Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    ToC, EoE, Naxx10/25 by far. LK wasn't a very good expansion pve wise.

Quote Originally Posted by DurbTh View Post
    How can you not like Black Temple ? that was one of the best designed raids ever, at least for me
    I dunno, it just seems boring to me.
    Ulduar on the other hand hoooollllly shit.

ToC? VoA? You sure these are the worst dungeons EVER? If you answer is yes, than you never raided Molten Core. Let me explain:

1) In theory you needed 40 people for this raid. Yes, just like for other 40 mans, right. This design just sucks. You can never find 40 people who can play, unless you treat WoW as a job. So even if you were a great player, you had to play with ~20 morons.

2) Encounters just sucked. People didn't know how to play, so Blizzard just designed the encounters in a way to give everybody a job. Like dispelling. Imagine - almost every paladin and druid in a raid was standing and mashing one key, where decursive dispell was bound. You didn't even need to pick a target, addon was doing all the work, you just had to stand there and press the key every global, becauses bosses were SPAMING curses and other debuffs on the raid. Cool, ain't it? Tell that guys about facerolling.

3) MC is long. I mean it's fucking LONG. Trash-trash-trash-trash-trash for 15 minutes, piss easy boss, and another 10 minutes of trash. Ton of debuffs from trash, trash agroing from another rooms because of agro range and other shit. It was the most BORING experince ever.

4) Resistance requirements. Most of the bosses (this applies to other classic dungeons as well) reqired some ammount of resistance gear. It's like bad PvP'ers these days posting messages like: "LF Rogue for 2v2, 1000+ resilience", raidleaders were like asking before Ragnaros: "Ok, Ragna time, ones who have no 200+ fire res, please, sit out". Noone cared about your other stats. Got 200 fire res? Ok, you are in. No resistance gear? Sucks to be you.

5) Resistant bosses. Okey, that continued through Vanila and most of BC. Fire mage? Sorry, no MC for you, lol. Great.

6) Bad design. There are not much interrupt-based fights in WoW (only RoS comes to mind), but Sulfuron was one of them. What's wrong with that, you make ask? Nothing, except... there were NO cast bar in default interface. Right, you had to install an addon to beat an encounter.
    Last edited by GuuD; 2010-11-05 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Wall of text crit's you for...

Quote Originally Posted by bisond View Post
    the scary thing is i'm seeing almost every response including a majority of wotlk raiding content (sans ulduar). I hope wotlk was just a learning experience for blizz and it's not a sign of worse to come

fools! Wrath of the lich king was merely a setback!!!
    Till water is gone, Till shade is gone. Into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath. To spit in Sightblinders eye on the last day.

I don't understand the hate for TOC. It's a bad instance, but it's no where close to being the worst. That place was an absolute joke, even on hardmodes.

VoA. Why not give 25 man bosses the same abilities as 5 man bosses, and give out the same tier of gear? Yeah, thanks Casualcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftineus View Post
    Worst Instance: Hyjal (waves got old after a couple weeks)
    Most Annoying Instance: Hyjal (see above)
    Best Instance: SSC (before nerfs, before unlocking direct access to Vashj)
    Useless Instance: TOC
    Best boss for moron detection: Magtheridon, Archimonde
    Best individual boss fight: Kaelthas (before nerfs)
    Worst fight for boss speeches: Kaelthas
    Best guild killers: Razorgore, Hydross, Vashj, Kaelthas
    Best atmosphere and looks: Karazhan
    Best boss model: Ragnaros, Alar
    Best entry level raid: Karazhan
    Most useless individual boss: Akama
    Worst boss mechanics: Gunship, Flame Leviathon
    Like this list here.

How bout old school Maraudon? My first raid ever and a wipe fest it was. (with mostly all new players). Lots of work/time for well... not a whole lot.

Deleted
    Really hard to find the worst one... Only thing I know is that it aint Obsidian Sanctum from those already mentioned, I mean normal version sucked but those drakes made it pretty challenging back then... In 10man... Before people figured out you can zerg it that is :P.

If I had to I would go with VoA.

Just giving TOC the benefit of the doubt that it should have been a filler raid, and going purely by design and encounters, I'm going to say MC.

