Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    They should add those gadgets and stuff on use into other proffesions too. I dont know why one profesion have plenthora of usefull things and other have nothing for use.
    Fking eng have grenades, potion injectors, parachute, nitros, PASSIVE BONUS LIKE any other proff and craftable googles.
    With ench i have just garbage cleaner and passive bonus, nothing other, no craftable, not usable things nothing...
    Unbalanced shit

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Madus View Post
    They should add those gadgets and stuff on use into other proffesions too. I dont know why one profesion have plenthora of usefull things and other have nothing for use.
    Fking eng have grenades, potion injectors, parachute, nitros, PASSIVE BONUS LIKE any other proff and craftable googles.
    With ench i have just garbage cleaner and passive bonus, nothing other, no craftable, not usable things nothing...
    Unbalanced shit
    Why can't my mage have Rejuvinate, Drain Life, Intercept, Cloak of Shadows, Chimera Shot, Divine Storm, or Power Word: Barrier?
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Why can't my mage have Rejuvinate, Drain Life, Intercept, Cloak of Shadows, Chimera Shot, Divine Storm, or Power Word: Barrier?
    Because you have Evocate, Evocate, Ice Block, Ice lance, Cone of cold or Ice Barrier ?
    Because Mage class is like engineering between other profesions, read: already OP and already with all kind of stuff.

Im OK that Mage class is OP for most time in WoW, but proffesions should be balanced. I can understand that Harry Poter, Merlin, Gandalf like class must be strong in rpg game :P
    Last edited by Madus; 2010-11-11 at 07:12 AM.

LOL at Madus calling other classes op...Druids have been redonkulously OP in pvp for ages, and from what I heard one of the most, if not the most op class in beta at 85 is druid.

Second, Im with Swizzle on this, if you lose because the other team has an engineer on their team and you dont, then I hate to break it to you but its not the profession, its your shitty team. Almost everyone that pvps regularly currently has engineering so I dont see the issue. And ok fine to make everyone happy, make engineering a secondary profession, get rid of things like rocket gloves and haste gloves and let it be basically a nondmg, useful-tinker profession. That way if you dont have it it's your own problem and you have no one to blame but yourself

At the end of the day if engineering was really a game break you better take you ass to the trainer and learn it, because everyone knows there are certain professions for pve min/maxing so why not be the same for pvp. It isnt game breaking in battlegrounds, Im just saying.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Tumble View Post
    LOL at Madus calling other classes op...Druids have been redonkulously OP in pvp for ages, and from what I heard one of the most, if not the most op class in beta at 85 is druid.

Second, Im with Swizzle on this, if you lose because the other team has an engineer on their team and you dont, then I hate to break it to you but its not the profession, its your shitty team. Almost everyone that pvps regularly currently has engineering so I dont see the issue.And ok fine to make everyone happy, make engineering a secondary profession, get rid of things like rocket gloves and haste gloves and let it be basically a nondmg, useful-tinker profession. That way if you dont have it it's your own problem and you have no one to blame but yourself

At the end of the day if engineering was really a game break you better take you ass to the trainer and learn it, because everyone knows there are certain professions for pve min/maxing so why not be the same for pvp. It isnt game breaking in battlegrounds, Im just saying.
    I heard that Onyxia in cata deep breaths more.

Bolded part is actualy problem. That need be scrapped by blizzard and i hope it will happen in cata. Prof need be choice not requirement.
    I got eng in TBC and i dont wanna to respec it again just for purpose of overpowered profesion.

I heard that Onyxia in cata deep breaths more.

Bolded part is actualy problem. That need be scrapped by blizzard and i hope it will happen in cata. Prof need be choice not requirement.
    I got eng in TBC and i dont wanna to respec it again just for purpose of overpowered profesion.
    So what I got from that mumble of letters was: You dont feel that people should be resposible for min/maxing their toons, everyone should just be a clone of each other.

I still dont see how you guys think engineering is game breaking. Again if you lose to a team with engineers, its wasnt the profession that won the game but ur shit skills that lost it. Everyone in this game has an option to hav eit, if you dont want it thats fine, but why the hell should I be penalized because you are too lazy/ignorant to want to use a great profession. The passives in JC/Alch/EnCh/BS have great benifits in pvp aswell, better get rid of those aswell.

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Prof need be choice not requirement.
    +
    You dont feel that people should be resposible for min/maxing their toons, everyone should just be a clone of each other.

Prof need be choice not requirement.
    +

If that was the case mining/herbing should be jsut as benifical for raiding as BS/JC, some professions are better in some areas than others. Once again, engineering isnt going to make a big enough difference in the battlegournd to cause a lose or victory.And again, if you lose to someone with engineeing, that wasnt what beat you, you got out played. Alos is that your pic, cause im betting thats what you look like IRL.

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry

10+ Year Old Account

At least I have my cogs still...

At Rage: From the sounds of it, only in the engineering helms crafted, they will be usefull for one tier, or until replaced with actuall tier =/

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry

At Rage: From the sounds of it, only in the engineering helms crafted, they will be usefull for one tier, or until replaced with actuall tier =/
    then you will be like

So what they will add you later ability to put cogwheel socket into head ...problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Get flag in WSG, take the gy way out and come on top of the entrance to the base. Pop rocket boots, pop parachute. Trolololololololololol, see you half way across the map while being untouchable in the air.
    Do you currently pvp on live, or hell read things in this forum b4 making wild posts pulled from your ass...you drop the flag if u use ur boots.....here again, YOU DROP THE FLAG IF YOU USE YOUR ROCKET BOOTS and just incase u didnt get it here is a blue post for you..
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Nitro Boosts now make you drop PVP flags when used, as well as preventing you from picking them up while the effect is active.

