Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    don't be forgetting Brees already, he's got a ring and the Saints have nothing without him

as far as Roethlisberger you'd like to see him miss fewer games but at least he hasn't raped anybody lately
    that we know of, give it time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    don't be forgetting Brees already, he's got a ring and the Saints have nothing without him

as far as Roethlisberger you'd like to see him miss fewer games but at least he hasn't raped anybody lately
    Yeah, forgot Brees, definitely close to on that list. Him and Eli are almost a tie to me regardless of ringz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Yeah, forgot Brees, definitely close to on that list. Him and Eli are almost a tie to me regardless of ringz.
    Disregarding rings, Brees is far above Eli.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Disregarding rings, Brees is far above Eli.
    They seemed to make the same mistakes all this season. They were both pretty sloppy unlike what I remember of last year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Yeah this was mostly what I had on my mind. I thought post season succes counted for much more then regular season stats. It's nice and all that you can throw for 5000 yards in a season, but if you don't make the playoffs or do anything significant in them, then I don't think you should get paid the same (or more!) as the Superbowl MVP, who delivered exactly when his team needed him to step up. That kind of performance is what you pay 20M a year for.

( *looks at Vetali's avatar* ALL HAIL HYPNOCAT )
    I agree with this. I don't care what kind of crazy numbers a QB can put up when it doesn't matter, it doesn't mean anything if he can't get you thru the playoffs ... or even into the playoffs.

- Ryan puts up huge numbers, but he does it in a dome and is pretty much a guaranteed one-and-done in the playoffs.

- Stafford puts up big numbers, but his team has yet to even make it to the playoffs. Also, it's worth noting that his number of TD's dropped significantly when those TD's weren't going to Calvin Johnson.

- Not sure of your guys' opinion on Romo, but personally, I put him in the same boat as these guys. He puts up big numbers, but can never win a big game ... and he has the same number of playoff wins in his career as Flacco had during his rookie season.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

They seemed to make the same mistakes all this season. They were both pretty sloppy unlike what I remember of last year.
    It was kind of a down year for Brees but the fact that we're calling 43 TDs to 19 INTs with 5200 yards and a 63% completion percentage a "down year" is insane. Eli has never even had 63% completion for a whole season in his entire career. I think Brees is lightyears ahead of Eli, and when he's on his game he's better than Peyton too, although Peyton has been more consistent year in and year out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post
    It was kind of a down year for Brees but the fact that we're calling 43 TDs to 19 INTs with 5200 yards and a 63% completion percentage a "down year" is insane. Eli has never even had 63% completion for a whole season in his entire career. I think Brees is lightyears ahead of Eli, and when he's on his game he's better than Peyton too, although Peyton has been more consistent year in and year out.
    I distinctly remember watching several saints games where Brees was just chucking it and getting interceptions. I guess we can't really blame him too much considering his coach was MIA that year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Romo is the wild card. We've been over this before.
    Yeah, read an article about Favre saying Romo got forced into making bad decisions sometimes by his team, but that's basically one gunslinger saying the other gunslinger isn't too bad. Can't say I have an opinion either way about Romo. If you put a gun to my head and made me choose between Romo or Ryan for my franchise, I'd probably pick Romo, I think.

The thing that will shock a lot of people is when Luck, RG3, Wilson, and Kaepernick get paid. Especially if they improve upon their rookie years. Well, first 1/2 starter year for Kaepernick.
    Well let's see what they do first, teams will have gotten tape on them now and plenty of time to prepare specifc tactics to pressure their weak points, so this second year will show us if they can overcome being specifically gameplanned against.

Good thing for them is that they have Cam Newton getting a contract the year before them, so that should give some indication of what those other guys will get.

On a side note, apparently Hernandez had shoulder surgery in the off season as well, meaning all the significant players in the Pat's recieving corps are either hurt or new on the team. >.<
    Last edited by xskarma; 2013-04-16 at 02:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbren View Post
    - Stafford puts up big numbers, but his team has yet to even make it to the playoffs. Also, it's worth noting that his number of TD's dropped significantly when those TD's weren't going to Calvin Johnson.
    they made it, then went to New Orleans and got destroyed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Yeah, read an article about Favre saying Romo got forced into making bad decisions sometimes by his team, but that's basically one gunslinger saying the other gunslinger isn't too bad. Can't say I have an opinion either way about Romo. If you put a gun to my head and made me choose between Romo or Ryan for my franchise, I'd probably pick Romo, I think.

