Question Winterspring Saber: How long will it take to grind?

Heya, to make my question short, sweet, and to the point.. How long would it take a mage to grind from 0/6000 Honored to Exalted with the Winterspring Saber rep?

Any tips or pointers and should I just stick to the fulborg killing quest or do both that and the bears/chimera quest?

Thanks in advance <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliekcookies View Post
    WoW is like heroine among MMORPGs. Once you're hooked, it's an addiction. You can't go back to anything weaker.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on your sever and how many people are doing it. Took me a few hours a day for about 4 days. 12-15 hours total i would think.

The problem is if anyone is camping one of the questions, it takes much longer. get there early.

Also, there isn't a rush. It isn't going away in Cata

10+ Year Old Account
    I did it over a year ago so I don't remember the quests exactly but it took me about a week to go from neutral to exalted. Given I had just graduated college and was unemployed so I played something like 5 hours a day (not all grinding that rep). Depending on your available time to play, I would say you could do it in 2-3 days if you're persistent.

As far as quests go, I did every one that was available to me. Started by picking them up and questing my way to the southern edge then running back to turn them in. Being a mage definitely helps being able to AoE everything down.

I did 2 of the 3 quests avaiable. Ditched the one with the giants as it meant too much running.
    It did not take more than a couple of days at level 70. At level 80 you can very easily do it within a week without risking severe sanity damage.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I finished it last night. Took me two days, for a total of about 12 hours.

There were 2-3 others doing the quests as well, so we just formed a group and set it to FFA so we wouldn't have to fight over kills. It was actually kind of nice to have some company.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Wintersaber_Trainers

The honored to exalted part is what you're most interested in. Having done this a couple months ago, I can say that you definitely want to do all 3 available quests in a circuit/loop to yield the most rep.

A couple tips that might be worth your time:

*The meat quest should always be done running between the other two quests and the turn-ins. Killing mobs along the way is usually enough for that quest. Also, there are a lot of bears down near the giants, so that should help.

*When running down South from the questgiver, always hit the village quest first. This is because if you are still missing a certain mob, you can run south to the Giants quest, and on the way back finish off the village quest.

*Probably most important, if you haven't done so already, set your Hearthstone to Everlook. This allows you to hearth back to Everlook every other loop and shave 4-5 minutes off that loop.

*If someone else is farming the mount, try to group with them for at least the village quest and possibly the giants as well, so you're not fighting for mobs.

*If you have a Paladin friend who is is willing to put you on follow, or you are a Paladin, Crusader Aura helps immensely.

Once you get used to doing the loop, you'll find little shortcuts and ways to help you out on your server, especially if someone else is farming as well. I think I covered all the little tips that help me farm the mount.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I went from Neutral to Exalted using this method in 2 days.
    Last edited by Xanoectos; 2010-11-02 at 07:56 PM.

What I did which seemed to be very time-effective was to guage how well-camped the Furlbog camp was. If there weren't many quest mobs up, or the thing was overcamped, I would get what mobs I could, then just continue south and complete the Giants quests, then attempt to finish the Furlbog quest on the way back up. If I was able to complete the Furlbog camp quest quickly in one shot, I would just skip the southern Giants quest and just go turnin the two.

3 days.
    I did all the quests every time.
    Protection/Arms Warrior <Warsong-US>

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, and don't listen to outdated threads / webpages that talk about how bad the drop rates are for the gathering quest. They increased the drop rate by 50% so it's not bad at all.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    It took about 15-20 hours total over a span of about 3 or 4 days, but I was also working on Timbermaw reputation at the same time so would make extra passes at the furbolg camp, killing and looting for necklaces to turn in. I did all quests but in a specific pattern.

I set my hearth there to make it faster. Started with meat, worked my way down to furbolgs, ran and killed giants, hearthed and ran to turn in and reaccept. While hearth was on cooldown, I'd just do meat and furbolgs once or twice, then do all three when I could hearth back. I figured I should include the giants since the reputation earned upon turn in was more than the other two from what I remember.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scratchee View Post
    I figured I should include the giants since the reputation earned upon turn in was more than the other two from what I remember.
    Yes. As human, I received 385 for the giants quest while only getting 275 for the other two.