Holy power UI lag.

I have noticed that there is a significant lag between the time we use and ability that grants holy power, and when we can actually use that holy power. When a rogue or druid gains combo points, they can use it almost immediately, but we have to wait a good 1-1.5 seconds to use holy power. Do you think this was intended? If so, why?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this on live or in the beta?

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    I have noticed that there is a significant lag between the time we use and ability that grants holy power, and when we can actually use that holy power. When a rogue or druid gains combo points, they can use it almost immediately, but we have to wait a good 1-1.5 seconds to use holy power. Do you think this was intended? If so, why?
    I haven't experienced this issue. Network lag perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    Is this on live or in the beta?
    Actually, on the ptr.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've not noticed this on Live, PTR, or Beta. Are you noticing this constantly? Or was it maybe an isolated period of higher than normal latency?

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, on the ptr.
    Well, assuming PTR has the same bugs beta does, HP is acting really weird right now, so what you're experiencing is probably a symptom of how buggy it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    working as intended i belive. ill give an example: your a holy paladin and you're healing the tank with a standard holy shock, HL HL WG rotation, shit happens and you suddenly have to use DL on the tank so you switch to HS DL DL DL tank is at full health a DPS is under 70%, you use WoG on the DPS, HOWEVER that HS DL DL DL you just cast on the tank gives you 4 holy power and the max is three, so that 1-2 second window gives you enough time to dump HoPo if you want with out wasting the 4th

Quote Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
    I've not noticed this on Live, PTR, or Beta. Are you noticing this constantly? Or was it maybe an isolated period of higher than normal latency?
    All the time

---------- Post added 2010-11-15 at 02:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ridesdel View Post
    working as intended i belive. ill give an example: your a holy paladin and you're healing the tank with a standard holy shock, HL HL WG rotation, shit happens and you suddenly have to use DL on the tank so you switch to HS DL DL DL tank is at full health a DPS is under 70%, you use WoG on the DPS, HOWEVER that HS DL DL DL you just cast on the tank gives you 4 holy power and the max is three, so that 1-2 second window gives you enough time to dump HoPo if you want with out wasting the 4th
    What about if you HAVE to have a full power WoG right after that 2nd HL on your beacon target. You have to wait to use WoG so you can get that last holy power, which should have already been there.

The UI being updated is laggy but the server will accept HP abilities as soon as the action which gave the Holy Power goes through

Its annoying but it just means you have to ignore the UI and makes RNG procs that much more annoying

What about if you HAVE to have a full power WoG right after that 2nd HL on your beacon target. You have to wait to use WoG so you can get that last holy power, which should have already been there.
    No it shouldn't. When you chain a cast time spell with an instant, the instant is cast before the effect of the previous spell is processed.

I think it's just the interface that doesn't show it immediatly, although the action has been processed and thus giving you the holy power. If you're using an addon it might just be a slow refresh rate on the addon itself.

I've noticed this, too.

As others have said, the server recognizes your new HP immediately, so if you manually watch for spells that you know are going to generate HP, you can go ahead and fire them off early. But you are correct that the interface is slow to receive and display the new HP, sometimes by as much as 500-750ms, even on a network speed of <150ms.

10+ Year Old Account
    I notice it a bit, but usually it is updated by the time my GCD finished so it does not bother me much. I should note this is only a Holy prospective.

My experience on live had been that there was a LOT of lag with HP generation, particularly bad when using Tower of Radiance, ie. any spell with a cast time. As of 2 weeks ago much of the lag had been reduced, from my point of view, so that now casting Holy Shock will generate the HP in the UI before the GCD is finished, which is a mighty improvement. However, after some testing, if I use HS-DL-DL-WoG if I'm too quick with WoG it will spend the 2HP before the 3rd HP appears both client-side AND server side. I've found that if I want my WoG to use that 3rd HP, I need to use a rotation of HS-DL-DL-0.5sec-WoG.
    Last edited by Sagittaron; 2010-11-16 at 05:24 AM.

Using Power Aura's to track Holy Power, Power Aura's is picking it up from the combat log before the actual Holy Power bar is updating. But on the flip side, my fiance has the same setup and her UI displays Holy Power before Power Aura's does. I don't recall the frequency, but server lag could be the culprit.
    Raid Leading - it's the next best thing to playing every class and spec, you just can't push the buttons or move the mouse. That's why they die.