10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MC ALPACA FLAYME View Post
    Yeah, maybe back in 2004 when they were really just a glorified internet startup with "organization" slapped on. Not the case now.

Anyways, I think The Ravens brass is in a bad situation. They've got three players who contributed greatly to their superbowl win, all three will likely demand more money, and all three could be difficult to replace. I'm genuinely interested to see what pans out.
    I thought they would be in a good place going into next year: Lewis (retirement) and Reed (FA) are both coming off the books and the cap was supposed to get a significant boost because of the new TV deal ... but I just recently read that they are supposedly over the cap for next year? O.o

If that's true, that would seriously depress me. Depending now how far over the cap they are, you could see some serious changes to this roster. (some good)

Free Agents

- CB Cary Williams - definitely not bringing him back. Already have Webb, Graham, Chykie Brown and Jimmy Smith on the books for next year.

- LB Dannell Ellerbe - probably can't afford to bring him back. Huge depth loss there.

- OLB Paul Kruger - pass rusher. I would LOVE to keep this guy but I don't see any way they can pay him. Also, with Upshaw already on the roster, I doubt you see the Ravens try.

- LT Bryant McKinnie - Didn't play all season but was the starter throughout the playoffs. Played great, but does he have the heart to actually play a full season? Also, Highly doubt he'd come back on the cheap.

- DT Ma'ake Kemoeatu - good, but not great. Still a huge loss though because of all the problems the Dline had this year and I don't think the team has the cap space to replace him. Ngata was injured pretty much the entire season, it finally caught up to him near the end of that game (Super Bowl) and the entire world saw what this Dline looks like without him. Not sure how much more of a beating Ngata can take if they don't find someone to help him on the Dline.

Question Marks

- C Matt Birk - think he's under contract for next season, but I wouldn't be surprised if he retires. Seemed like he was leaning that way last year before the Ravens starting talking about bringing him back. Center is definitely a place the team needs to upgrade but I can see team sticking with Birk because they can't afford to replace him.

- WR Boldin/Jones - There's already been speculation that the team could cut one or both of these guys to save money. Both would be huge losses to the offense. Boldin is in the last year of his deal ... I could see them reworking his deal. Giving him an extension to spread out his cap hit. If Jones gets cut, I don't see him coming back. Someone is going to offer him a lot of money.

- FB Vonta Leach - Absolutely love this guy, but with the team moving more to a throwing game vs. running the ball, you have to wonder if they're going to keep a $3 Mil. fullback.

As of now, that leaves big holes at MLB, S, LT, DT, and LB depth.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MC ALPACA FLAYME View Post
    Didn't you hear? He's the second-best receiver in league, right behind Randy Moss.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Flacco believes it, his agent believes it
    and nobody would make that trade because Flacco is a FA
    The Ravens would be happy to franchise tag him for such a trade.

I don't think there's any way Flacco genuinely believes he's a better QB than Rodgers.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    The Ravens would be happy to franchise tag him for such a trade.

I don't think there's any way Flacco genuinely believes he's a better QB than Rodgers.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...k-in-football/

And that was before this year. Now? He probably thinks he's the Jesus Christ of quarterbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post

And that was before this year. Now? He probably thinks he's the Jesus Christ of quarterbacks.
    Look at the context though - he specifically says that he assumes everyone thinks they're top five. I guess we could infer that he's so arrogant that he assumes everyone must be just as arrogant, but that's not what I get out of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Flacco's Ass
    “I assume everybody thinks they’re a top-five quarterback,” Flacco told WNST in Baltimore, via SportsRadioInterviews.com. “I mean, I think I’m the best. I don’t think I’m top five, I think I’m the best."
    /10chararcters

Sounds like a guy just talking to hear himself talk as much as anything.

Maybe I'm wrong though. I mean, it is right there in print, I'm not inclined to spend too much energy saying he didn't mean what he said.

Well statistically speaking, for the playoffs at least, he certainly outplayed the other QB's he faced in the playoffs. That's a lot of leverage when wanting to get more money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post

People have really got to stop linking that story.

