15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Gin no Saji where

stupid slow subs
    It's split cour... first cour ended last week, second cour is in January...

15+ Year Old Account
    Gatchaman Crowds - Amazing show... meh ending. The ending was still pretty good, but I expected more. I mean OD died, right? Don't even see a reaction from anyone. And Hajime and Katze are now one? What? I don't even know what happened. The series itself was full of this stuff, though. It felt disconnected or something... nothing really made much sense. And I'm not talking Lain type of 'doesn't make any sense', it just was a jumbled mess.

At the same time, it is amazing. The OST is definitely OST of the season. It doesn't have a very deep plot or complex characters, it's just a 'feel good' anime. All the scenes where people were working together to help one another just made me feel good inside. And I'd just like to note: Miyano Mamoru did an amazing job with Katze. He is already my favourite seiyuu, but his role as Katze was pure perfection.

This would be my AOTS if not for Kamisama. Both Gatchaman Crowds and Kamisama have problems, and overall Gatchaman probably was better, but Kamisama just wins it out because of the first and last arc (especially the first).

Dangan Ronpa - Ending was as over the top as the game, of course. Was laughing so hard at Naegi shooting hope bullets at everyone.

But of course, shitty adaption is shitty. Should have went more indepth with Mukuro's despair filled death, and how despair filled the someone would have been had they killed and got away with it, only to find out the people were their friends and that the world was in despair. I guess the adaption was just bad as it did not have enough despair.

Excited for second season. Probably will finish the lets play of the second game before I watch the anime though, as it will likely be another shitty adaption.

C3-bu - Only thing I can say is this show was shit. It could have ended amazingly had they continued the Yura going crazy route, but they didn't. Episode 12 was horrible... it went from Yura being all depressed to fun and games, it didn't even feel like the same show. Too much hope, not enough despair.

Though to be fair, episode 13 was pretty good. It should have either had that mood the entire series, or stayed drama filled. No switching between the two like it was nothing. Moe Rin is so good.
    Last edited by Sesto; 2013-09-27 at 10:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    reading titan manga from chapter 1 in preparation for last episode tomorrow to see what the complaints are about. currently up to annie's first appearance

15+ Year Old Account
    Well got to the timeskip in Gurren Lagann.

Really interesting to see things change, but holy shit Rossiu pisses me off. In Code Geass when a similar thing happened I hated it, but this is on a whole different level. It just pisses me off to see stuff like this happen. Fuck I wish someone who punch that guy in the face.

No one likes Rossiou, but he is the practical person. Just the whole anime is about being impractical.

I'm going to miss Love Lab. That was such a great show. I know it's unlikely, but I really hope it gets a second season.

Watching Fairy Tail + Shingeki No Kyojin. Pretty nice.

Anyways, two questions.
    1.How can I get into anime's that are..well, too long for me to watch (say like, One Piece or Naruto, they've been going on for a -long- time)
    2. Anyone know some comedic animes? Gonna watch "Devil is a part-timer" now (I've watched quite alot of 1 season wonders. <.<. Hope this gets a 2nd one)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Well got to the timeskip in Gurren Lagann.

Really interesting to see things change, but holy shit Rossiu pisses me off. In Code Geass when a similar thing happened I hated it, but this is on a whole different level. It just pisses me off to see stuff like this happen. Fuck I wish someone who punch that guy in the face.
    I fucking -despised- the timeskip in Gurren Lagann. I watched the last 15 episodes of that anime with bitter and disgust, I feel it absolutely butchered the characters I spent 13-15 episodes loving.
    Last edited by The Jester; 2013-09-28 at 07:07 AM.
    New season. Fun times.

" Who would of thought a small kid from Aberdeen, Washington, who was always labelled a B+ player, who would of thought that guy could of main evented Wrestlemania? Nobody. Nobody except ...you guys."

Quote Originally Posted by Yosuke View Post

Anyways, two questions.
    1.How can I get into anime's that are..well, too long for me to watch (say like, One Piece or Naruto, they've been going on for a -long- time)
    naruto you can skip lots of episodes, follow this guide: http://www.narutohq.com/naruto-shippuden-fillers.php
    That being said, the show is like 10+ years old so there is a shit ton of episodes.

I'm sure you can find a similar guide for One Piece. Although I always hear One Piece has less filler and/or the filler is better.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    naruto you can skip lots of episodes, follow this guide: http://www.narutohq.com/naruto-shippuden-fillers.php
    That being said, the show is like 10+ years old so there is a shit ton of episodes.

I'm sure you can find a similar guide for One Piece. Although I always hear One Piece has less filler and/or the filler is better.
    Right, thanks

10+ Year Old Account

Anyways, two questions.
    2. Anyone know some comedic animes? Gonna watch "Devil is a part-timer" now (I've watched quite alot of 1 season wonders. <.<. Hope this gets a 2nd one)

- - - Updated - - -

I fucking -despised- the timeskip in Gurren Lagann. I watched the last 15 episodes of that anime with bitter and disgust, I feel it absolutely butchered the characters I spent 13-15 episodes loving.
    1. Do it like most of us in this thread and don't even bother. Watch more smaller better shows. We can list off loads.
    2. Hataraku Maou-Sama! (Devil Is A Part-Timer) is amazing and worth the watch. I also recommend -

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai
    Chobits
    Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko.
    Inu x Boku SS (Romance Comedy)
    Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
    Sora no Otoshimono
    Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.
    Yuru Yuri

If that list is too much I'd narrow it down to:
    Boku wa Tomodachi (High School comedy)
    Sora no Otoshimono (Ecchi comedy)
    Yahari Ore (Sadistic High School comedy)
    Yuru Yuri (Middle school moe over the top comedy)
    Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita (Super Sadistic post apocalyptic what-the-fuck-is-going-on comedy)
    Last edited by Zatheyll; 2013-09-28 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    1. Do it like most of us in this thread and don't even bother. Watch more smaller better shows. We can list off loads.
    100% matter of opinion. I hate watching "smaller better shows" that have a bullshit ending because the manga is ongoing so they just randomly end.

10+ Year Old Account
    100% matter of opinion. I hate watching "smaller better shows" that have a bullshit ending because the manga is ongoing so they just randomly end.
    Implying anything based off of a manga is decent.

Go Light Novel or Visual Novel, or even better. Anime original.

insert Light Novel or Visual Novel for manga
    >still implying your opinion is better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes.

Yes it is.

Every season most of the shows that fail are based off of manga and most of the shows that succeed (in many ways) are based off of LN's and VN's or are original.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright firstly, Agree 100%
    Secondly, Don't talk to Zatheyll about anything anime related ever he is my roommate and also is most likely the worst person on earth.

K Done

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokedex View Post
    Secondly, Don't talk to Zatheyll about anything anime related ever he is my roommate and also is most likely the worst person on earth.

K Done
    Pls.

You're the one that thought DBZ movie had better animation than Fate/Zero.

It's him! lol.

Anyways, two questions.
    Just power through One Piece. If you liked Fairy Tail, you'll probably like One Piece. Give it a while though if you do watch it. It takes quite a bit before it gets really good, but then it just gets better and better. And like bals said, Naruto is half filler half canon so the episode count is a lot lower if you skip the filler.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Pls.

You're the one that thought DBZ movie had better animation than Fate/Zero.

I compared but I never said that DBZ' was better.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokedex View Post

K Done
    Is it true that you love Naruto, DBZ, Chuunibyou, and Inuyasha and think SSY is super boring? Surely you can try harder than that. Your tastes are basically Gaia/Facebook tier.