Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Thumbs up BETA Druids, how are the specs in raid testing???

My question is for the BETA testing druids.

Resto: How is the mana situation for raid bosses and how are the hps vs. other healers? Are we only raid healers or can we MT heal efficiently?

Scary Chickens: How is our mana holding up and how is our dps compared to other classes? Are the new spells fun to use and does our rotation feel solid?

Kittys: How is our dps compared to other dps? How is our energy regen and with the lower crit are we generating enough cp's to cycle in more FB's?

Bears: With the recent tweaks on how are we as MT's? Did the changes really hurt us or are we still fine? Is our tps good compared to other tanks and how is the rotaion playing on single target and aoe pulls?

Thank you.

Just saw this post. I started spending more time in Beta today. I'm a little concerned. I went into heroic SFK with the 346 pre-made 85 and was really alarmed. The mana cost is so high that if things get sticky, mana goes bye bye fast. I felt like I really needed to be very careful, went OOM on a boss or two. That really scares me a bit.

My biggest fear is that they are making healing slower paced.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by x86brandon View Post
    Just saw this post. I started spending more time in Beta today. I'm a little concerned. I went into heroic SFK with the 346 pre-made 85 and was really alarmed. The mana cost is so high that if things get sticky, mana goes bye bye fast. I felt like I really needed to be very careful, went OOM on a boss or two. That really scares me a bit.

It used to be the same back in the beginning of BC. Manabreaks after virtually every trash packs was very common when you first jumped into a heroic instance wearing blues. CC is kinda mandatory again and DPS classes need to be careful what they're doing. Raid signs will be back again in 5mans as well.

I remember the first version of BC heroics. 2 unCCable trash mobs killed the tank in like 3 hits, so 1 of them had to be kited. I don't say I want instances that hard again but I'd really love some challange in 5mans as well. In its current form the challange seems to be there.

The only downside is that PUGs will be a nightmare. Everyone is used to AoE through everything and if they keep doing it in Cata, there will be a LOT of wipes.

I agree, everyone is still in ez-mode which is why I haven't tanked a heroic since 4.0 hit and which is also why I won't tank random heroics in Cataclysm. I barely put up with tanking ICC 25 trash though I've made it abundantly clear that I've removed my taunt button from my tanking bars for trash. You pull it, you deal with it.

Quite honestly I hope in heroic instances they use some mechanics so that whether we're in leveling blues or Deathwing purples we can't AOE tank everything in the instance like in Wrath.

Only spec im really good at on druid is feral cat, I aint raided or did any instances as it as i always get DCed kinda close to getting in. But on DPS dummys i can get 17k DPS burst but soon drops down to around 14k stable. i thought DPS would be boring will all the changes but it is still just as fun. I did do resto in a normal instance in premade gear and it was probs me being abit scared as i aint healed since lvl 70 but i went oom alot :P

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezee View Post
    I barely put up with tanking ICC 25 trash though I've made it abundantly clear that I've removed my taunt button from my tanking bars for trash. You pull it, you deal with it.
    Tanks like you shouldn't be tanks -.-'

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iselia View Post
    Tanks like you shouldn't be tanks -.-'
    I know where he's coming from and yes he should be a tank. It's been 3 weeks now and people still don't know how to *not* spam their buttons as fast as possible. The memo's been given multiple times but they don't care. That's why I turned off our guild repairs in ICC unless we decide to work on Heroic LK again. They cry about a 120g repair bill and I say stop being a dumbass and trying to top the meters on trash. I have no pity on facerollers after 2 years of this expansion.

Some of these people have prompted our raid leader to write Fail Achievements...http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ievements.aspx

Back on topic. Bears are doing fine.

If you're losing aggro about 50% of the time it's your fault if not more, if you refuse to ever try to pick back up a mob you lose generally it's 100% of the time your fault.
    Saying you won't pick it back up is just an excuse for being a bad tank.

Quote Originally Posted by scorch109 View Post
    If you're losing aggro about 50% of the time it's your fault if not more, if you refuse to ever try to pick back up a mob you lose generally it's 100% of the time your fault.
    Saying you won't pick it back up is just an excuse for being a bad tank.
    at some points i agree. but if you place skull on a mob and some1 els start sooting cross. well then deal with it. i hope you die and cry on the forums so i have a good laugh:P. but on some cases some1 can just overaggro and its indeed the job of the tank to pick it back up.
    its a 50/50 deal here.

10+ Year Old Account
    A cornfield by a raceway with a tornado flying through (Indiana)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjursta View Post
    The only downside is that PUGs will be a nightmare. Everyone is used to AoE through everything and if they keep doing it in Cata, there will be a LOT of wipes.
    I can't say it enough, but I am not going to pug a 5 man at all for like..6 months. Not as a healer anyway. I can't think of a single reason why I'd want to, and it is going to be a genuine true-to-life nightmare those first few months. Healers just won't have the mp to erase mistakes anymore.

Then i hope when you mark a mob for them to cc they say no you can just tank it, it's the same concept. Use all of your abilities to do your job.

If you are a tank and you have a problem with keeping aggro over a DPS and refuse to tank then no you shouldn't be a tank. Just because you are being stressed/tested in your role doesn't give you an excuse to not tank anything. This is the problem that people talk about wotlk making people lazy. If you have to work as a tank you are doing a great job, if you require people to hold your hand to make sure you have aggro then you aren't doing your job very well.

DPS have to put up the numbers and keep themselves alive outside of aggro, all you have to do is keep aggro, and all healers have to do is keep you alive. Just do your job well and everyone is happy.

edit: I tank and DPS icc25 HM, you are only limited by your own inabilities.
    Last edited by DaTank25; 2010-11-02 at 10:23 PM.

my big question is how much health u bears have with the recent health nerf. are we under other tanks same as other tanks or just slightly above other tanks

We are on par with plate tanks albeit a bit higher. If you gem all stam(which is stupid) you would be a lot higher.
    Last edited by DaTank25; 2010-11-02 at 10:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember pally healing the belf council in BT and chugging half a stack of mana pots in one attempt. Even when we got them on farm, I was still having to use 2 or 3 per kill. A return to this is what I fear... especially since pots are on a per fight cd.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    I know where he's coming from and yes he should be a tank. It's been 3 weeks now and people still don't know how to *not* spam their buttons as fast as possible. The memo's been given multiple times but they don't care. That's why I turned off our guild repairs in ICC unless we decide to work on Heroic LK again. They cry about a 120g repair bill and I say stop being a dumbass and trying to top the meters on trash. I have no pity on facerollers after 2 years of this expansion.

Some of these people have prompted our raid leader to write Fail Achievements...http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ievements.aspx

Back on topic. Bears are doing fine.
    Obviously not all bears, if you're losing agro and refuse to taunt you shouldn't be a tank. Taunt a mob after it's pulled off you and you just gained a new free 10% threat buffer.
    Last edited by axxey; 2010-11-02 at 11:27 PM.

y would gemming all stamina be stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by hagar4172 View Post
    Because healers can't afford to pump heals into a tank with no avoidance now. Mana is an issue again and you need to keep in mind as a tank.

Quote Originally Posted by x86brandon View Post

I'm having virtually no mana issues on my druid, and numbers will clearly need to be brought down (my HPS is 2-3x any other healing spec). Overall druid seems to be the strongest healer overall in beta atm, best mana and can fill just about any role. It does take some getting used to, healing efficiently.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hagar4172 View Post
    You've been playing Wotlk for too long good sir.