Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    i want fat , chain smoking , pron addicted npcs .. so i can feel normal

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    I'd rather not have "token" characters of any type if they're only there to be tokens.
    This.

Also, there are few black NPCs. I imagine this offends people. And what if they put in a few gay goblins? Would that denote that it's okay for goblins to be homosexual, but not anyone else? In a game where I (a straight man) play a lithe, sassy elf bitch, I feel the range of personal expression is...sufficient. On the server side, there will always be someone who feels left out.

I'm a lot more annoyed at the guild cap in Cata, since there are some large LGBT guilds. But I don't like to dwell on things that make me cranky. Know what I do like? Beer. It's delicious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjohnburger View Post
    news flash, there aren't tens of thousands of gays that play wow. you make it seem like the entire gay community plays wow, they don't
    sir there are over 8.8 million gay people in america alone... so yeah, its not a strech to think that 20,000 out of 12,000,000 people are gay! >.<
    idiot.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think this whole thing is ridiculous. The vast, and I mean VAST, majority of the npc's in WoW are basically eunuchs. They express no preference for a specific, hell they don't even express a desire for, sex. There are very, very few npc's with stated sexualities and relationships. Offhand, the only ones I can think of are Arthas and Jaina, and Mankrik and his wife ;P. Sure there are lots of marriages out there in WoW, but I'm equally sure there are lots of civil partnerships and same sex marriages, but is there really a need to shout about it from every street corner? The players far outnumber the NPC's, so I think it's more important that they represent themselves rather than asking for a token NPC to represent gays in WoW. What purpose would that serve? Sure you can argue that it would serve to acknowledge the gay community that plays WoW, but then again, so does a single charismatic player who gains a following and relatively high exposure within the gaming community. All it takes is one person to stand up and say, "Hey. I'm gay, and I play WoW. If you're a fellow WoW player who's gay, come hangout in my website/section of the forums and meet new people, swap ideas, tips and tricks and tell us about your experiences.". They don't even have to make it specifically for gays, they could just make another community/fan site that takes off. People just need to stop expecting things to be handed to them on a plate and work for it, because as the saying goes: Anything worth having is worth working for.

Quote Originally Posted by nailbomb View Post
    i want fat , chain smoking , pron addicted npcs .. so i can feel normal
    ^ this.

Seriously though, Christians would ban this game if there were gay NPC's, so I'm all for it. Anything to stick it to those creationist whackos is great by me.

"GOD MADE THRALL AND JAINA, NOT THRALL AND JAMAL"

lawl

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orcshaman24 View Post
    A straight person says that to deal with his own insecurties that maybe, just maybe, gay is as normal as straight and he can't deal with that fact?
    If you need NPCs in WoW to be "declared" homosexual or bisexual then clearly you aren't secure in your own sexuality. Why the fuck do you need Blizzard to say whether or not someone's hetro, homo or bi? You don't. You should be happy to have your own sexuality without needing a video game to say hey people are gay. You're gay, congratz to you. I'm glad for you, really I am but I don't care. I don't need to know that Rhonnin, despite having a wife, also likes the bromance. My interest in wow does not lie with the sexuality of the characters, but their personality and what happens to them, and in a way to my character. If you really need to show people you're gay then roll on a RP server and RP a gay character. Problem solved.

they have.. blood elf NPC's

Quote Originally Posted by nailbomb View Post
    i want fat, chain smoking, pron addicted npcs .. so i can feel normal
    Clearly, this is a legal issue that you need to take a serious look into. I hope that 20 threads pop up every week about this very important issue.

Quote Originally Posted by orcshaman24 View Post
    so what your basicly saying is a fantasy game should only have hetrosexual references in it because thats your own? right..

Like I said, didn't take long for the same dribble to come in.
    Troll harder... What's to say that most of the NPCs in wow aren't gay? Why do you have to have an NPC that is ridiculously stereotypically gay by being super flamboyant or something?

ib4 a bunch of straight people who live in prominently straight communities tell glbt people how easy life is because their life is easy and glbt people should just suck it up because it really isn't that hard

in regards to the article, players should just pick who they want to be their significant other in the goblin starting zone, doesnt seem like there should be any reason why they shouldn't be able to.

