Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    http://kotaku.com/the-five-best-anim...-anime-of-2013

Wow, I don't know what to think of this list...

Especially all the people wondering why KlK isn't on there when it isn't even finished airing, and someone even said their favorite 3 shows from this year were... "Titan, Galilei Donna, and Kyoukai no Kanata". Oh god.
    It's Kotaku. Enough is said there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    To be frank neither Fate nor Heaven's Feel got animated. Sure, F/SN anime took the most from Fate, but it was nowhere near faithful enough to call it Fate adaptation.

I have to agree that Heaven's Feel would be the best follow-up to Fate/Zero, though. Both other routes abandon Sakura, who played a heavy role in F/Zero, so it would feel out of place.
    I don't think you can really say Fate didn't get adapted. The anime did adapt Fate, they just threw in an extra plot point into the mix. It has all the events of Fate with the only real alteration being Caster's involvement in the war being extended by throwing in Sakura. Everything else was basically the same. It just isn't different enough for me to not see it as an adaption of the Fate route.

That said, HF definitely is the best follow up. Rin/Sakura relationship, Ilya/Kiritsugu/Shirou relationship, Zouken, Kirei's reason for existence; all of these things are barely touched on in the other routes, despite the fact that they are kinda important after Fate/Zero, and not really things you can ignore.

The PV does say '2nd generation children', so hopefully it does end up being HF. I'm not even that big a fan of Sakura but basically all other characters (except the Servants) have much better development in HF then the rest of the routes. Even Rin who is supposed to be the heroine of UBW is developed better in HF.

Quote Originally Posted by wormslut View Post
    That beautiful animation, oh my god so much hype.

1) The series must have finished its run in 2013. This means that still airing shows like Kill la Kill are not eligible, but 26-episode anime that started in fall 2012 are.
    Ah, ok. I didn't see that. That makes this list even worse for me lol. There's a serious lack of Shin Sekai Yori and Zetsuen no Temptest if they're including shows that ended in 2013 as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    I don't think you can really say Fate didn't get adapted. The anime did adapt Fate, they just threw in an extra plot point into the mix. It has all the events of Fate with the only real alteration being Caster's involvement in the war being extended by throwing in Sakura. Everything else was basically the same. It just isn't different enough for me to not see it as an adaption of the Fate route.
    In all honesty, I do not remember the anime well. I watched it a long, long time ago and after reading the VN several times over I have never felt the need to return to it. I'll elect to believe you on the word here. ;P
    That said, HF definitely is the best follow up. Rin/Sakura relationship, Ilya/Kiritsugu/Shirou relationship, Zouken, Kirei's reason for existence; all of these things are barely touched on in the other routes, despite the fact that they are kinda important after Fate/Zero, and not really things you can ignore.

The PV does say '2nd generation children', so hopefully it does end up being HF. I'm not even that big a fan of Sakura but basically all other characters (except the Servants) have much better development in HF then the rest of the routes. Even Rin who is supposed to be the heroine of UBW is developed better in HF.
    I'm not a fan of Sakura either (<3 Rin), but no one gets shafted like Sakura does - in more than one way. Leaving her hanging, like all other routes do, just leaves a sour aftertaste.
    Last edited by mmocab3a46fee3; 2013-12-27 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Ah, ok. I didn't see that. That makes this list even worse for me lol. There's a serious lack of Shin Sekai Yori and Zetsuen no Temptest if they're including shows that ended in 2013 as well.
    And Jojo, don't forget Jojo. )))):
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I'm not a fan of Sakura either (<3 Rin), but no one gets shafted like Sakura does - in more than one way. Leaving her hanging, like all other routes do, just leaves a sour aftertaste.
    I never understood the following for Rin, just your typical tsundere a shit. I don't care much for Sakura either (what she did to my husbando was unforgivable) ;__; ... but I can't bring myself to hate her. Just knowing all the shit she had to go through, it's no wonder she's as fucked up as she is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nagi - Wow, that episode was beautiful. You rarely see such an emotional episode. The singing at the start of the ceremony was -amazing- and I started getting shivers down my spine when the pier started cracking.

