Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Your hunter ideas

Hello.

I would like to post my ideas about some abilities or mechanics, that could help hunters, improve their gameplay and make it more fun. So, here we go:

1) Venoms
    As a hunter, the most annyoing thing is, that our class is the only one, which doesn't have any great mechanic for some spells/skills. Example - wotlk chimera shot disarm (now removed from the game) - u need to waste 1 gcd for scorpid sting, and then use chimera to disarm your target (or at least 'attempt' to). Another example - current patch healing red. venom, u need to use it as another skill, when spriest, warriors and some other classes apply it with damaging (or other) utility.

Idea: Venoms applied on arrows/bullets
    Yes, it should work the same as Rogue's poisons, except that hunter doesn't have 2 bows/guns/xbows , so only one active venom. Some examples - widow venom (reduced healing), scorpid venom (attempts to disarm target), menstruation venom (increasing bleed effect)

2) Pet as mount
    The idea is not new, but it's not bad to mention it - basically, hunter should be able to use some pet families as mounts (wolves, cats, raptors etc) at certain level, and of course there should be some disadvantage of this, so it wouldn't be much OP. Imagine riding some of ur useless, but good-looking pets as mounts!

3) Hunter's defensive abilities
    Yep, that's what we all know about - hunter's lack of defensive abilities. Deterrence is the only one we have atm. I'm not talking about bugged Roar of Sacrifice or intervene. I'm talking about serious abilities

Example: Master's call - Pet starts to defend his master removing all movement imparing effects for 4 sec and redirecting XXXX dmg to pet (working like shield/absorb) - or another version - Pet starts to defend his master removing all movement imparing effects for 4 sec and taking 30%/50% of damage taken by his master for 5/10 sec

I just posted some ideas, no straight samples of numbers, no cooldowns and debuffs, just clear ideas, so don't accuse me of retarded numbers or OP'ness of these abilities.
    I will try to post more of my ideas, when back home - meanwhile i would like to see some of your feelings about hunter skills, and how should they look,

Cheers!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnosh View Post
    menstruation venom (increasing bleed effect)
    This. I want it.

On topic, it seems like a good suggestion. To be able to apply some sort of poison/venom to your weapons/arrows seems huntery!

Deleted

made my day

Deleted
    menstruation venom.... rofl that one is awsome ill admidt that^^

*equip serius face* your venom idea is baaad. BAD! why do all classes have to be alike? this is the dirrect opposit of what blizzard say they want too so would never happen.

as for riding pets.... i like the idea to some extend but just imagin the QQ from other classes...

and we got enough defensive Cooldowns as it is. we got a 30% dmg reducer, a remove snare, a jump bk from melee, a reflect all stuff thrown at you and soon to come a anti ranged sheild with build in stealth. what more could you want?!

Deleted
    Ok, despite the pet = mount idea, you'r not changing any mechanic or make stuff more interesting. What you suggest is adding stuff to existing abilities to make them more powerfull. This is not gonna work.

Venoms: I dont wanna be a rogue. Don't think this gives our class any more depth. And your version of scorpid venom is way to powerfull. You want disarm? there are pets that do it. You want increased bleeding effects, get a hyena. It's all there.

Defence: We have deterrence. And we have a lot of active defence abilities. I think they are way more fun and interesting than a one button shield. We got Disengange, we got scatter, we got ice and frost traps, we have intimidation, silence, concussive barrage and concussion shot. And we got our pets. There is lots of stuff we can do.

Sure there are lots of problems with hunters in pvp, but they mostly regard to focus, missing fox and such things.

Petmounts: Well I like this idea, always liked it. But I guess, this will make the hunter class more attractive than any other class. They won't implement that.

Yep, that's what we all know about - hunter's lack of defensive abilities.
    Uh...

Bestial Wrath
    Master's Call
    Disengage
    Deterrence
    Scatter Shot
    Silencing Shot
    Concussive Shot
    Feign Death
    Freezing Trap
    Scare Beast
    Intimidation
    Wing Clip
    Tranquilizing Shot

If you don't see any of these as defensive abilities, you're doing it wrong.

Deleted
    About venoms - it wouldn't be the same, as you see some of mechanics are same from the beginning, poisons/shaman enchants, they are just temporary enchants, so if the idea would happen, rogues can't apply venoms on their ranged slot, we can't apply poisons on our melee weapons.

Defensive abilities - Hunters are most average class in the game now: average armor, average dmg, average cc, and we are easy targets because of that, im not saying it's bad, i like it cause it makes me to plan my moves and combine some abilities to survive. But i feel that these are not so good as it should be. Of course camouflage will be a great improvement and will close that gap much more, but i think hunter needs some serious, typical defensive ability.