Quote Originally Posted by erotix View Post
    sir there are over 8.8 million gay people in america alone... so yeah, its not a strech to think that 20,000 out of 12,000,000 people are gay! >.<
    idiot.
    ya well there aren't that many. and when you say tens of thousands play wow you make it seem like way more than 20k. idiot

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between Nagrand and your dreams
    You know. To me, seeing two guys or two girls express affection to each other is normal. It is no more in your face then seeing a man and a woman hold hands together.

But I guess people can't deal with even seeing that. Funny, if I thought the same as people say 'it shouldn't be made public', the next man and woman I see holding hands, maybe I should go up to them and say 'can you not do that, it offends my sexual orientation'.

And the 'straight is the majority so its normal' is laughable. Black wasn't normal either decades before.
    "The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn."

Quote Originally Posted by sethers656 View Post
    We do not need representation of every sexual orientation/race/religion/anything. Blizz can make any NPCs they want and should not feel obligated to make any just because someone feeles "under-represented"
    Totally agree.

1. Lack of Gay NPCs Makes It Seem Normal to Be Straight
    Being straight IS normal. Sorry if that hurts anyones feelings, but it's the truth. Whoever wrote that is delusional if they believe that being gay is normal. That's fine if that's how you live your life, but you can't argue that something that a very small minority of the whole practice is "normal".

2. A Gay NPC Would Reflect a Significant Player Minority Group
    See the first quote. If we start trying to represent every group, there will be an uproar from every other group that feels they aren't represented. We really don't need that. I'd prefer Blizzard keeps things as vague and "normal" as possible.

"Stefan November 13, 2010 at 12:00 am

The amount of self-serving crap in this post makes me want to be sick. I’m gay and you’re just giving us a bad name. No one cares that we are gay, we are not special, we are not more important just because our sexual preference is different to what is conceived as normal. trying to get Gay people in computer games is a trivial waste of time, if you want to have a gay in WoW; Role Play them in. Blizzard don’t make gay people because it is unnecessary. Not because they don’t like you. Get over yourself."

^^^this^^^

10+ Year Old Account
    ya well there aren't that many. and when you say tens of thousands play wow you make it seem like way more than 20k. idiot
    do i really? maybe 30k i mean it has to be under 100k, and would you really be suprised if there were 100k gay people playing wow?
    does that scare you?

Have you conducted a survey of any sort? Do you have any solid numbers as to how many players are straight and how many are gay? No?

So I guess you're being pretentious as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between Nagrand and your dreams
    Quote Originally Posted by Fligahgigook View Post
    Troll harder... What's to say that most of the NPCs in wow aren't gay? Why do you have to have an NPC that is ridiculously stereotypically gay by being super flamboyant or something?
    This is my point right here ^

I guess when you think gay you think camp, flamboyent, over the top queen? Where as just a simple show of affections is all that would show it, but then I guess you can't think of something thats not a stereotype aye?
    "The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn."

Quote Originally Posted by Elir View Post
    Right, but it costs them nothing to through in a token gay NPC even. Why do fantasy worlds have be filled with exclusively heterosexual characters?
    Why don't fantasy worlds show an accountant filing his tax return? It would add nothing to the game, and isn't a token gay more deregotary? Whats the point? they stand in the corner and say "Hey guys, I'm gay" every 2 mins? I'm all for equality and crap but, cmon, theres a time, a place and im pretty sure a video game is neither.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtazey View Post
    The first reason fails on it's own, since being straight is normal, just as being gay is normal.
    and being gay isn't normal, a penis wasn't meant to go in an ass.

this post so far:

"WoW should have gay chars!"
    "No need for it, there is no need for blizz to represent every sexuality/race/religion etc"
    "OMFG! IM GAY AND IM SO OFENDED!! YOU CLEARLY HATE GAY PPL!"

Just shut the fuck up about this shit and enjoy the game.
    BoOoOoOmMmM!