10+ Year Old Account
    Our nickel gets torn up. Trufant is old. Its what happened in the rams game, its what happened tonight.

Looks like Chris Clemons is out with an ACL. Bleh.
    Last edited by Vetali; 2013-01-07 at 02:32 AM.

Bruce Irvin also didn't play terrible in his absence. Who are the FA Ends right now? Can they pick someone up for the playoffs? Irvin is pretty bad at defending the run. They could bring back raheem brock for the rest of the year haha. Luis Castillo is also a FA still if i'm not mistaken.

I think the Seahawks could reach for a younger CB in the off-season. If we can do what we did tonight after the first quarter to ATL it will be a good game. It however is going too be pretty tough. Roddy White and Julio Jones are going to really be tough too cover especially with a guy like Gonzales that can still make some plays.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Novar View Post
    Bruce Irvin also didn't play terrible in his absence. Who are the FA Ends right now? Can they pick someone up for the playoffs? Irvin is pretty bad at defending the run. They could bring back raheem brock for the rest of the year haha. Luis Castillo is also a FA still if i'm not mistaken.

I think the Seahawks could reach for a younger CB in the off-season. If we can do what we did tonight after the first quarter to ATL it will be a good game. It however is going too be pretty tough. Roddy White and Julio Jones are going to really be tough too cover especially with a guy like Gonzales that can still make some plays.
    Bruce Irvin does good if you just say "destroy QBs." I'm sure they already know who to talk to though to fill his void. Just I have no clue.

I still say we draft Desmond Trufant. I think its alright that nickel gets torn up though if we keep 1 and 2 bottled like we do. I wish I could find a clip of Browner completely man handling Moss after a play was dead. Thats one guy I wouldn't want to pick a fight with hands down, no matter my physical shape.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    I'm going to disagree. I think to win in the NFL you have to have an identity and stick to it. You need to be very very good at at least one thing. Seattle has two things. They run the ball better than almost anyone else, and their defense is fantastic. Atlanta has no running game that can keep Seattle from dropping a ton of people back into coverage every down. They'll be able to cover Tony Gonzalez with a nickel corner or a safety pretty consistently, which is not the mismatch he thrives on.

The rules do lend themselves well to a passing offense in this day and age, but that's only if you have the personnel to run that kind of offense. If you don't, you need to build an offense that your personnel can run. You need to do it well. The Niners were two muffed punts away from the Super Bowl last year with friggin Alex Smith. Teams get into trouble when they try to run the flavor of the month schemes without players that actually have those skills. Teams that know who they are, what they can do, and do it efficiently and well. Those are the teams that succeed.
    I would say great teams have either a really good QB's or great QB's and the Falcon's have a really good QB and could be great who knows yet. Wilson just isn't there yet Seattle is like dead last in passing or 2nd to last can't remember yet. I mean they had to "streamline" his playbook which is a nice way of saying they had to dumb the shit down. IDK I think the Falcons are going to win the game and I picked the Redskins today and I think they would have won if RG3 didn't go down.

RG3 played until the last few minutes of the fourth.... obviously it didn't make a difference. Seattle's defense was absolutely shutting them down from quarter 2 to close. What did they do on offense after that TD catch by royster or w/e? nothing...

I honestly don't know what the outcome of this game is going to be, but I honestly don't think it's going to matter. If the Falcons win they wont beat the Packers or Niners, and if the hawks win you can bet that the pack or niners are going to be going full force while being at home. I honestly see the Pack going back to the super bowl. The way they played yesterday made it seem like everything was so effortless.

The Hawks are playing great but I honestly think for them to win the Super Bowl they need to have a true number 1 threat receiver and one more corner.

I don't think the Seahawks are going to go for a receiver or a corner in the first round either, they'll go for that nobody however for once that actually worked for them this year with Irvin, Wagner and Wilson. Carroll has a knack for finding good corners, so maybe he'll find a diamond in the rough.

Honestly my picks for next week are tough but.

Seattle over Atlanta, close game but the final score is going to be 24-17
    Green Bay over San Francisco, Green Bay is going to light them up through the air. 31-21

I have one upset pick

Baltimore over Denver, call me crazy but they played lights out this weekend, and I honestly feel like they could give that denver team a run for their money.
    28-21

New England over Houston, no matter what anyone says New England always gets it done in the playoffs. Boring team to watch, remind me of the early 2000 Spurs, but they can win and that is all that matters.
    28-13

Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    I would say great teams have either a really good QB's or great QB's and the Falcon's have a really good QB and could be great who knows yet. Wilson just isn't there yet Seattle is like dead last in passing or 2nd to last can't remember yet. I mean they had to "streamline" his playbook which is a nice way of saying they had to dumb the shit down. IDK I think the Falcons are going to win the game and I picked the Redskins today and I think they would have won if RG3 didn't go down.
    2 QBs:

QB1: 7.93 yards/attempt, 64.1% completion, 6.6% TD rate, 2.5% INT rate
    QB2: 7.5 yards/attempt, 63.0% completion, 5.3% TD rate, 1.3% INT rate

Pretty close right? The bottom one has less turnovers per pass attempt, while the top one is more accurate, gets more yards per pass and has more TDs per pass attempt, but you would do well with either QB. Well, the top one is Russell Wilson, and the bottom one is Tom Brady.

