Thread: Soloing ZG

Soloing ZG

I was wondering if anyone could give me tips on soloing the mount bosses in ZG

Its easy to burst down as fury,You're gonna need decent dps though to make Bloodlord mandokir as dps before he kills you(he hits hard) , easy as hell as prot
    Last edited by Heady; 2010-11-10 at 04:57 AM.

Deleted
    Posted in warrior forums.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannelore View Post
    Posted in warrior forums.
    bur

er I mean, lol

well it should be super easy if you spec fury, hell its easier than soloing some group quests in northrend
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

Quote Originally Posted by Naposim1337 View Post
    well it should be super easy if you spec fury, hell its easier than soloing some group quests in northrend
    So fury is def the easy way to do it?

should I wear my full dps set or just parts of it and some tank stuff?

Um...go prot, get decent gear, and use your OP vengeance + shield slam.

How do I know? My twin won't shut the hell up about exactly this. You can't go as fury/arms, the fear/whirlwind combo will kill you in the end. Pop shield wall/last stand/the 30% health regen thing if you get to 30% health. Twin manages to kill him in a minute or so. Just remember to kill the boss before his raptor, the tiger boss is pretty easy by itself, just use shockwave.

Ignore the guy who said roll fury, the damage can still definitely take you down unless you're actually careful, and I do prefer facerolling myself.

Yeah I do it as fury every 3 days and the only things that give me issue is if I get stupid and pull too many mobs that stun/hex. It's seriously a joke unless you're reckless as hell or not paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Zues View Post
    Um...go prot, get decent gear, and use your OP vengeance + shield slam.

How do I know? My twin won't shut the hell up about exactly this. You can't go as fury/arms, the fear/whirlwind combo will kill you in the end. Pop shield wall/last stand/the 30% health regen thing if you get to 30% health. Twin manages to kill him in a minute or so. Just remember to kill the boss before his raptor, the tiger boss is pretty easy by itself, just use shockwave.
    Ok thanks for the advice

---------- Post added 2010-11-09 at 11:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Famine View Post
    Yeah I do it as fury every 3 days and the only things that give me issue is if I get stupid and pull too many mobs that stun/hex. It's seriously a joke unless you're reckless as hell or not paying attention.
    First time I tried it I might have been a bit drunk >.>

Prot with Dps gear works great too

Thanks for all the advice, gonna give it a go tomorrow cheers

its faceroll as fury for me in 264/277 icc gear all you need to do is dps :P and if you are careful a little you dont have to fight ANY trash mobs, both mount bosses can be pulled without aggroing any trash. so you dont need to spec prot for it, it will only take longer

yeah and ignore the guy who said roll prot

---------- Post added 2010-11-10 at 06:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zues View Post

You can't go as fury/arms, the fear/whirlwind combo will kill you in the end. .
    he does fear? :O i usually burn him down in 30 seconds, seriously pull some dps
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

im soloing zg in pvp arms spec with heroic Bryntroll, heals me alot and even raptor boss cant get me down. Also blood craze helps abit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use two accounts to tackle ZG, one (paladin) to do the dirty work and the other (mage) to reap the rewards. *wink*

Raptor Boss- If you're got two toons in ZG, the one that won't be seeing action needs to be left outside of the boss area... preferably in the long corridor west of the boss area. Especially if that toon is a clothie. Mr. Raptor Boss doesn't like running more than he absolutely needs to and usually won't switch targets to that toon. When the raptor dies, the boss enrages... which I presume means he does more damage... but I don't really notice it on the 4.2k gs paladin. What I DO notice is that if you leave the raptor up you start to take rather rediculous damage near the end of the fight, so concentrate on the raptor first. Randomly you will be feared. Hopefully you already took the time to clear the mobs from the area, but if you didn't then just run to the top of the stairs at the start of the fight and after each time you're feared.

Tiger Boss- If you have two toons in ZG, the one that won't be seeing action needs to be left on the cliff over the water. Except for one point in the fight, you can ignore the mobs before the boss. The trick is defeating the three npcs within 15 seconds. The quickest way I've personally discovered to beat all three of them quickly and simutaneously is to remain targeted on the High Priest and let the splash-over damage hit the other two. Each time you think you're about to kill the High Priest while the other two have high life, one of the other two heals the High Priest. Eventually all three will be wittled down. If this doesn't work for you, you'll have to constantly switch targets to whoever has the highest life (but in my experience this can take up to 45 mins to get all three to low health). When all three die, the High Priest morphs and knocks you back... the only point in the fight that leaving the other mobs alive becomes a problem. To avoid that simply manuver yourself so that when you're knocked back you'll be knocked into a wall or some other safe direction. If for some strange reason you don't get through this phase of the fight in time the fight will revert back to phase one and you'll have to beat the three NPCs all over again. The only time that's happened to me was the very first time when I was still trying to figure out what the fight was all about.
    Last edited by MeAjur; 2010-11-10 at 05:24 AM.
    "There is no idiotic statement you can make so ironically that SOMEBODY won't think you're dead serious." ~"Weird Al" Yankovic

Quote Originally Posted by Naposim1337 View Post
    its faceroll as fury for me in 264/277 icc gear all you need to do is dps :P and if you are careful a little you dont have to fight ANY trash mobs, both mount bosses can be pulled without aggroing any trash. so you dont need to spec prot for it, it will only take longer

yeah and ignore the guy who said roll prot

---------- Post added 2010-11-10 at 06:06 AM ----------

he does fear? :O i usually burn him down in 30 seconds, seriously pull some dps
    this^
    Not to mention if he does fear, zerker rage isn't even on a global anymore.... the dude obviously didn't know how to warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

If you want a fast run, then you must roll Arms warrior, who ever said you cant do it as arms is an idiot.

For Bloodlord mandokir
    All you have to do is use -shattering throw-pop Recklessness-and use deadly calm, you will easily drop him down to 55% in less than 10s.
    All you have to do is move wen he uses bladestorm and pop Human Spirit wen he fears if you are a human, wen you get to 20% health use enraged regeneration/battlemaster's trinket in defensive stance/shield wall at the same time i suggest you make a macro. Use OP and revenge untill you regain 70% Hp at this point he will be at 10% and just finish him off. Dont worry about his raptor it only has 112k hp.

As for the tiger boss

Charge use Bladestorm you will hit all targets and in 9s all 3 bosses will be at 40% just hit em till they drop and spread out the dps equally and b4 you know it all 3 are dead, the tiger boss is easy just burn down. simple.
    Last edited by Asessino713; 2010-11-10 at 05:26 AM.