Quote Originally Posted by microtonal View Post
    Uh...

Bestial Wrath
    Master's Call
    Disengage
    Deterrence
    Scatter Shot
    Silencing Shot
    Concussive Shot
    Feign Death
    Freezing Trap
    Scare Beast
    Intimidation
    Wing Clip
    Tranquilizing Shot

If you don't see any of these as defensive abilities, you're doing it wrong.
    I'm talking about one more STRONG defensive ability like deterrence, not situational abilities, if u look at the recent changes, other classes got many spells to get in range with ranged classes, you just took some situational abilities and put them in line
    Last edited by mmoc1d518efdf8; 2010-11-02 at 03:27 PM.

Other Skills I think would add some utility and make a hunter more appealing to people would be:
    Trap Launcher- If targeting an enemy, launches trap at the enemy instantly procing its effect
    * * * * * * * * * * * * *If targeting a friendly, launches trap at the feet of the target.
    * * * * * * * * * * * * *If no target is active, launches trap where desired (current use).
    Rejuvenating Shot- This glyph accumulates your auto-shot damage, once your auto-shot *damage equals the amount of health your pet’s maximum life is, your pet comes back to life. (This is to balance the effect of decreased survivability once your pet has died, still making it worth while to kill the pet, but not completely ending the game.)
    Power Shot- Utility shot, knock back your enemy 10 yards.
    Eye Gouge- Melee Attack, Turns the enemy around in pain, disarm for 5 seconds, reduce speed for 5 seconds.
    Those are mainly PVP skills I would like to see, not overpowered by any means considering they are already used by other classes.
    PvE can just be balanced and rotated, the skills needed for PvE are there, there are not generally defensive fights that require LOTS defencive cool-downs.

I have to admit, I lol'd pretty hard about the menstruation venom.

I'm talking about one more STRONG defensive ability like deterrence, not situational abilities, if u look at the recent changes, other classes got many spells to get in range with ranged classes, you just took some situational abilities and put them in line
    Uhhhhhhhh.

Our defensive abilities are designed for us to get distance between ourselves and our target. Paladins have their strong CD, bubble. Mages have their Iceblock. DKs have AMS.

While I feel Deterrence should be stronger, it's not our only defense.

10+ Year Old Account
    You sir made my day!

Deleted
    If pet mounts are too cool, i thought about another ability - when you are at 20% health, you can use skill called Rescued nature - pet takes his master on his back and u have 5 sec to choose location far up to 42 yards, where your pet will jump (like feral cat), the effect is cancelled after 5 sec, or after your pet is dead (when you use the skill, you are immune to dmg until you cancel it/you jump/pet is dead.

I also like the ideas of Power Shot and Eye Gouge, mentioned above by Swiftdeus

We have enough abilities as it is, and like others have posted if you think deterrence is our only defensive cooldown you are doing it wrong and should probably put in some practice with what we got.

10+ Year Old Account
    Inb4 pistols.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhryke View Post
    We have enough abilities as it is, and like others have posted if you think deterrence is our only defensive cooldown you are doing it wrong and should probably put in some practice with what we got.
    No, i think you are reading it wrong.

I made a thread a while back about my awesome idea for classes with pets...

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/775364-Fetch!

FETCH! would be very useful.
    Last edited by Youarefired; 2010-11-02 at 06:52 PM. Reason: cause I felt like it

3) Hunter's defensive abilities
    Yep, that's what we all know about - hunter's lack of defensive abilities. Deterrence is the only one we have atm
    No, i think you are reading it wrong.
    Still looks like you are saying Deterrence is our only defensive ability. Mind clarifying how exactly I am reading it wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Dhryke View Post
    Still looks like you are saying Deterrence is our only defensive ability. Mind clarifying how exactly I am reading it wrong?
    He is saying as stated above, That deterrence is our only " strong " " not situational " Defensive cooldown. While i it did originally sound like he said it was our " only " he did clarify it in a later post. You really don't read everything do you?

disengage is pretty strong not to mention your traps. hunters have just as many defensive abilities if not more.(from a pvp standpoint)

PVE um feign death is about as good as it gets

Quote Originally Posted by Ninurta View Post
    disengage is pretty strong not to mention your traps. hunters have just as many defensive abilities if not more.(from a pvp standpoint)

PVE um feign death is about as good as it gets
    This guy pretty much said it all before I could respond.