The only way you could say Seahawks are low in passing is if you go by yardage and yardage alone. Wilson had 3118 yards compared to Brady's 4827. But that's because Brady throws a lot more often. Wilson's yards per attempt is actually higher.

Anyway I'll do the next round:

Seahawks v. Falcons -- Seaaaaahaaaaawks.
    Texans v. Patriots -- Patriots. Should be closer than the first time, but the Texans could only beat the fucking Bengals by six. That Texans passing game can't get it done.
    Ravens v. Broncos -- Broncos. Ravens looked really good today. Even Flacco hit some tough throws. But Manning has that chip on his shoulder and I wouldn't bet against him.
    Packers vs. Niners -- This is gonna be the closest one. Rationally, I want to say Niners because they have showed up for every big game this year (Pats, Packers, Bears, Saints) and I know Harbaugh is going to motivate them to play their best again. But I have to say Packers because I want to see Packers/Seahawks.
    Last edited by Neazy; 2013-01-07 at 04:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wilson just isn't there yet Seattle is like dead last in passing or 2nd to last can't remember yet. I mean they had to "streamline" his playbook which is a nice way of saying they had to dumb the shit down. IDK I think the Falcons are going to win the game and I picked the Redskins today and I think they would have won if RG3 didn't go down.
    That's hogwash. They didn't have to "streamline" anything. The coaches kept him on a leash the first few games, and its easily apparent when they let him loose. Look at his stats and compare the first 5 or so to the last half. I think his last 8 or so games landed him 1st or 2nd ranking for that period. They even mentioned that today, how Bevell still has to remember that regardless of rookie status, he has to force himself to open the book and let Wilson just play; because he's more than earned it.

As already posted, yards are a silly thing to measure when the QB attempts so many less per game. They don't need to attempt 50 a game. The defense, running game, and Wilson throwing accurately and when needed are enough to get them the only stat that matters: the "W".
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2013-01-07 at 04:20 AM.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

10+ Year Old Account
    Picks for next week-

Seattle
    Packers (even though I want the 49ers to win)
    Patriots
    Baltimore
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    That's hogwash. They didn't have to "streamline" anything. The coaches kept him on a leash the first few games, and its easily apparent when they let him loose. Look at his stats and compare the first 5 or so to the last half. I think his last 8 or so games landed him 1st or 2nd ranking for that period. They even mentioned that today, how Bevell still has to remember that regardless of rookie status, he has to force himself to open the book and let Wilson just play; because he's more than earned it.

As already posted, yards are a silly thing to measure when the QB attempts so many less per game. They don't need to attempt 50 a game. The defense, running game, and Wilson throwing accurately and when needed are enough to get them the only stat that matters: the "W".
    Honestly zone read is pretty difficult to pull off. If you watch some of the plays that Bevell runs aside from zone read they are pretty complex.

Another thing is the receivers didn't know about Wilsons ability to scramble, so they ran their routes and expected the ball. Now their routes are much more extended. Thats just synergy you have to create over time with taking first team reps with your receivers which fyi Wilson was the only rookie from week one that split reps not only 2 ways, but 3 ways through offseason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Look at Wilsons playbook compared to Payton Mannings, Tom Brady's or Matt Ryan's its not even close on the complexity. He will get there like I said before he is still a rookie and on brains of the game hasn't even grasped it as fast as Luck has. You don't need to be amazing at Seattle anyways the team is so good and the Defense is top notch and they have the 2nd best RB in the game. The love for the Seachickens on this forum is getting sicking by the week thou bandwagonism at its finest.
    Last edited by Skarsguard; 2013-01-07 at 04:46 AM.

Look at Wilsons playbook compared to Payton Mannings, Tom Brady's or Matt Ryan's its not even close on the complexity.
    If the NFL was about how had more brainpower, The Amish Rifle (I refuse to call him by his name, bless his soul) would be a top contender every year.

I think it's stupid to be comparing a rookie playing well with one of the best teams in the league to well-established veterans, anyways. If Wilson is good enough to establish himself as the reason why their offense should be feared, and do that over a period of time, then I'll pay any kind of attention. Same goes for any rookie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    If the NFL was about how had more brainpower, The Amish Rifle (I refuse to call him by his name, bless his soul) would be a top contender every year.

I think it's stupid to be comparing a rookie playing well with one of the best teams in the league to well-established veterans, anyways. If Wilson is good enough to establish himself as the reason why their offense should be feared, and do that over a period of time, then I'll pay any kind of attention. Same goes for any rookie.
    I don't think teams fear Wilson I think they fear the seahawks Defense and there Running back more then anything.

