Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Titan Panel Replacement.

Im looking for some Titan Panel Replacement addons, if anyone could recommend some that they use or used to use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Btex

Deleted
    Isn't that a bit like saying you're looking for a replacement for water? I never seen an addon that comes close to titan

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Why do you need to replace TitanPanel? It's updated to 4.x.

Btex is not a TitanPanel replacement. Btex does panel artwork. TitanPanel is an infobar.

I would personally suggest picking up Bazooka, and a collection of LDB/DataBroker addons for the information you want on your infobar.

Meddy, there are many addons that people use instead of Titan, simply because they like the other addons better (I'm a DataBroker fanatic, and I also hate having single infobars, so I use LDB/DataBroker plugins and the Fortress display addon).

Quote Originally Posted by Meddy View Post
    Isn't that a bit like saying you're looking for a replacement for water?
    ale... i rest my case
    Dwarfs, gods among humanoids, giants among... gnomes...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hitch-hikers' Guide To The Galaxy: Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
    "Oh freddled gruntbuggly/thy micturations are to me/As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
    Groop I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes. And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
    Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!"

10+ Year Old Account
    how about FuBar? it's pretty much the same ....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by the lich knough View Post
    ale... i rest my case
    Ale is water, some starch sources and a spot of yeast and sugar.

...I rest MY case.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Hasnt fubar been discontinued?

Apparently this was on the fubar comments as an alternative might be worth looking into it

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...colatebar.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    LMAO i love your signature!
    Asus Z270-AR Prime
    i7-7700K - NZXT Kraken x61
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB
    GTX 1070 Ti AMP Extreme
    XPG GAMMIX 1TB NVMe M.2 (2)
    Corsair Air 540 case

Quote Originally Posted by zeta333 View Post
    Im looking for some Titan Panel Replacement addons, if anyone could recommend some that they use or used to use.

fubar replaced titan panel over 3 years ago.

Lib data broker replaced fubar over 1 year ago.
    Last edited by pirate; 2010-11-11 at 08:57 PM.

I prefer Chocolate Bar myself.

it doesn't come with any default or build in modules, but there are LDB brokers for each with the same or similar functionality (pardon me for not linking each, but the name is as written on curse.):

TitanAmmo - what's ammo?
    TitanBag - Broker_bagInfo
    TitanClock - Broker uClock
    TitanCoords - I use sexymap's, but I'm sure this exists...
    TitanGoldTracker - Broker: Cashflow
    TitanLootType
    TitanPerformance - Broker_Micromenu (this displays lag and FPS, and when you mouse over it, it displays links to your character info, spellbook, etc, letting you hide that bank of buttons if you wish. Also, shows some of the 'escape' menu buttons...unfortunatly doesn't show you addon memory usage
    TitanRegen
    TitanRepair - Broker_DurabilityInfo
    TitanVolume - Volumizer
    TitanXP

I also love:
    Broker_socialstate (displays, for example, 2/40 friends, 10/79 Guildmates and allows you to mouse over and see who's online.
    Yssdrop - this removed so many buttons from around my mini map... I love it

Quote Originally Posted by Meddy View Post
    Isn't that a bit like saying you're looking for a replacement for water? I never seen an addon that comes close to titan
    I want somthing that looks a little better though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zeta333 View Post
    I want somthing that looks a little better though.
    Ahhhhhh.

Not meant as an insult or anything but have you discovered the skins/alpha settings? Took me months to realise those were there.

Like some of the guys above say there are alternatives but Titan's got such an established root in the interface community hardly anything else has as much utility catered to it

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Actually, there are more DataBroker plugins than there are Titan and Fubar plugins combined.

Now, admittedly, Titan includes a "wrapper" for DB plugins - sorta like the "Broker2Fubar"/"Fubar2Broker" addon. Basically, Titan can use both Titan-only plugins AND DataBroker plugins.

I prefer to use a "pure" DataBroker addon, however - no wrapper means less overhead. If you want a "bar" style, ChocolateBar and Bazooka are the two main bar-style DB displays, but there's also NinjaPanel. I use a "stickyblock" style DB display - Fortress - but you can also use StatBlockCore.

The nice part about DB addons is that any DB plugin works in EVERY DB Display addon, and it's easier to code a DB plugin for an addon than it is to code a Fubar or Titan plugin for your addon.

And a note about my comment that DB has more plugins than the other 2 combined - WoWInterface's "Info Panel" category lists 287 DataBroker plugins and displays (about 8-10 displays, the rest are plugins), 80 Fubar plugins, and 51 TitanPanel plugins. TitanPanel + Fubar = 131, which is less than half the number of DB plugins. :-)

TitanPanel and Fubar will likely never go completely away, but DataBroker is just a more supported (and far more customizable) solution.

Deleted
    FuBar!

Not really anything I can add except to agree with moving to a databroker display.
    Taryble has said more than I could have on the subject.

Feroxine
    I've always used Titan personally, although after viewing this thread I may give Bazooka and ChocolateBar a test run over the coming weeks.

I use StatBlockCore with associated broker plug-ins. From there set it to text, hide the icons, place transparency to zero, and stick it at the top of my UI.

Quote Originally Posted by pirate View Post
    fubar replaced titan panel over 3 years ago.
    Why state opinion as fact? I still use Titan, and Libdata plugins as well (which work in Titan panel).. so what's been replaced?

I think you mean "I decided to stop using Titan Panel three years ago."
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    The true measure of a person is how they act when they know they won't get caught.