Yea it was the first big raid, but seriously, the mechanics were piss poor, the raid itself was way to long for any normal player, and 40 people is just too many. Hate all you want, but if they brought back MC as MC was the only people heralding it's return are people who play the game too much.

voa and toc.

Ulduar. Sorry. I just really, really hate Ulduar.There wasn't a single moment spent in that instance that I felt any sort of epicness or "wow" that everyone else claims is there. It was big and clunky. The hardmode implementation left a terrible taste in my mouth. Just all around.. least favorite raid ever.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

ToC or VoA. Hard to chose.

Toc and Voa. :X

Hmm for me hyjal was horrible yay for a full trash instance.

New nax sucked and toc was an insult to a content patch. For those who said icc had 2 fights that were at all hard prob didn't clear til at least 10 percent buff and try hardmodes. LDW DBS sindra pp were all pretty hard at 0 percent buff. Now with the buff dbs is a joke and h bql is easier than the old normal bql

Quote Originally Posted by Leftineus View Post
    Worst Instance: Hyjal (waves got old after a couple weeks)
    Most Annoying Instance: Hyjal (see above)
    Best Instance: SSC (before nerfs, before unlocking direct access to Vashj)
    Useless Instance: TOC
    Best boss for moron detection: Magtheridon, Archimonde, Shade of Aran
    Best individual boss fight: Kaelthas (before nerfs)
    Worst fight for boss speeches: Kaelthas
    Best guild killers: Razorgore, Hydross, Vashj, Kaelthas
    Best atmosphere and looks: Karazhan
    Best boss model: Ragnaros, Alar
    Best entry level raid: Karazhan
    Most useless individual boss: Akama
    Worst boss mechanics: Gunship, Flame Leviathon
    Much better. BECAUSE HOW FUCKING HARD IS NOT DOING ANYTHING AT ALL? STEP AWAY FROM THE FUCKING KEYBOARD!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

I hate these threads, always full of ungrateful, entitled whiners that just hate everything. If you smile every once in a while instead of criticizing everyone and everything, life is a whole lot more bearable.

10+ Year Old Account
    In all Honesty, it has to be SSC, that place has NO lore behind it and it generally sucked, the bosses were unimaginative and boring
    i prefer stuff like karazhan, where it actually has lore and the bosses are interesting

Deleted
    *In all Honesty, it has to be SSC, that place has NO lore behind it and it generally sucked, the bosses were unimaginative and boring*

When SSC comes to mind, isn't the lore or story behind the raid instance, that it's the naga's hideout as they pump the water out of their very own lakes in Zangarmarsh : )? Correct me if I'm wrong!

1. Voa
    2. Toc
    3. Ros

Those 3 are the baddies. Icc failed in terms of epicness. For those that raided in bc all i have to say is " black
    temple" and you know what i mean. Of course mother was a pain because of resist gear, and it would of been nice to have the inner-instance portal system. Anyway the last raid should always be large and leave you in awe, unfortunately icc didn't do that. One thing i can say about wrath is imo the questing from 70-80 was more enjoyable then 60-70 was. Oh and i do realize that sunwell was the last raid in bc, but it was a filler raid and a rather tough one at that..especially that you depended so much on shamans and people picking up leatherworking for haste drums
    Last edited by Xires; 2010-11-05 at 08:35 PM.

VoA, or Magtheridon.

Best instance, Karazhan.

Quote Originally Posted by rdaccord View Post
    sunken temple with people who have never been there
    I agree ST was pretty awful, but it wasn't hard. It was just stupid long from all the pointless trash.

I'm also surprised to see Mag's Lair on here. I thought it was a little hard in terms of tuning, but overall the design was pretty good.

I think the worst instance I ever saw was BWL. It was monsters in a box. Putting one of the hardest fights in the instance at the beginning didn't help either. The gauntlet was pretty awful design from the lag it caused to the actual boss encounter itself.

I don't know about the LK content. TBC was awesome and as soon as I saw the LK 5-man content, I was done with that xpac. Most of it was pretty awful and uninspired to put it nicely. Pugable first tier raiding didn't really create any inspiration to go further either.