1. If anyone ever bothered to look into it, they'd notice that the "source" of those comments was from an interview with WNST. That's basically the low-budget, Baltimore version of a 24-hour Skip Bayless sports station. You might as well use TMZ as your only source for world political news. The only thing I fault Flacco with here is the fact he even bothered answering the phone, no less doing an on-air interview with them.

2. Stories that use quotes from that interview always seem to leave out the other 95% of his comments. He wasn't saying, "Yes, I think I'm the greatest QB in the game today." He was saying, "Yes, I think I'm a great QB. Why wouldn't I? You have to think that way with this job. Would you honestly want a guy with no confidence. Who thought he was 'only' the 27th best QB in the league?"

Without a doubt. What do you expect me to say? … I assume everybody thinks they’re a top-five quarterback. I mean, I think I’m the best. I don’t think I’m top five, I think I’m the best. I don’t think I’d be very successful at my job if I didn’t feel that way. I mean, c’mon? That’s not really too tough of a question. But that doesn’t mean that things are gonna work out that way. It just means that that’s the way it is, that’s the way I feel it is, and that’s the way I feel it should be.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would want my QB to think he is the best QB in the league I mean I wouldn't want the leader of my team and the person who touches the ball 100 percent of the time to doubt himself worthy of the position. I like his "swagger" because he isn't loud about it like T.O or Randy Moss as of late he is just like yeah I think I'm the best QB so what.

I don't know why you guys are defending Flacco so hard. I was merely pointing out what he said.

Not that you need to defend him. He said he's the best, and IMO he proved it in these playoffs. I say congrats to him. The only reason I pointed it out is because when he made those comments no one in the world agreed with him.
    Last edited by Neazy; 2013-02-06 at 01:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a feeling this would happen

Payton was talking about moving the Saints to a 3-4, and Rob Ryan is out there, rumor is the Saints are on the verge of hiring him

Good move. Ryans know defense, Saints need a defense.

I think the Saints go back to the top of the NFC with this move and getting their coach back. Next year it's gonna be Seahawks, Packers, Saints, and Redskins (if RG3 stays healthy) competing for the top spots and the 9ers, Giants, Bears and Falcons should all be right behind them. Talk about a stacked fucking conference.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know that going 4-3 to 3-4 will be a one year turnaround fix, they don't really have personnel in place for it to work, there are plenty of LBs but they're injury prone and most of them are experienced in 4-3, there is good depth at DT but is there somebody that can be a difference maker at the position? I think Cam Jordan could transition to 3-4 DE without trouble since he is already a good all-around DE with size, but then who is the outside pass-rushing LB? the Saints don't have anybody that fits the bill, maybe they can find somebody in the middle of the 1st round but the Chargers have been trying that for the past few years and keep coming up empty, a lot of things would have to go right for a 3-4 transition to work, a lot of new players would have to come in and contribute, or older players would have to make the change, maybe Roman Harper will put on 30lbs and play LB haha at least blitzing is one thing he can do well...

10+ Year Old Account
    If the Saints move to a 3-4 then I see them drafting someone like Dion Jordan in the first round, a pass rushing OLB in a 3-4, or a DE in a 4-3.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

I don't think it's gonna be a quick fix. I still see the Saints having a below average defense. But even below average would be enough to win them an extra 3-4 games. Their defense gave up the most yards in the history of the NFL this season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jag's have an updated logo anyways they need a new updated team

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2013/0205...go_gb1_600.jpg

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HAcoreRD View Post
    I can't even be upset over the loss. The 49ers didn't play like they wanted the win until the power outage.

The final drive is what irked me. 4 passes.

I wanted them to line up 3 receivers and have all 3 block and have Colin sprint to the edge. I mean, he's a dual threat qb, make him use them legs!
    Yeah that confused me as well. After the power outage the 49ers were killing them on the ground and not one run attempt on those last 4 plays. After that it was pretty much game over.

10+ Year Old Account