Thread: Prot / Holy

Deleted

Prot / Holy

Hey guys,

I'm thinking about rerolling a paladin main i Cat, long time hunter and a short time dk blood tank main. Due to quite a lot of tanks in the guild I suggested going Holy main with prot as my offspec since i really dont like being melee dps. I wonder how that combo would fare both during the leveling and in the end game? I do realise not having a ret spec will be a downside for anything but group content, but will it be that bad?

This is for PVE only, PVP will be done on other chars.

Thanks in advance

10+ Year Old Account
    If you aren't concerned with rushing forward to 85 as fast as you possibly can, there really isn't that big a disadvantage to leveling as prot or holy. Both specs seem to be shaping up to be pretty solid in endgame raids from what I can tell.

Well, you could level mainly through dungeons either healing or tanking. Other than that, you don't have many options. Ret will always be faster at questing, though you can use prot to take down hard elite mobs for group quests. As for endgame, you will be very desirable, being both a healer and a tank. As long as you can do both fine, you should have no problem getting into groups/raids/guilds as holy/prot.
    After messing around for a few days on a premade, I am tempted to go holy myself, but only at 85.
    Last edited by 4KhazModan; 2010-11-13 at 08:51 AM.

Deleted
    I levelled the last expansion as prot mostly, with the odd holy for dungeons, it was fine. I took only a few hours longer than similar players than me in my guild, although was slower than the pure dps players who only ever do that job.

The one beneift which has already been mentioned was the ability to solo harder mobs, that was nice not having to rely on anyone. Other than that, I just played how I found fun, I wont get a server first, but I enjoy it rather than think of it as a drag.

So then with that thinking for prot and questing. The question is, whats better for 80-85 for questing? Ret or Prot?

Better or faster? Better is subjective. Faster is Ret.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

End game you would be very desired as prot or holy, but not as desired as a paladin who is holy/ret or prot/ret. Being able to switch from tank/heals to dps is much more useful than what is most of the time a set amount of tank and healers.