10+ Year Old Account
    So the NFL actually had the balls to fine Earl Thomas on the "hit" on Ryan Tannehill.

Every QB in the league should be elite with the rules they give them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    So the NFL actually had the balls to fine Earl Thomas on the "hit" on Ryan Tannehill.

Was that the one where he was already in the air when the ball came out, and he barely hit him?

Yeah, they fucked up hard. Suh did his shit on purpose, Thomas isn't fucking Superman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Was that the one where he was already in the air when the ball came out, and he barely hit him?

Yeah, they fucked up hard. Suh did his shit on purpose, Thomas isn't fucking Superman.
    Yeah.

And thats exactly what Thomas said... he doesn't have super powers to move out of the way mid air. If you look at the clip, the jump actually slowed down his speed. He came out of the secondary like a rocket.

15+ Year Old Account

Wow I thought the Suh ruling was fucking stupid, but man does that take the cake. The penalty was bullshit, but the fine is just unbelievable. Hope he appeals.

---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 05:38 PM ----------

Earl Thomas was fined $15,000 for that laughable hit.

Jared Allen got $21,00 for this leaping headshot that ended a guy's season.

Ladies and gentleman, the NFL disciplinary system.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-11-28 at 10:50 PM.

Poor Smith Move over for the better raider ermm I meant Quarterback

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    So Suh got fined 30 large for a play the NFL already deemed unintentional. Makes sense, right?
    they should have just said he was being fined for being Ndamakong Suh, because that's basically what it boils down to: your track record makes it necessary to punish you for things that we can't prove were done with intent, because there's always a chance. if it was anyone else (other than one of the Saints bounty crew or Harrison a couple years ago when he was trying to concuss the entire league) there would have been no fine, because no headline.
    22 miles of hard road
    33 years of tough luck
    44 skulls buried in the ground
    Crawling down through the muck
    Ah yeah...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbadxampl View Post
    they should have just said he was being fined for being Ndamakong Suh, because that's basically what it boils down to: your track record makes it necessary to punish you for things that we can't prove were done with intent, because there's always a chance. if it was anyone else (other than one of the Saints bounty crew or Harrison a couple years ago when he was trying to concuss the entire league) there would have been no fine, because no headline.
    "Oh hey, we didn't find any evidence to tell intent in order to suspend, but here is your fine for touching the QB"

10+ Year Old Account
    Rolando McClain is going to be released, do the Jags need a MLB too or does somebody else get a shot?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbadxampl View Post
    I think it might work kind of like the O.J. Simpson thing. At first, they were like "well, we have no evidence he did it on purpose (which means they didn't watch the clip, but whatever). Then, they basically changed their mind after they realized the defense attorney tricked them, so they had to fine him something.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Rolando McClain is going to be released, do the Jags need a MLB too or does somebody else get a shot?
    I feel like that guy could still be good if he got on a not awful team with no inspiration to play.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-11-29 at 12:58 PM.

I feel like that guy could still be good if he got on a not awful team with no inspiration to play.
    Poor Manti Te'o. Dude's gonna end up the same way as McClain.

10+ Year Old Account
    From the reports about McClain's attitude in the locker room, while it's always considered suicide to lose a great player, this season is long done.

There's no point keeping around a guy who has a bad attitude in the team, and he can do better elsewhere. Surprised we didn't try to offload him to get a second round pick for next year's draft, considering we're still paying the Bengals for Palmer -.-
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Atlanta airport workers egged the Saints bus after they landed, maybe they should egg the Falcons bus, they're the ones who've lost 11 of the last 13 against New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Poor Manti Te'o. Dude's gonna end up the same way as McClain.
    McClain has had attitude issues since college though hasn't he? Te'o will more than likely be on a terrible team, but I doubt he'll have the attitude problems. You should know what you are getting into when you go high in the draft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Atlanta airport workers egged the Saints bus after they landed, maybe they should egg the Falcons bus, they're the ones who've lost 11 of the last 13 against New Orleans
    At least it'll be a good game, which is a rare occurrence for Thursday night games.

Really surprised the Balt/Pitts game isn't on primetime.

15+ Year Old Account
    At least it'll be a good game, which is a rare occurrence for Thursday night games.

Really surprised the Balt/Pitts game isn't on primetime.
    With no Ben there is no way they would consider flexing that game with the Cowboys playing. Hell even with Ben I doubt they would even consider flexing it in. As for tonight, I'm not going to bet on it being a good game just yet. It should be, but Thursday night games almost always find a way to be tremendously boring.

With no Ben there is no way they would consider flexing that game with the Cowboys playing. Hell even with Ben I doubt they would even consider flexing it in. As for tonight, I'm not going to bet on it being a good game just yet. It should be, but Thursday night games almost always find a way to be tremendously boring.
    You mean it's a bad idea to ask guys to play on 4 days rest when they've never done so at any point in their career. Especially when you profess to be so concerned for player safety. Interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two weeks ago the bears vs seahawks game was going to be swapped with the cowboys and eagles game.

I still think it should. That will be a much better game than that shitfest.

10+ Year Old Account
    I said the exact same thing to myself earlier today when I checked. Since there's no more college football on Thursdays, and NFL will stop playing games on Thursdays soon, I wanted to know if there was football to be watched tonight. Turns out holy crap a good game.
    Two weeks ago the bears vs seahawks game was going to be swapped with the cowboys and eagles game.

I still think it should. That will be a much better game than that shitfest.
    Yeah, but at least for Cowboys fans, we get to watch a winnable game against an epic collapse. I still wish the Giants would go against their grain and keep failing, letting the Cowboys somehow get in the playoffs. Just for the laughs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Yeah, but at least for Cowboys fans, we get to watch a winnable game against an epic collapse. I still wish the Giants would go against their grain and keep failing, letting the Cowboys somehow get in the playoffs. Just for the laughs.
    You want them to keep Ryan, Garret, and the rest of that flunky crew? That could happen if they make the playoffs. If they go out and embarrass themselves for the rest of the season at least might clean house and get a GM (lol not gonna happen). Also, doesn't this just feel like a game that the Cowboys somehow blow? This is one they should win by 40, but I could absolutely see them finding a way to lose. God that team must be frustrating as shit to be a fan of.