I don't know how you fix up that swiss cheese secondary in 4 days.. i'll take the 4.5 points because I think the Bears are fo real this year

51 pts over/under.. i'm taking the under
    Last edited by sheffield; 2012-09-13 at 09:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Two teams in the history of the NFL have made the playoffs after starting 0-2 in a season with both losses at home. Two teams. So ya, it is a must win if for nothing else than confidence going forward. Rodgers absolutely shells the Bears though so I think Green Bay comes ahead. Talk about games with shootout potential though. Should be a super exciting game.
    I don't know, this feels like a baseball "most home runs on Tuesday nights in closed domes when there's a full moon and a werewolf is spotted in the parking lot" stat. I think the only thing they need to worry about if they lose is the fact that they're the GREEN BAY PACKERS and they're losing at home.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sheffield View Post
    I don't know how you fix up that swiss cheese secondary in 4 days.. i'll take the 4.5 points because I think the Bears are fo real this year

51 pts over/under.. i'm taking the under
    Haven't looked at the lines, but ya I would take the Bears if they are 4.5 point underdogs. The over/under is a big number so I'd probably take the under too. They scored 56 and 44 points in their two games last year, 37 and 13 the year before. I don't think 28-24 is in any way that unrealistic of a score though so that is a tough call. Probably take the under and bet against Cutler being good.

Jared Allen got his fourth offside penalty in his last 2,894 snaps in the last three seasons on a blown call last week. That is fucking absurd. That is a good week or two for most defensive lineman, let alone three freaking seasons.

---------- Post added 2012-09-13 at 06:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I don't know, this feels like a baseball "most home runs on Tuesday nights in closed domes when there's a full moon and a werewolf is spotted in the parking lot" stat. I think the only thing they need to worry about if they lose is the fact that they're the GREEN BAY PACKERS and they're losing at home.
    Hey man, stats are stats. Its no different than the 5-6 team turnover in the playoffs every years. Doesn't mean it is going to happen, just means that there is a historical precedent that your chances to make the playoffs plummet in such a short season if you lose two of your home games to start.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Two teams in the history of the NFL have made the playoffs after starting 0-2 in a season with both losses at home. Two teams. So ya, it is a must win if for nothing else than confidence going forward. Rodgers absolutely shells the Bears though so I think Green Bay comes ahead. Talk about games with shootout potential though. Should be a super exciting game.
    Rodgers doesnt really play that great vs Chicago historically. He had that monster game at the very end last season but thats more of the Bears were just completely finished/decimated and had no way of holding the ball at all, when you are going 3 and out cause you have the worst QB in the entire NFL the defense isnt going to hold up so I throw that game out the window.

in his last games before that going back to his 1st year starting in 2008 he had:
    111.4 QBR 297 Yds 3 TD 1 INT
    89.7 QBR 229 Yds 1 TD 1 INT
    92.5 QBR 316 Yds 1 TD 1 INT
    55.4 QBR 244 Yds 0 TD 2 INT
    88.9 QBR 180 Yds 0 TD 0 INT
    92.0 QBR 184 Yds 1 TD 0 INT
    87.6 QBR 260 Yds 2 TD 1 INT
    105.8 QBR 227 Yds 2 TD 1 INT

That averages to about 90.4 QBR 242 Yds 1.3 TD 0.9 INT
    Considering his career starting averages are 104+ QBR 275 Yds 2.1 TD 0.6 INT
    Id say he actually plays considerably worse against the Bears than against other opponents

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know how to feel about this game yet...

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey look, Green Bay's defense showed up. This has the potential to be one very boring defensive game.

10+ Year Old Account
    How the hell was that 12 men?

edit - wow https://twitter.com/MikePereira/stat...15813232447488

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    How the hell was that 12 men?

edit - wow https://twitter.com/MikePereira/stat...15813232447488
    I'm a little confused by what he said. "If his foot is in the air, he is not out". If he is insinuating that he was still inbounds, then it was 12-men, but I don't think that's what he was saying. Also, I don't have a Twitter, for the same reason I almost never post on Facebook, but I will have that bookmarked.

Looks like Hester still has his stuff. Why are the best returners always mediocre at their regular positions?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a little confused by what he said. "If his foot is in the air, he is not out". If he is insinuating that he was still inbounds, then it was 12-men, but I don't think that's what he was saying. Also, I don't have a Twitter, for the same reason I almost never post on Facebook, but I will have that bookmarked.

Looks like Hester still has his stuff. Why are the best returners always mediocre at their regular positions?
    Yeah, he tweets a lot during the games. If you leave his page open in a tab it will auto update.

I think what he meant, is the last foot to leave the playing field must touch out of bounds, otherwise its considered 12 men on the field.

So really good challenge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, he tweets a lot during the games. If you leave his page open in a tab it will auto update.

I think what he meant, is the last foot to leave the playing field must touch out of bounds, otherwise its considered 12 men on the field.

So really good challenge.
    Yeah, that's what he said, I saw the next Tweet. Also agree with him on personal fouls like fights. Flag both of em. But in that case, there's no real penalty on the field, so give em some kind of warning (like how two technical fouls in the NBA has you kicked out of the game).

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that's what he said, I saw the next Tweet. Also agree with him on personal fouls like fights. Flag both of em. But in that case, there's no real penalty on the field, so give em some kind of warning (like how two technical fouls in the NBA has you kicked out of the game).
    Talking about the play where this happened?

10+ Year Old Account
    Talking about the play where this happened?

Yeah (how the hell is that a gif already?)

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah (how the hell is that a gif already?)
    I browse /sp/ on 4chan. So yeah, stuff like that gets posted in the game threads.

WOW that fake.

Haha. great.

10+ Year Old Account
    I browse /sp/ on 4chan. So yeah, stuff like that gets posted in the game threads.

WOW that fake.

Haha. great.
    I missed it, and I saw nothing in the replay. Couldn't even tell what happened. Guess it was that good.

10+ Year Old Account
    I missed it, and I saw nothing in the replay. Couldn't even tell what happened. Guess it was that good.
    I'll link it if its highlighted on nfl.com then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh come on. Call timeout, got time for one throw into the endzone. Then go for the three.

By the way, the Twitter doesn't appear to be automatically updating. Must be an option somewhere, but don't think I can change it without having an account.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh come on. Call timeout, got time for one throw into the endzone. Then go for the three.

By the way, the Twitter doesn't appear to be automatically updating. Must be an option somewhere, but don't think I can change it without having an account.
    Weird, it looks like this to me.

http://i.imgur.com/IDnfL.png

10+ Year Old Account
    Weird, it looks like this to me.

http://i.imgur.com/IDnfL.png
    Yeah, and you click the "x new Tweets" for it to update, I thought you meant it did it on its own (like the option on Youtube comments).

Oh shit, Forte's hurt. Not a bad backup, especially how Chicago's running the ball, but still. Could be a major loss if it's serious.

Game over, Cutler being inconsistent Cutler.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-09-14 at 03:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, and you click the "x new Tweets" for it to update, I thought you meant it did it on its own (like the option on Youtube comments).

Oh shit, Forte's hurt. Not a bad backup, especially how Chicago's running the ball, but still. Could be a major loss if it's serious.
    Their passing game isn't good either. :\

I feel bad for Cutler. Dropped TD pass, open reciever who stand and waits for the ball (that's being thrown to him from a QB currently being eaten as dinner by a D-lineman), and the consisent piss-poor play of that offensive line. Yikes.