10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Io LoneWolf oI View Post
    It'll be very interesting. Given the set up now won't the Vikings rematch the Packers in the Wild-card?
    Yup. And Seattle will play the NFC East champ.
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    Everyone is upset that Peterson didn't break the Yrd's record but I'm not upset at all I mean he didn't break the record and he had two more games then Dickerson did tell me again why it should have even been considered breaking a record after he couldn't do it two games ago.
    Peterson had less carries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone is upset that Peterson didn't break the Yrd's record but I'm not upset at all I mean he didn't break the record and he had two more games then Dickerson did tell me again why it should have even been considered breaking a record after he couldn't do it two games ago.
    I'm just glancing at Wikipedia, but I'm noticing Dickerson played in all 16 games. I also know that O.J Simpson is the only player to break 2000 yards in less than 16 games. I also know that in 1978, the league expanded to 16 games.

It's also 348 carries for AD vs 379 for Dickerson.
    Last edited by Irony; 2012-12-31 at 01:31 AM.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

[QUOTE=Pendulous;19638737]Yup. And Seattle will play the NFC East champ.

Well I am taking it that the Packers are going to beat Minnesota in the rematch. That kind of defeat tonight isn't going to go over well especially in a game that truly matters. Furthermore I will take the Redskins over the Cowboys. That game is going to be a lot more of a toss up. RG3 is a true competitor and with Alfred Morris behind him and Pierre Garcon in front of him I think the Skins have the edge. Though the Seahawks have more wins and Wilson is certainly a good quarterback I just don't know if the team is as good as their record shows. They should really be 10-6 (Packer-Gate). Though they beat my Patriots I can't see them beating the Redskins on a good day. The Texans are on a down hill slip - I'll take the Bengals and Andy Dalton's hot hand to AJ Green. As unlikely as it would seem I've got to take Luck and the Colts over the Ravens... that secondary is just getting sad. Although it'd be nice to see the Texans and Colts win just so Luck and Dual Manning in Round 2.

Both played 16 games.

Peterson's accomplishment is more impressive, IMO, because he came off of his serious injury. Nobody thought he'd be ready for the start of the season. He was significantly less than 100% for the first quarter of the season, and his injured leg is still not yet the same size as his uninjured leg.

And I suspected Peterson would come up JUST short after being pulled for the final drives in the last couple of Vikings wins. Lost at least 6 carries.

10+ Year Old Account
    And that's game. Tony Romo's having a bad game. Two picks in the first quarter. Hasn't led to points yet, but give it time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    And that's game. Tony Romo's having a bad game. Two picks in the first quarter. Hasn't led to points yet, but give it time.
    Ah, Romo being his old Romo-self. Not good.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Be patient. Redskins give up tons of passing yards. Romo may still put 35 points on the board this game.

Passing yards or not... Romo is notoriously bad when it comes to being a clutch playoff quarterback. 2 int's before the first quarter is even done means the cowboys are going to get handled. If not now it'll happen in a week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    Be patient. Redskins give up tons of passing yards. Romo may still put 35 points on the board this game.
    Well, RG3 looks a little weak out there too. But Dallas can't stop the run. So far it hasn't ended up with points, so it's still open. But mentally it could be hard to come back from that. Dallas has a bad habit of going down early and having to catch up.

---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 09:18 PM ----------

Wow, bad play-calling, bad officiating. That was way beyond the 'zero" on the play clock. Dallas shouldn't have that TD.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow umm... I'll take it but come on refs, If you missed that I'm worried to see what you may miss later... I mean it was like a second and a half after 0, but like I said I'll take it.

[QUOTE=Pendulous;19639307]Well, RG3 looks a little weak out there too. But Dallas can't stop the run. So far it hasn't ended up with points, so it's still open. But mentally it could be hard to come back from that. Dallas has a bad habit of going down early and having to catch up.[COLOR="red"]

That's been Dallas all season. Likewise Morris does a very good job of picking up the slack when RG3 is faltering in a game. I'll commend the Dallas defense and Romo for keeping the game tight despite that pair of INTS.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I was thinking of O.J earlier for some reason I had espn going on and they were talking about Dickerson. Also because of the era that we live in don't you have to wonder how A.Peterson is able to do what he has done with his injury just throwing it out there 20 years ago I wouldn't have even brought but it has to be mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Io LoneWolf oI View Post
    Passing yards or not... Romo is notoriously bad when it comes to being a clutch playoff quarterback. 2 int's before the first quarter is even done means the cowboys are going to get handled. If not now it'll happen in a week.
    He's lead the entire NFL with 5 4th quarter comebacks just this season alone. But ya... totally not clutch.

Alfred Morris is awesome.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Romo is one of the more clutch QB's in the league I think only Matt Ryan has more 4th quarter comebacks IIRC this year. Like I said before he just lives under a bigger microscope then the other QB's do just because of the team he plays for.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Man this game sucks. Only reason I'm still watching is to see if the Cowboys have any of that 4th quarter magic left but it's not looking good. Our D can't stop anything and our O can't do anything. If we end up losing, the bright side is my hair and fingernails will have a head start growing back.
    Last edited by Amsden; 2012-12-31 at 03:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    First penalty flag of the game comes in this late in the game. Impressive, I say.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ladies and gentlemen I give you "Big game Romo". My brother (Texans fan) called that pick. Ugh was looking like something positive was finally happening, man.

---------- Post added 2012-12-31 at 04:16 AM ----------

Fitting our season ends on an interception and a penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    He's lead the entire NFL with 5 4th quarter comebacks just this season alone. But ya... totally not clutch.
    He's not clutch when it matters. Which is, well, all that matters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, just how I wanted it to go down.