10+ Year Old Account
    I went out for food during halftime, but I don't need to see a performance to know that Kid Rock is terrible. Apologies to Detroit for having to deal with the fact that everyone knows who he is. Tell me you have more well-known non-sports celebrities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even though I'm a huge fan of Forsett, that was not a TD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god. I'm pushing for Houston here, but how in the blue hell is that play not allowed to be reviewed? It's a touchdown. All touchdowns are reviewed. I don't get it. Somebody make sense of this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Okay wtf. All scoring plays are supposed to be reviewed. Why was that not reviewed? That play is unchallengable by Schwartz because it is supposed to be automatically reviewed. That is some replacement ref level bullshit right there.

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 02:52 PM ----------

Once Schwartz threw the flag the refs can't review it? How the fuck does that make any sense at all?

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Okay wtf. All scoring plays are supposed to be reviewed. Why was that not reviewed? That play is unchallengable by Schwartz because it is supposed to be automatically reviewed. That is some replacement ref level bullshit right there.
    The booth upstairs can't review after he threw the challenge flag, but that play isn't challengable, so he got a penalty for throwing an illegal challenge flag, and after a challenge flag is throw (even an illegal one) the booth cannot review the play. Terrible call, but it is what it is. If he hadn't thrown the flag it would have been overturned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Oh god. I'm pushing for Houston here, but how in the blue hell is that play not allowed to be reviewed? It's a touchdown. All touchdowns are reviewed. I don't get it. Somebody make sense of this.
    Its kinda the same deal with the Seattle hail mary. They can only review if he had two feet in the endzone.

Willing to bet this gets changed in the offseason honestly. Might of just fucked over another game here.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Its kinda the same deal with the Seattle hail mary. They can only review if he had two feet in the endzone.

Willing to bet this gets changed in the offseason honestly. Might of just fucked over another game here.
    Has nothing to do with having anything in the endzone...The booth will not review a play after a challenge flag has been thrown, even if a challenge flag was thrown on a play that isn't challengable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cherb View Post
    Has nothing to do with having anything in the endzone...The booth will not review a play after a challenge flag has been thrown, even if a challenge flag was thrown on a play that isn't challengable.
    Stupid ass rules, just get it right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, that's a stupid rule, but that's all on Jim Schwartz for throwing the flag on a scoring play.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think he meant that they can't review simultaneous possession and it is what it is once the refs called that. All they could do once the ref deemed it simultaneous possession in the Seattle game was make sure they were in bounds since they can't overturn SP. Think he was just comparing how stupid and incomplete the review rules are. Every year they add another handful of things to review to cover holes they somehow didn't think of before and then others things come up. I'm sure they will add simultaneous possession to the reviews this year.

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 03:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Art3x View Post
    Stupid ass rules, just get it right.
    Exactly. There shouldn't be an issue there with getting the call right. If they tag on 15 yards to the end of where Forsett was down, fine. It shouldn't be able to erase the possibility of a review.

Oh I'm not disagreeing that it's an incredibly dumb rule and a stupid call....That wasn't a touchdown and should have been overturned. Just saying why it wasn't and that Jim Schwartz should know not to try and challenge a scoring play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh so they can't even review the scoring play if he threw the challenge flag? Never heard of that, but I've never seen a coach make that mistake.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh so they can't even review the scoring play if he threw the challenge flag? Never heard of that, but I've never seen a coach make that mistake.
    I think the same thing actually happened last week in Atlanta lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Somebody explain why that play couldn't be challenged?
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Yep, booth can't do anything about it once the red flag is out...even if it's an illegal challenge. It's silly and might cost the Lions this game, but what can ya do =/

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 08:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    A scoring play cannot be challenged because the booth automatically reviews it. However, the booth cannot review a play after a challenge flag has been thrown, even if the play wasn't allowed to be challenged, like in this case where it is a scoring play. Once the red flag is out, the booth will not review the play for any reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, booth can't do anything about it once the red flag is out...even if it's an illegal challenge. It's silly and might cost the Lions this game, but what can ya do =/

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 08:09 PM ----------

A scoring play cannot be challenged because the booth automatically reviews it. However, the booth cannot review a play after a challenge flag has been thrown, even if the play wasn't allowed to be challenged, like in this case where it is a scoring play. Once the red flag is out, the booth will not review the play for any reason.
    Remove a moronic rule?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    When a coach throws a challenge flag on a non-reviewable play it is a 15 yard penalty. In this case the play is only not reviewable because it is supposed to be automatically reviewed. So when Schwartz threw the flag, it cancels out the automatic review, the thing that made the play non-reviewable in the first place, because you can't benefit from a review if you were penalized for challenging a non-reviewable play.

Remove a moronic rule?
    Can't really do that in the middle of a game. It wasn't a touchdown, but after he threw the flag, the play had to stand no matter what was done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remove a moronic rule?
    I think its a pretty good rule. The coaches should know these things.

Actually I'm pretty sure if you ask a ref they will tell you if a play is challengeable or not. I see Jim Harbaugh doing it at pretty much every other play.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fucking Joique Bell poaching TDs from LeShoure. Then again he went to freaking Wayne St (who I didn't even know played football) so its hard not to be excited for the guy.