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry

Do you currently pvp on live, or hell read things in this forum b4 making wild posts pulled from your ass...you drop the flag if u use ur boots.....here again, YOU DROP THE FLAG IF YOU USE YOUR ROCKET BOOTS and just incase u didnt get it here is a blue post for you..
    Nitro Boosts now make you drop PVP flags when used, as well as preventing you from picking them up while the effect is active.
    Thats the problem.They already balanced some engi gadget in PvP.I dont see a reason why they cant do it with other things.Maybe limit the use of it like: only 2 Free action potions per BG or something like that.As many said before its the easy way to solve some balance problem.
    "In our world those who dont care about the rules are called trash but those who dont care about their friends are even worse than trash."

Basically means

No:

Army of the Dead
    Flasks & Potions (Free action, Swiftness)
    No Battle rez?
    No Engineering (wtf you jerks)

...No fun.

Hopefully I'll still be able to blast people off cliffs on my Shammy, just so long as they actually fix the Match-making system so that I stop getting paired against teams double my/our rating. I read all this though and I can't help but think they're doing this for Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathras View Post
    Thats the problem.They already balanced some engi gadget in PvP.I dont see a reason why they cant do it with other things.Maybe limit the use of it like: only 2 Free action potions per BG or something like that.As many said before its the easy way to solve some balance problem.
    Or make free action potion work just like the boots, if u are under the effects of it you cant grab the flag, and if you have the flag and pop the free action pot, u drop the flag. Also, to all you nay sayers out there, why is it ok that I should have to min/max my professions to be the best I can in pve, but its not ok to do so in pvp. You give up things from say JC to pick up engineeering, there are trade offs like constantly having that extra SP/AP/INT/STAM.

---------- Post added 2010-11-11 at 02:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle View Post
    Basically means

No:

Army of the Dead
    Flasks & Potions (Free action, Swiftness)
    No Battle rez?
    No Engineering (wtf you jerks)

...No fun.

Hopefully I'll still be able to blast people off cliffs on my Shammy, just so long as they actually fix the Match-making system so that I stop getting paired against teams double my/our rating. I read all this though and I can't help but think they're doing this for Horde.
    Care to explain?
    Im allaince btw and arent seeing what you mean.

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry

You can still activate those boots a split second before picking it up, and run with the speed & flag. They should let Alliance use rocket boosts, since they nerfed Worgen speed to nearly nothing.

---------- Post added 2010-11-11 at 09:13 AM ----------

Or make free action potion work just like the boots, if u are under the effects of it you cant grab the flag, and if you have the flag and pop the free action pot, u drop the flag. Also, to all you nay sayers out there, why is it ok that I should have to min/max my professions to be the best I can in pve, but its not ok to do so in pvp. You give up things from say JC to pick up engineeering, there are trade offs like constantly having that extra SP/AP/INT/STAM.

---------- Post added 2010-11-11 at 02:12 PM ----------

Care to explain?
    Im allaince btw and arent seeing what you mean.
    Because horde win BG's more than Alliance. Their racials are more PvP favored and PvP servers are 50-90% horde favored... Where have you been?

You can still activate those boots a split second before picking it up, and run with the speed & flag. They should let Alliance use rocket boosts, since they nerfed Worgen speed to nearly nothing.

---------- Post added 2010-11-11 at 09:13 AM ----------

Because horde win BG's more than Alliance. Their racials are more PvP favored and PvP servers are 50-90% horde favored... Where have you been?
    Isnt this some kind of old?Saying horde always wins and alliance always lose?Maybe its the battlegroup you play in.The battlegroup i play in is quite balanced.But to your idea letting alliance you boots and horde not:I can already hear the wave of tears rolling,so no.Their first priority should be to balance something but not restrict it.
    "In our world those who dont care about the rules are called trash but those who dont care about their friends are even worse than trash."

You can still activate those boots a split second before picking it up, and run with the speed & flag.
    Did you not read the blue post I posted and that you linked?....It states right there that IF YOU HAVE THE FLAG, YOU DROP IT IF YOU USE THE BOOTS, ALSO YOU CAN NOT GRAB THE FLAG WHILE UNDER THE BOOTS EFFECTS If for somereason you can grab the flag while using the boots, I can promise you that is surely a bug and wont hang around for too long.

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry

15+ Year Old Account
    So what I've concluded from this thread: the people complaining about engineering have NO IDEA how the profession or its perks work and they think that a 2 second break-on-damage incap wins games.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    So what I've concluded from this thread: the people complaining about engineering have NO IDEA how the profession or its perks work and they think that a 2 second break-on-damage incap wins games.
    Or people who are complaining dont want to lose their profit making professions and are jealous that engineering is about fun and not profit.

---------- Post added 2010-11-11 at 04:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Psilo View Post
    Solitary faction-specific profession perk with no counter? I'd love to hear the justification for this. Oh... maybe:

1) Horde BARELY wins more BGs, the last I read was a 2% difference, but that will be irrelevant when BGs are rated.
    2) Look at historic Arena realm representation and you'll see that - just like classes - faction tends to be FOTM. For BGs, there is no racial more powerful than Shadowmeld, I don't care what anybody says when you roll up on a flag and get WTFPWND and have no idea where it is coming from, that is some bullshit. In Cata there will be Arcane Mages at full mana Shadowmelded behind some bush that will get off two huge AB casts before a player could possibly respond.
    3) WTF does server faction balance have to do with anything?
    You said Shadowmeld is the most powerful pvp racial.I dont think so because it needs certain circumstances to be good.As you described it, it needs one specific class,one specific place and one specific situation to be very powerful where other racials are almost always powerful.