gives a shit. They are aware that there is an issue, but they don't have the time/resources to restore a couple lost honor points from every single account. If it were an issue that might cause you to cancel your account, they'd probably be more willing to help, but I'm pretty sure you aren't cancelling over 10 lost honor points.

---------- Post added 2010-11-01 at 01:42 AM ----------

yeah, sitting in front of a computer interfacing through a text window with whiny nerds about fake game things for 7 bucks an hour, sounds like a fucking sweet gig bro
    you do realize that most GMs are huge warcraft fans who probably love their job, right? you honestly think they only hire 'regular joes' who hate video games and loathe the idea of sitting around playing a game they'd probably be PAYING to play otherwise?

доверять надежде означает знать отчаяние

Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    So let me get this straight. A small amount of honor disappears and, rather than go do a couple BGs, you decided, instead, to submit a ticket, wasting a GM's time and wait a *WEEK* for a resolution. Rather than spending an hour or two in BGs to get the honor.

Have I got all that right?

EDIT:

No, that guy was right. The OP ticketed over 45 honor. 45. Honor. He waited a week. For 45. Honor. The OP is a moron, plain and simple.

This person speaks the truth.

I wouldn't be surprised if a GM doesn't put much effort into his spelling because of the large volume of useless tickets, like this one, he may receive per day. Come on friend, your submitting a ticket over such a trivial matter causing others to wait who may have more serious issues. I know it's a GM responsibility to act professional at all times when dealing with their customer's but this sort of thing is just a waste of time for both you and the GM. It's probably explains why I personally wait over 24 hours for a ticket to get answered.

Deleted
    It's like 20 honor you lost, what's the big deal, you would of made that 750 quadruple times while u waited for the ticket

I don't know why people are "shooting the messenger" in this topic. I hardly see it as the GM's fault that there is a coding bug in the game that causes loss of honor points. He's only passing the message on from higher up in Blizzard for a known problem which they say they are already working on a fix for. I see no problem with the GM's response.
    [/url]