Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Molten Core.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalruin View Post
    Nope, just people responding about stuff that's fresher in their minds. The gripes and groans from 4 years ago are largely forgotten by people it seems.
    You think so? I'd like to think that's it. But I'm worried they just really dropped the ball last expansion. I honestly remember having a lot of fun in both vanilla and tbc raids. The size of tbc raids were nice, although the trash was a tad annoying but at least challenging and required attention. Maybe I'm just tiring from the mechanics. Here's to hoping for the return of keys and more interesting raids in the next two years!
    Last edited by bisond; 2010-11-05 at 03:40 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiya View Post
    I am not buying you were the 2% that got to run Naxx at 60...sorry

OP: I would say RS and OS just lame imo
    ... It was 2% who completed naxx40, not who entered and killed some bosses..

OT: VoA or ToC

Ironically TOC and voa i think were the worst raids. Not because they just gave away free epics because frankly i think the game needed that to a point, but because they lacked any skill in getting them and they could be done in less than an hour easy. I'm not so against epics being easy to get, because realistically if you have any more than 2 80s (ive got 4) it becomes a huge time sink to get all of your characters geared, even with two to get through all of icc/toc/voa/daily dungeons/daily quest/etcetc its an insane time sink. Its something like 16-20 hours for icc (2 characters including 10 and 25), 2-4 hours for toc, 1-2 hours for voa, and god knows how long for your dailys and stuff. And if youre in a raiding guild try increasing that number by 5-6 hours of raiding because for some reason raid progresion is almost always longer than pug time (makes sense but still). Thats dam near 25-35 (including raid time) hours a week to put in just to filling your raids. I know that may not seem alot to some people but in some countries thats a work week, and thats with only 2 characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalruin View Post
    Magtheridown's Lair. Click the cubes and profit!
    This! OMG DEATH TO MAGS!

Quote Originally Posted by Borigrad View Post
    hyjal 3rd wave and you were bored
    Ruby sanctum way to dissapointing for 10 months of ICC
    ICC for pointless and god damn boring trash
    TOC for being short and "half a raid"

I blame ICC on the community who complained about the lack of trash in TOC... damn you people seriously
    Trash is ok when it is at least a challenge. It needs to keep people's attention (CC, etc) not just AOE the shit to death. The big numbers are only gratifying for so long..

BWL /endthread

Horrible corpseruns, having to kill rend, suppression room that even with a rogue trying to disarm is a pain in the ass (I mean cmon, who thought having a -80% mspd debuff would be fun?) and nefarian suddenly despawning for 15 minutes when he feels like it.

Not much more to say besides, "ToC"

Deleted
    Ruby Sanctum probably takes the spot here..
    Not that much because it was a bad instance, I actually enjoyed the Halion fight, which was very well designed imo.
    But its probably just the fact that it got released after so many months of ICC farming, and the game had hit me with pre-expansion depression. The instance didnt do much for me, and I didnt feel like raiding it at all in the end, which is sad

I dont get the massive hate on toc. Sure it was a short instance, way too short to have a whole patch for itself. But most of the encounters was rather fun, especially on heroic Just the whole "arena" setting, and it being a lone short raid instance (besides Onyxia2.0) made it feel very bland, but yet I still enjoyed raiding it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninji View Post
    BWL /endthread

Horrible corpseruns, having to kill rend, suppression room that even with a rogue trying to disarm is a pain in the ass (I mean cmon, who thought having a -80% mspd debuff would be fun?) and nefarian suddenly despawning for 15 minutes when he feels like it.
    Meh, it was fine and a big improvement on MC. Early game wasn't as polished as todays.

I see some people bashing The Eye, are you joking? Going in there for the first time, looking up in the air in the first big chamber and seeing A'lar was epic and then facing off against Kael was even more epic. But then again people saying that are probably wotlk newbies going there at lvl 80 suprised that it's easy but STILL wiping on Kael (yes, I've been in a few mount runs that have failed believe it or not). No pre-wotlk raid deserve to be mentioned in this thread, actually only one "raid" deserves to and that's VoA. High tier loot for basically no effort (I was in my servers first kills on Toravon and Koralon 25.. With pugs! (or maybe we got server third koralon but w/e)

10+ Year Old Account
    Magtheridons Lair
    loot was average, trash was a joke and view was plain ugly...
    the boss itself was not bad, but not fun enough to do him more than once...

Seems to be mostly wotlkraiders here.. In my book MC is the most tarded raid ever, some bosses were fun but the mere ugliness of the place made you wanna quit raiding an hour early each night

10+ Year Old Account
    Must be voa, pretty close battle with Toc but still.

I dont get why people hate Magtheridon, I thought it was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by bisond View Post
    Trash is ok when it is at least a challenge. It needs to keep people's attention (CC, etc) not just AOE the shit to death. The big numbers are only gratifying for so long..
    I disagree with that. ICC trash was easy and worthless and The EYE trash had one shot mechanics and yet both sucked.

I'll take the no trash of TOC any day to either of the aforementioned examples. Bring on the boss.

My list

1: Ruby sanctum is probably the worst - What a waste that turned out to be.
    2: Mt. Hyjal - Talk about bad.
    3: VOA - When RNG becomes your worst enemy and not the boss.
    4: ICC - blizzard big finale that turned into a let down.

Quote Originally Posted by Shindaa View Post
    there is only 1 right answer here toc/togc
    This. By far the most boring instance Blizzard ever made. I cry every time someone needs the achievements from there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Mag was fun, dunno why so many hated it. Maybe they did it post teh 50 nerfs? o.o?

Worst ever, I'd say SSC. Or atleast when the trash had a 45 min respawn...

Must point out that the people flaming ToC for beeing half a raid is the same people thats flaming ICC to have too many trashmobs, the grass is always greener on the other side aye?

Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    Mag was fun, dunno why so many hated it. Maybe they did it post teh 50 nerfs? o.o?

Worst ever, I'd say SSC. Or atleast when the trash had a 45 min respawn...
    This