Thread: new to pvp

new to pvp

hey guys
    i've played wow for couple of years now and i have never ever played pvp, i mainly healed in wotlk pve content and to be fair hadnt really played in catac. i just got back to the game and have mage priest shammy and droody 85 and a few other classes really close, so i wondered with which class will i have the easiest time learnin how to pvp in arena. am i better off healin or "dpsin"(if u can say that in pvp). moreover if there are some general tips i need to know before startin to pvp(not the obvious go get all pvp gear with as high resi as possible).
    i guess my main options are frost mage/sp
    disc /resto shammy
    feral / enhance

easiest starter PVP class wich is "good/op",

DK
    Mage

Read the many threads on the first 5 pages and there ya go, questions answered!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Talgmar View Post

DK
    Mage
    Sadly this is true ... Play with the OP, or try them all (even in pve 'shity' gear) and chose the style which suits you better.

Quote Originally Posted by bysorynyos View Post
    Sadly this is true ... Play with the OP, or try them all (even in pve 'shity' gear) and chose the style which suits you better.
    I have to agree with trying them all to see which one suits you best... in my case I have a dk but I absolutely get owned in pvp but I do a lot better with my pally because it fits my play style better.

Quote Originally Posted by Talgmar View Post

DK
    Mage
    I'd have to disagree.

Mages aren't THAT easy to just start pvping with, they do take SOME skill, as much as you want to convince yourself otherwise.

Also, to get started, I would say warriors might even be a bit easier than DKs in terms of just starting to pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiun View Post
    I'd have to disagree.

Mages aren't THAT easy to just start pvping with, they do take SOME skill, as much as you want to convince yourself otherwise.

Also, to get started, I would say warriors might even be a bit easier than DKs in terms of just starting to pvp.
    Playing a warrior in pvp is indeed very easy skill wise. Also the most frustrating when it comes to gear disparities. A great mage can easily decimate most players while being undergeared. A warrior hits like a noodle without gear :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingmoney View Post
    Don't you know the meaning of life?

Get born.
    Play WoW.
    Snort crack.
    Fuck bitches.
    Die.

Play a rogue has been my main for 5 years a very simple class to get the basics of but very rewarding if you become a master at it and has a very high skill cap its a great class from start to end

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd strongly recommend starting out with a melee class, as it inevitably is easier to chase someone instead of kiting them. Yes, Frost Mages will kite you to death until you learn how to deal with that, but other casters doesn't have the same kiting power so you'll do fine as long as you focus on sticking to them, interrupting them, stunning them, and generally just doing as much damage as you can while, to the best of your abilities, preventing them from doing damage to you.

As Xiun said, a Death Knight or a Warrior are both good classes to start with. I wouldn't recommend Rogue even thought it's a melee simply because it takes more practice to be decent with them than it does the other melee.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiun View Post
    I'd have to disagree.

I will agree Mages do take skill to play, though against melee they are really easy to play IMO.