Deleted

Target For Me 2 (beta, could use feedback)

Hey all,

I've completely rewritten my TargetForMe mod with a load of new options and ability for users to customise macros.

If you hadn't heard of the first version, it was a simple mod that stored a targeting macro for each boss. When you reach that boss, it swapped the text of that macro in and you had the correct macro. This meant that you only needed to occupy one slot in your macro book and could keep the same macro bound on your bars/keys.

It's up on curse.com as a beta release currently (I've only added macros for Icecrown Citadel and a couple of Cataclysm 5-mans), but I could do with some feedback on how well it works and ideas for targeting macros.

The biggest changes are:

1. You can now customise the targetting macro for each boss to EXACTLY what you want.

2. You can also store a utility macro for each boss, to handle stuff other than targetting (or a secondary targetting macro).

3. Targetting macros defined by role. You're melee dps? Your targeting requirements will be different to the mage next to you and that's cool, the mod knows you're melee and gives you the melee targeting macro. The mage? he'll get a ranged version of the targeting priority.

4. Add spells/abilities onto the macro. Just define /cast Fireball etc and it will be automatically added to the macro for you. You can define a different spell/ability for each spec too.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...-for-me-2.aspx

Deleted
    Looks pretty impressive.

Looks great I'll be using this.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Wow. Awesome. I've been secretly wanting something like this. Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose it's impossible to make it target a specific raid mark, even if would be possible to co-work with other addons (Boss mods basically)?

Edit: I know you can't macro target marks, was only thinking if there's a way to target specific marks by using a Boss Mods marking system. Althought it's also probably random.
    Last edited by Trivial; 2010-11-01 at 12:06 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trivial View Post
    I suppose it's impossible to make it target a specific raid mark, even if would be possible to co-work with other addons (Boss mods basically)?
    Unfortunately it's not possible.

This mod doesn't break any of Blizzard's rules for automation, as in effect someone could already do this by having huge numbers of macros saved in their macro book. This macro just makes sure that you have the correct macro at hand for each boss, without having to remember to swap macros around. For many people, who don't really understand Blizzard's macro language, this mod provides them with a full collection of targeting macros without needing to search forums for them.

this mod as potential to help on Maloriak fight, Flash Freeze, its damm hard to target the OT when there 9 adds nameplates around the ice cube

Deleted
    Sure, I've not seen the fight myself, but there's bound to be a number of ways of making macros to do that.

there videos around in this forums and also on youtube :P

i'll give 'er a run and see what i get!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lusitan View Post
    this mod as potential to help on Maloriak fight, Flash Freeze, its damm hard to target the OT when there 9 adds nameplates around the ice cube
    Ok, so the macro you're after is probably something like:
    Code:
    /targetexact Flash Freeze
    /tar [noexists][dead] Maloriak