I don't think teams fear Wilson I think they fear the seahawks Defense and there Running back more then anything.
    You know what other team had a great defense and a conservative offense?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001_Ne...atriots_season

And Wilson is better than 2001 Brady by virtually every metric, plus those Pats didn't have an RB like Lynch. People are on the Seahawks dick right now because they're fucking good. Like, historically good. It would be an upset if the Seahawks lost any time soon.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    3/4 on WC games

next week winners
    Denver
    New England
    Atlanta
    Green Bay

10+ Year Old Account
    they tailored the offense to his strengths? thats crazy who does that?

maybe Washington doesn't lose if they don't leave their gimpy QB in to limp around until he collapses

Seattle was 27th in passing yardage, 8th in TDs, 5th in QB Rating, 5th in fewest INT, 4th in Yards per attempt

are we seeing a pattern? a pattern where they have a passing game that ranks in the top 5 in efficiency

any other stats you can't remember yet?

as far as the bandwagon comment, I jumped on the Seahawks bandwagon as soon as they drafted Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by frunken View Post
    Seattle wins but is anyone really impressed by them this game? They still look very average on the road. A healthy RG3 would've made this a blowout.
    Yea, when RG3 wasnt hurt they were running rampant all over that defense. I came into the game thinking the Seahawks were a poor road team and after watching that I am frankly not impressed. Cant help but think it mightve gotten ugly had Griffin been able to stay healthy all game. He clearly wasnt the same on that play getting to the redzone even though he threw a TD a bit after, his speed and mobility was just gone which is such a dynamic part of his arsenal making him and that entire team easy to defend.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    So 3 rookie QBs entered the playoffs. One remains, and came back from a 0-14 deficit.

I don't think you can debate this at all anymore.
    Oh cmon you honestly cant be serious. One of the rookies got hurt and was playing great before he did and the other was playing Baltimore a team that was expected and is much better than they are. Everyone pretty much agrees Seattle is better in most all departments over those other teams except for... the quarterback. If you think Wilson is playing with less around him than Luck and RG3 you are kidding yourself.

For next week I feel pretty confident in saying New England and Denver will win. After that it gets a bit dicey. As of now Im leaning towards Atlanta and Green Bay, may change my mind as the week goes. I feel like Atlanta has been slept on all season, and I understand the reason but man, I almost feel bad for them lol. No respect at all. I could totally see them coming out and playing great to shut everyone up... yet I can see them playing like utter shit just like last year too.
    Last edited by Jibjabb; 2013-01-07 at 01:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    the Seahawks were the only road team to win this weekend, in fairness they had the most winnable matchup, but it doesn't make much sense to dump on them after they've won, and honestly they have the most winnable game next week too unless Atlanta finally puts it together

great matchups in the divisional round, looking forward to it, right now I feel like any team in the NFC stands a chance at winning the superbowl, but only two teams in the AFC, and I fully expect to see them playing each other in the AFC Championship, which sports media people should love since they get to do their whole Brady/Manning thing again and not have to think up a new angle to cover

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Novar View Post
    RG3 played until the last few minutes of the fourth.... obviously it didn't make a difference. Seattle's defense was absolutely shutting them down from quarter 2 to close. What did they do on offense after that TD catch by royster or w/e? nothing...
    Did you not watch the game? RG3 was wrecking the Hawks before the injury. Then when he got injured he couldn't run the ball himself and the Seahawks had a field day because they could just put a LB on the Morris shutting him down and not having to worry about the run at all. That meant that RG3 had to pass the ball from the pocket, something which he isn't good at. The real story is how the Seahawks used 40 minutes of gametime to catch a 2 TD lead, despite the Redskins barely moving the ball at all.

Oh and stop comparing Wilson to Brady/Manning. It's apples and oranges.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh neat, apparently thats the same field that Adrian Peterson blew up his knee on too. So at least 3 knees in a little over a year. Something has to be done about that pile of shit field.

So, I don't know when we all think Griffin got hurt, but that Washington offense couldn't muster half a shit after the first quarter. I thought Griffin looked fine until after the half. Clearly not 100% but not hobbled. The Seahawks also shut down Morris for pretty much the entire game. The dude was 5th in rushing during the regular season if I remember correctly. If the Hawks offense didn't come out flat, that game could have been a blow out. I don't know which game you folks were watching, but after the first quarter that one wasn't even close.

Here's why no one respects the Falcons: they have three wins over teams with winning records. Denver in week 2, the Redskins in week 5, and the Giants. Nobody thought the Giants or Skins were all that good this year, and they beat the Skins and Broncos before those teams completely meshed. That Denver game was also the one they almost choked away after Manning handed it to them with terrible interceptions to start. The Falcons have an awful defense and can't run the ball. They ranked 23rd in passing yards allowed despite only playing four games against decent quarterbacks. It doesn't matter if Seattle's run defense is a little gimped because the Falcons were 29th in rushing even though they played against a pu pu platter of the worst run defenses in the league. And I haven't even mentioned yet that I absolutely don't trust Matt Ryan in a playoff game until he does something to tell me that I should.

So I'm on the Seahawks here. I haven't really made up my mind on the other games yet. I'm almost positive that Denver and New England should win, just need to see if I can talk myself into an upset. I have no idea what to think about Frisco v GB yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Morris was 2nd only to Peterson