Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Vials of sand question

For the potion that turns you into a drake, do you have to drink it every time you want to be a drake, and keep making more. Or do you only drink it once and you learn the spell for good?

Deleted
    Considering it'd take about 30k gold in materials to make, it'll be like the chopper key. Use it once and keep the 'mount'.

Deleted
    Another question: is the 'mount' instant cast like zeh druid flgiht form? wud b awesome :x

Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    Another question: is the 'mount' instant cast like zeh druid flgiht form? wud b awesome :x
    From what I've gathered thus far, it's a cast just like any other mount. So sadly no, I don't believe it will be epic insta-form of the druids.

Quote Originally Posted by Valleera View Post
    Considering it'd take about 30k gold in materials to make, it'll be like the chopper key. Use it once and keep the 'mount'.
    not doubting you, but how do you know it will cost about 30k?

Quote Originally Posted by slider View Post
    not doubting you, but how do you know it will cost about 30k?
    The alchemist only mats (like the engineering only mats for the choppa) cost 21600 gold.

8 Sands (*2700) = 21,600
    Pyrium-Laced Crystalline Vial (*1) = 4500
    Vendor items = 26,100 (no rep discount available)
    You will ALSO need
    • 12 x Truegold
    =====(10 x Volatile Air) x 12 = 120 Volatile Air
    =====(10 x Volatile Fire) x 12 = 120 Volatile Fire
    =====(10 x Volatile Water) x 12 = 120 Volatile Water
    ===== (3 x Pyrium bars) x 12 = 24 Pyrium Bars
    ========== (2 x Pyrite Ore) x 24 = 48 Pyrium Ore
    • 8 x Flask of the Winds
    ===== (6 x Volatile Life) x 4 = 24 Volatile Life
    ===== (12 x Azshara’s Veil) x 4 = 48 Azshara’s Veil
    ===== (12 x Whiptail) x 4 = 48 Whiptail
    ===== (1 x Crystal Vial) x 4 = 4 Crystal Vial
    • 8 x Flask of Titanic Strength
    ===== (6 x Volatile Life) x 4 = 24 Volatile Life
    ===== (12 x Cinderbloom) x 4 = 48 Cinderbloom
    ===== (12 x Whiptail) x 4 = 48 Whiptail
    ===== (1 x Crystal Vial) x 4 = 4 Crystal Vial
    • 8 x Deepstone Oil
    ===== (1 x Albino Cavefish) x 8 = 8 Albino Cavefish

Total:
    • 26,100g
    • 48 Volatile Life
    • 48 Azshara’s Veil
    • 48 Cinderbloom
    • 96 Whiptail
    • 8 Crystal Vial
    • 8 Albino Cavefish

Last edited by Cernunnos; 2010-11-10 at 08:42 AM.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

It will be expensive - no doubt. But 30K seems abit overrated. You need Sands of Time from vendor, and they seem to be 750g per, and you need 8. And then you can add steep prices the first months, or hardcore farming. My guess is like 10k - but you never know... if you buy all - it will most likely be expensive

http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/65891/vial-of-the-sands/

Quote Originally Posted by Epileptica View Post
    It will be expensive - no doubt. But 30K seems abit overrated. You need Sands of Time from vendor, and they seem to be 750g per, and you need 8. And then you can add steep prices the first months, or hardcore farming. My guess is like 10k - but you never know... if you buy all - it will most likely be expensive

http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/65891/vial-of-the-sands/
    750 is the sell to vendor price of the item. The buying price is 2700.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Deleted
    The recipe calls for 8 'Sands', I forget the exact name, of around 3k gold each, and a vial of 4.5k. These are obligatory-to-buy items like the engine parts for the Chopper. Add to that a fair number of end-game level vials and about 130 pyrium ore, you end up with an equivalent of around 30k in gold.

Ok - my bad. Expensive - but still worth every penny!

And its alchemy only /wrists
    Stulti se laudant.
    Minecraft Survival Server: 203.206.166.219:25565
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fpiceail

I wonder if we somehow can use our profession to get a rare chance for the mats comparable to engineers who could salvage FL, XT and Mimiron for a rare chance to get the parts.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    The alchemist only mats (like the engineering only mats for the choppa) cost 21600 gold.

8 Sands (*2700) = 21,600
    Pyrium-Laced Crystalline Vial (*1) = 4500
    Vendor items = 26,100 (no rep discount available)
    On my fresh character it's 3000g and 5000g, so normal rep discount seems to apply.

I believe that guild perk discounts apply to it, but not reputation (since the vendor has no reputation alignment herself)

Ah, those countless questions in their own threads which could have been asked in the respective news threads as well... or answered by searching the forums or wowhead, for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonwing View Post
    WTB your avatar in a higher resolution or even a poster.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

I'm just sad that my alchemy character is the same one I gave the Touring Rocket to. Can guarentee I'll never use the rocket again once I get this mount.

I also wonder if this is the only super-expensive item for Cata (20k Mammoth, 10k Mammoth, and 11500 parts for Chopper being WotLK's expensive stuff)

Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    On my fresh character it's 3000g and 5000g, so normal rep discount seems to apply.
    Quote Originally Posted by zylya View Post
    I believe that guild perk discounts apply to it, but not reputation (since the vendor has no reputation alignment herself)
    Zylya appears to be correct, when took the original SS above I thought it odd they were a strange amount, but I forgot about the guild discount.
    It's possible goblins would also get a discount (not sure if it stacks with the guild discount or not) I'm not sure how their racial works with non factioned vendors

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shitballs that's gonna be a pricey mount... But thankfully I have very good friends who wouldn't mind helping me out. And like how the chopper is, I hope to make a good amount of cash outta it =D
    Last edited by Xyonai; 2010-11-10 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Re-read over the actual item

Can anyone confirm this :P

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I remember, the Chopper was BoP in wotlk beta, then became BoE later. I'm just saying, it could be the same deal with this mount.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2010-11-10 at 11:46 PM.