Deleted

O.M.G.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seahawks place Harvin and Scruggs on PUP. Scruggs is interesting, in OTAs it sounded like he'd be out for the year. Would be great to have him back at the end of the year. Clemons wasn't put on the PUP list. Thats also very interesting.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why was Aaron Curry a bust? Did he just not work hard enough? Guy looked looked like he had all the physical qualities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Why was Aaron Curry a bust? Did he just not work hard enough? Guy looked looked like he had all the physical qualities.
    Couldn't read plays, pretty much. Stuttered a lot. Almost looked like he didn't know what to do half the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    that was an interesting watch, he did a good job taking on blockers from time to time but I saw plenty TEs and RBs blocking him no problem too
    in pass coverage that was just miserable to watch, aside from Manning throwing one to him at the end and it deflecting off his waiting hands he didn't do anything
    he was ok on the run but a lot of missed open field tackles too
    and I'm not sure I saw a single QB pressure

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Tebow survives the cuts and makes the Pats roster.

So, nothing important happened.
    The Pats need a 3rd string QB to eat up some/most of the snaps in the 4th preseason game aka the last game of Tebow's professional career. Brady won't play and they won't want to expose Mallet to much injury chance.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacebot View Post

O.M.G.

Funny how one player's greed turned a division around. If manning took SF offer then Kap never sees the field and this commercial never happens.
    You cared enough to post.

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    Funny how one player's greed turned a division around. If manning took SF offer then Kap never sees the field and this commercial never happens.
    Greed? Manning was getting basically the same money wherever he went. I think Elway sweet talked him into Denver.

Also, I think Tebow stays with the team. I don't think he'll ever play in an actual game outside of special teams, maybe. You can use in him in practice to game plan for the more mobile quarterbacks. You can also line him up in the backfield for short yardage plays if you get really crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    Tebow ... You can use in him in practice to game plan for the more mobile quarterbacks.
    I'd rather use an actual QB or an actual fast guy, not a guy that's almost a QB and sort of not that slow...

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I'd rather use an actual QB or an actual fast guy, not a guy that's almost a QB and sort of not that slow...
    I'd have to imagine there was a reason New England signed him. That's a well run organization. They don't really do shit for the headlines or for the hell of it. Maybe I'm just giving them too much credit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seattle was interested in Manning as well. Pete flew to Denver while he was working out with the Broncos. Either way, Peyton would've never of took up an offer from a NFC team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Either way, Peyton would've never of took up an offer from a NFC team.
    Huh? why not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Huh? why not?
    Having to play your brother in the playoffs would suck more than having to play him in the super bowl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Having to play your brother in the playoffs would suck more than having to play him in the super bowl.
    Hmm, that's a valid concern I guess, didn't think about that one.

Are you talking about Manning or Kap being greedy? I'm confused either way. Manning wanted a good team to play on that could realistically win the superbowl before he retires. He's a great QB and a good leader so I can't blame him. And all Kap did was be in the right place at the right time, it's not like he personally kicked Alex Smith out of the position and it seems the two of them made the best of the situation.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    Are you talking about Manning or Kap being greedy? I'm confused either way. Manning wanted a good team to play on that could realistically win the superbowl before he retires. He's a great QB and a good leader so I can't blame him. And all Kap did was be in the right place at the right time, it's not like he personally kicked Alex Smith out of the position and it seems the two of them made the best of the situation.

SF was offering around 60mil and far less control of the offense and the 9ers were coming off a 13-3 season with smith at qb. going into the 2012 season denver had the 2nd hardest schedule in football.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...th-of-schedule

on paper SF offered a better team and easier path to the SB compared to denver but SF was not willing to over pay and change their offense. So if he realistically wanted to win then SF was the clear choice.

Greed? Manning was getting basically the same money wherever he went. I think Elway sweet talked him into Denver.

Also, I think Tebow stays with the team. I don't think he'll ever play in an actual game outside of special teams, maybe. You can use in him in practice to game plan for the more mobile quarterbacks. You can also line him up in the backfield for short yardage plays if you get really crazy.
    Elway gave him the most and control over the offense.
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...before-arrest/

Wow, some more serious fucking dirt not only on Hernandez, but Florida and Urban Meyer.

SF was offering around 60mil and far less control of the offense and the 9ers were coming off a 13-3 season with smith at qb. going into the 2012 season denver had the 2nd hardest schedule in football.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...th-of-schedule

on paper SF offered a better team and easier path to the SB compared to denver but SF was not willing to over pay and change their offense. So if he realistically wanted to win then SF was the clear choice.
    SF is NFC. Peyton did not want to play for an NFC team because of his brother, and I'm pretty sure he wasn't bullshitting about that.

So we're just glossing over the fact that he wanted to make sure he was in a system where he would be successful? Ok, that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacebot View Post

O.M.G.
    Id like that commercial a lot more if it wasnt focused on a game that hasnt really updated its gameplay since 2005. I wouldnt be surprised at all if they put more effort into marketing that franchise than what it actually takes to make it.