I was expecting Manning to win MVP and Peterson to win CPY since it's such a QB-centered award. Color me surprised, and happy - Peterson was more valuable to his team than any player in the NFL.

10+ Year Old Account
    it is a relief when they manage to not screw it up and avoid giving Manning another undeserved MVP

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    it is a relief when they manage to not screw it up and avoid giving Manning another undeserved MVP
    Peyton Manning has proved he is worth having the MVP, with Payton they go to the playoff's every year without him they get first pick in the draft. The Vikings don't get to the playoffs with or without AP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    Peyton Manning has proved he is worth having the MVP, with Payton they go to the playoff's every year without him they get first pick in the draft. The Vikings don't get to the playoffs with or without AP.
    Um, except the Vikings made the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post
    Look at their passing stats:

Player GS Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD INT Yds/Att
    Robert Griffin 15 258 393 65.6 3,200 20 5 8.1
    Russell Wilson 16 252 393 64.1 3,118 26 10 7.9

There's no argument you can make for Wilson. Griffin's are better in every category except TDs and he even had 1 less game to get those numbers in because he was injured. Factor in that Wilson had a lot more help with the receivers and his defense and it's pretty clear that Griffin deserved it.
    in a pistol offense...You and I could run a pistol offense. Any of the three rookie QBs deserved it however imo it should have been wilson simply due to the fact that he won a game in the playoffs but sadly that doesnt matter for these awards.

Also RG3s stats are BARELY better than wilsons. Not enough to solidify your opinion on the topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    as stated, the Vikings did make the playoffs, and the Broncos made the playoffs a year ago with Tebow instead of Manning

the RG3 stats are not enough to put him ahead of Wilson, they're pretty darn similar

well one of those QBs started and won 11 games and the other won 9, but it was pretty great when RG3 had that last minute TD, ran in the 2 point conversion, and then took the team down the field to win in overtime against an eventual super bowl team, wait, no that was Kirk Cousins, sorry my mistake
    Last edited by draynay; 2013-02-03 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by valliant13 View Post
    in a pistol offense...You and I could run a pistol offense. Any of the three rookie QBs deserved it however imo it should have been wilson simply due to the fact that he won a game in the playoffs but sadly that doesnt matter for these awards.

Also RG3s stats are BARELY better than wilsons. Not enough to solidify your opinion on the topic.
    I'll steer clear of the offense comments cuz... ya. But I dont see how his stats are barely better, it gets to be significant since almost every aspect RG3 was better in. Its not a give or take situation where they traded off on who was better in what.

QBR: RG3
    PCT: RG3
    YDS: RG3
    Y/A: RG3
    TD: Wilson
    INT: RG3
    Rush YDS: RG3
    Rush TD: RG3

I also dont think there is a person in the world that watches the NFL who would honestly take the Redskins team (minus Griffin) over a Seattle team (minus Wilson). Seattle was one of the on the rise teams even when people thought Flynn was going to be the starter. Seattle is better in almost all aspects than Washington other than perhaps Receiver (not counting QB) and even thats debatable.

As for the playoffs mattering thats absurd. First off, thats more of a team accomplishment than an individual one when these are awards to individuals. Team success is only a factor, not the end all debate. Second off, RG3 was killing Seattle before he got injured, its not like its his fault they lost. Thirdly, by that logic Peterson shouldnt be the MVP cause his team got out in the first round.

Deleted
    Wilson had a much better supporting cast than RG3. And RG3 played better throughout the year than Wilson and that's what the "MVP" award is about. Otherwise we could just nominate Tom Brady for MVP every year because he loses so few games in December/January.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    as stated, the Vikings did make the playoffs, and the Broncos made the playoffs a year ago with Tebow instead of Manning

the RG3 stats are not enough to put him ahead of Wilson, they're pretty darn similar

well one of those QBs started and won 11 games and the other won 9, but it was pretty great when RG3 had that last minute TD, ran in the 2 point conversion, and then took the team down the field to win in overtime against an eventual super bowl team, wait, no that was Kirk Cousins, sorry my mistake
    Yeah I forgot they made the playoffs because they got beat in the wild card game that I didn't watch. Payton Manning didn't play last year for colts and we see how that turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by valliant13 View Post

Barely better, yes, but Griffin did it in 15 games and had a worse supporting cast. If Wilson had better numbers in some areas you would have an argument, but when literally NONE of Wilson's stats (except TDs) are better there's no argument. Griffin did more, in less games, with worse teammates.

As far as I see it, Griffin was more valuable to his team than Wilson was to his. There's no denying similar situations on offense, though - both had incredible running backs, decent offensive lines and no standouts at the receiver position. Seattle had a superior defense though, and they made enough plays to give Wilson & Co. more opportunities.

I love looking at some of these prop bets for the Super Bowl. If had money to blow I'd totally throw down on some of these

Who will the MVP thank 1st? (God, Teammates, Coach, Family, Owner, or Nobody)
    Will the Harbaugh brothers handshake last over or under 6 seconds?
    What will be higher today, Kobe Bryant's points or Randy Moss receiving yards?
    Will Ray Lewis have more tackles/assists this game than in his previous Super Bowl appearance? (He had 5 in the previous)
    Who will be shown 1st? (John, Jim, or a split screen of both)
    If Obama makes a prediction on the game who will he chose?
    Will Beyonce be showing cleavage when she performs her first song?

Vegas how I love you.

For shits:
    God thanked first
    Under 6 seconds on handshake
    Randy Moss more than Kobe
    Yes Ray will have more this game
    Jim shown first
    Obama picks Baltimore
    No cleavage
    Last edited by Jibjabb; 2013-02-03 at 04:25 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ravens 20 - 49ers 17

Don't think I've done this here yet so there's my prediction.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...franchise-tag/

I just puked a little in my mouth.

10+ Year Old Account
    kk almost kick off. My prediction is a Niner's win, 28 - 24.

Mostly hoping Randy Moss gets a ring at the end of his career. I always felt bad for him not getting one after that phenomenal 2007 season when he deserved one (as did the whole Patriots team).

10+ Year Old Account
    2 possessions and no commercials?! this must be a record of some sort.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    2 possessions and no commercials?! this must be a record of some sort.
    Ya I have no idea what is going on. How was there no commercials after the punt? Oh well here we go after the Q TD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Ya I have no idea what is going on. How was there no commercials after the punt? Oh well here we go after the Q TD.
    I'm too used to looking at the computer during commercials. So I'm not even paying attention to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    CBS is streaming the game by the way for those that didn't know. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/superbowl/live/player

No idea yet if they play commercials.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    CBS is streaming the game by the way for those that didn't know. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/superbowl/live/player

No idea yet if they play commercials.
    Nice, good quality. Better than my capture card.