Mage Tears Dried

-Evocation has been nerfed below a warlocks own version of it.
    -Ice Lance spam is the most boring thing to happen to Frost Mages.

I'm glad I've found a new interest in Surv. Hunters and Resto Shamans.

Because mages suck in pvp and these measley changes in any way shape or form make you not overpowered any longer.

The only tears I think that a mage could have right now is the ones produced when you laugh so hard that your stomach cramps and water burts from your eyes.
    Monath

YARG

US-Rexxar

http://www.yarg-rexxar.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Burnwild View Post
    -Evocation has been nerfed below a warlocks own version of it.
    -Ice Lance spam is the most boring thing to happen to Frost Mages.

I'm glad I've found a new interest in Surv. Hunters and Resto Shamans.
    Yeah evocation change blows.

As for Ice lance spam, it doesn't work unless the person your up against is afk, or the raid your in doesn't mind you having about 2.5k dps. Because for ice lance to do ANYTHING you need a FoF proc off of a chill effect like cone of cold, frostbolt, frostfire bolt, or your pets freeze.

Good for you!

I for one really enjoy all the QQ about mages being OP with Ice Lance spam etc. etc.
    because when you start pointing at their class and the time when they where OP and couldnt loose(cos believe it or not all classes had their time for OPness), they just go away or say "I didnt play when *my class* was OP"

Quote Originally Posted by Swaap View Post
    Good for you!

I for one really enjoy all the QQ about mages being OP with Ice Lance spam etc. etc.
    because when you start pointing at their class and the time when they where OP and couldnt loose(cos believe it or not all classes had their time for OPness), they just go away or say "I didnt play when *my class* was OP"
    However the caster dominance that has been shown thus far in casterclysm is unlikely to change.
    Monath

YARG

US-Rexxar

http://www.yarg-rexxar.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Jakmax View Post
    Yeah evocation change blows.

As for Ice lance spam, it doesn't work unless the person your up against is afk, or the raid your in doesn't mind you having about 2.5k dps. Because for ice lance to do ANYTHING you need a FoF proc off of a chill effect like cone of cold, frostbolt, frostfire bolt, or your pets freeze.
    Do you mean at 85? I'm talking about level 80 PVP. I've been leveling a hunter and shaman because I really don't have a problem dropping anyone in a combo of freezes.

tbh.. I made the post to show off the avatar I just made... and to talk about mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Swaap View Post
    Good for you!

My color is White. I value order. Mages are order. I didn't roll a Warlock to take a crap on my enemies.
    Last edited by Burnwild; 2010-11-05 at 03:31 AM.

Can't wait till they ALSO have same stam as plate wearers and massively increased armor %

Because healing with evo was what made people cry about mages. Oh, scorch did too much damage too. Don't worry though guys, pyroblast had it's mana cost reduced so that's a buff for us!

What the fuck? This patch has the strangest most useless changes I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd View Post
    Because healing with evo was what made people cry about mages. Oh, scorch did too much damage too. Don't worry though guys, pyroblast had it's mana cost reduced so that's a buff for us!

What the fuck? This patch has the strangest most useless changes I've ever seen.
    I don't care that Evo. was nerfed. I'm a little confused by it, but the real thing that blew my mind was that Warlocks got their own Evo.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnwild View Post
    I don't care that Evo. was nerfed. I'm a little confused by it, but the real thing that blew my mind was that Warlocks got their own Evo.
    Yeah it's not a huge deal to me either, but I just dont get what they were thinking with any of these changes. Warlock evo is essentially useless in competitive pvp. It's the equivalent of letting someone get behind a pillar and drink. It should never happen. Rated BG's may be a different story, but that's less of a big deal since individual deaths aren't half as big of an impact as they are in arena.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thank god these changes are on PTR and not the beta /roll eyes.
    BfA Beta Time

@ Swizzle

As someone that never really followed the beta last time around why would they make changes on ptr and not beta? I guess i don't understand why the would test things on ptr right now if we have beta going. Is it a way of having 2 testing platforms?

thx

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Multigasm View Post
    @ Swizzle

As someone that never really followed the beta last time around why would they make changes on ptr and not beta? I guess i don't understand why the would test things on ptr right now if we have beta going. Is it a way of having 2 testing platforms?

thx
    Pretty much yeah. Having two different sets of numbers and ability functions may seem over complicated, but it lets them compare and test things that vary between live and release. For example, they put in the Evocation nerf on live to lower mage survivability by a bit since all mages get the glyph if they PvP (though now it's much worse than either Soul Harvest or Recuperate) and see how it fares. If the desired effect is attained on PTR, they put it in a beta build and see how it does at max level. If it fails there, the change gets reverted and they get to save some time implementing millions of builds on the beta.

Anyway, no change is ever final in a MMO, but something that isn't on the beta of an expansion not even out yet shouldn't cause much concern.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Pretty much yeah. Having two different sets of numbers and ability functions may seem over complicated, but it lets them compare and test things that vary between live and release. For example, they put in the Evocation nerf on live to lower mage survivability by a bit since all mages get the glyph if they PvP (though now it's much worse than either Soul Harvest or Recuperate) and see how it fares. If the desired effect is attained on PTR, they put it in a beta build and see how it does at max level. If it fails there, the change gets reverted and they get to save some time implementing millions of builds on the beta.

Anyway, no change is ever final in a MMO, but something that isn't on the beta of an expansion not even out yet shouldn't cause much concern.
    Cool thanks. To me it seems almost like they are trynig to do to much with all three of the mage specs. Overcomplicating if you will. I agree with the evo change if you consider the changes to VE (preist) and HOW(Druid).

All healing effects got reduced, so I don't really know if it's that bad..

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really not concerned at all about the changes from a PvE perspective. Was scorch PvP related? Or was it to further discourage scorch spamming for Hot Streaks?
    Lightning Fast

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thes View Post
    All healing effects got reduced, so I don't really know if it's that bad..
    Talented recup is still 50% of your max health and it has no CD, which is really annoying since it's a physical buff and can't be dispelled.
    BfA Beta Time