Well let's see what they do first, teams will have gotten tape on them now and plenty of time to prepare specifc tactics to pressure their weak points, so this second year will show us if they can overcome being specifically gameplanned against.

Good thing for them is that they have Cam Newton getting a contract the year before them, so that should give some indication of what those other guys will get.

On a side note, apparently Hernandez had shoulder surgery in the off season as well, meaning all the significant players in the Pat's recieving corps are either hurt or new on the team. >.<
    Yeah, the gunslinger to gunslinger comment is very accurate. And yeah, I would pick Romo over Ryan for my franchise.

Protip on these read option systems, NOBODY has a as good as a receiving AND run game as Seattle that runs it right now. Rice, Harvin, Tate, Baldwin, Miller, Lynch+Mike Rob, and Wilson. We signed that one former basketball player for TE, and I expect us to draft another TE. McCoy isn't good honestly. That will give Wilson even more depth for those hot reads that absolutely tore up Washington and Atlanta.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like both Romo and Ryan they are really good QB's with really good weapons. I would probably take Ryan as my franchise QB though just because he is younger and doesn't take as many risk as Romo does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pat Summerall dead at 82

I didn't even realize he was that old. He only stopped doing games ten years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Pat Summerall dead at 82

I didn't even realize he was that old. He only stopped doing games ten years ago.

wow, truly sad to see he's gone. That's like a huge memory of a lot of people's childhoods right there. He was actually in tons of big games of olden times, i think he kicked a major field goal in the Baltimore Colts vs NY Giants in the old NFL championship.

edit: ok i was wrong kicked a big field goal that essentially got the Giants into the game against the colts. It was like a 49 yarder, straight on in the snow and ice and wind vs the Cleveland browns who were VERY good in that Era. Very impressive.
    Last edited by Logonov; 2013-04-16 at 11:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

10+ Year Old Account
    Pat Summerall went to the U of Arkansas in the 50's great man I wish his family well.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    So since it's that April lull before the draft I'm curious who you want your favorite team to get in the first round.

My team is the Cowboys and I would be happy with Cooper/Warmack, Fluker, Richardson, or Vaccaro/Cyprien. Pretty sure 1 or 2 of those guys will be there at 18. I know Cyprien is a reach there but if the other 5 guys are gone we could trade back a few spots and still get him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saints need is OLB and LT

There are tons of pass rushers and the 3 good LTs should be off the board well before 15, so either the Saints trade up and grab a tackle, stay put and take the best pass rusher, or do something weird like take a receiver or Kenny Vaccaro.

There's going to be a few teams looking to move into the 6-10 range to grab Lane Johnson or whomever else desireable slips through the top 5 and I doubt the Saints will fight their way in. A lot of mock draft folks have the Saints taking somebody for the D-Line which seems stupid to me, they have a lot of guys that can fill the role, what they lack is an outside rusher, and I'd be happy to have somebody like Barkevious Mingo or Jarvis Jones to supplement the position. Some peg the Saints to take Vaccaro which I don't like because I'm pretty sure Roman Harper's contract is mostly dead money making it unlikely to cut him, and if they were gonna restructure they would've done it by now.

It's possible teams will want to move up to 15, and if Mingo isn't there and the Saints don't like the value of Jones there, they might move back, so my guess is they sit back and see how things play out, but there are probably 15 players that would help improve the team and one of them should be there, I just hope its not another D-Lineman.

Broncos need a RB who doesn't get injured every other week and isn't 180 pounds.

Aside from that a little help in the secondary wouldn't be bad, but aside from the Ravens game they've been pretty great at protecting against the pass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    So since it's that April lull before the draft I'm curious who you want your favorite team to get in the first round.

My team is the Cowboys and I would be happy with Cooper/Warmack, Fluker, Richardson, or Vaccaro/Cyprien. Pretty sure 1 or 2 of those guys will be there at 18. I know Cyprien is a reach there but if the other 5 guys are gone we could trade back a few spots and still get him.
    Well, being from Alabama, you know I'd love to see Fluker.

I don't know much about draft prospects this year though. I just know we need an o-line. It's weird. ESPN hasn't been talking much about the draft yet, and it's only a few days away.

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as Seahawks go, Tight End or some SEC mutant OLineman if Belichick hasn't sucked up all the Tight Ends by the second round. Oh, maybe Linebacker.
    Last edited by Vetali; 2013-04-17 at 07:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the Falcons will go after DJ Hayden or Johnathan Banks IDK they need a CB bad. If they don't go the CB route they could get a DE like Bjoern Werner from FSU but I hope they go the CB route.