15+ Year Old Account
    Have Nichijou, Gankutsuou, and Spice and Wolf downloaded. Still currently rewatching Haruhi, but which of these should I start next?

15+ Year Old Account
    rewatching hataraku maou sama. because fuck it, everyone needs a good laugh

Have Nichijou, Gankutsuou, and Spice and Wolf downloaded. Still currently rewatching Haruhi, but which of these should I start next?
    Spice and Wolf and then Gankutsuou.

Deleted
    If you want a laugh, Nichijou, want something more serious then Spice and Wolf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spice and Wolf and then Gankutsuou.
    >fully ignoring Nichijou

- - - Updated - - -

Now that the season is pretty much officially over let's do another top 3 one-cour or two cour that finished/top 3 two-cour currently ongoing/top 3 overall. (I know, lots of top threes!)

Top 3 One-Cour/Two Cour finished:
    Monogatari
    Outbreak Company
    Non Non

Top 3 Two-Cour Currently Ongoing:
    Tokyo Ravens
    Log Horizon
    Nagi no Asukara

Top 3 Together:
    Monogatari
    Tokyo Ravens
    Log Horizon

It feels to me a lot of the one cour this season really failed. Some failed from the beginning and others started out strong and failed later on. My favorite earlier on aren't even close to my favorites now and a lot of the two cours this season weren't any close and now it seems almost all the two cours are absolutely excellent.

>fully ignoring Nichijou
    Haven't seen it lol.

Now that the season is pretty much officially over let's do another top 3

Top 3 One Cour/Two Cour finished (There only is one finished two cour, really. I doubt anyone is watching Gifu here lol. Maybe Kingdom, but I haven't seen anyone talk about it.)

1. Outbreak Company
    2. Valvrave (I guess this counts?)
    3. Monogatari

Honorable mentions to White Album 2 and Non Non Biyori

Top 3 Two-Cour Currently ongoing

1. Golden Time
    2. Magi
    3. Nagi no Asukara

Honorable mentions to Log Horizon

Top 3 Overall

1. Outbreak Company
    2. Golden Time
    3. Magi

It feels to me a lot of the one cour this season really failed. Some failed from the beginning and others started out strong and failed later on. My favorite earlier on aren't even close to my favorites now and a lot of the two cours this season weren't any close and now it seems almost all the two cours are absolutely excellent.

Definitely. As a whole, Fall season was pretty lackluster. We had good shows, but nothing that was really great, aside from maybe Outbreak Company, which barely reached that mark for me. I picked a shitty time to start following currently airing anime last Fall lol. It just set the bar too high, and every season since then hasn't even come close in comparison.

Deleted
    Haven't seen it lol.
    You better go watch it then, it is fucking beautiful.

Now that the season is pretty much officially over let's do another top 3 one-cour or two cour that finished/top 3 two-cour currently ongoing/top 3 overall. (I know, lots of top threes!)
    Monogatari
    Kyousou Giga
    Yuusibu

Log Horizon
    Nagi no Asukara
    Tokyo Ravens

Top 3 Together:
    Monogatari
    Log Horizon
    Kyousou Giga

It is a shame some good shows had such terrible endings. Kyoukai no Kanata was great, up until the last episode. Ars Nova was also good, but needed another season to really finish it. Even IS2, Valvrave and Galilei Donna, shows I wasn't too interested in but still watched, ended in disappointment. Truly a season of bad endings.

15+ Year Old Account
    top 2 finished (1/2 cour) (i don't really have a third)
    Outbreak Company
    Valvrave

top 3 continuations
    Tokyo Ravens
    Strike the Blood
    Log Horizon

Top 3 Overall
    Outbreak
    Strike the blood
    Log Horizon

in no order.

Deleted
    Just finished watching Ars Nova. It was excellent with a very good ending too.

Log Horizon is developing extremely well!

15+ Year Old Account
    Monogatari
    Outbreak Company
    Non Non Biyori

Samurai Flamenco
    Log Horizon
    Golden Time

Top 3 Together:
    Monogatari
    Non Non Biyori
    Log Horizon

I hear Date a Live is getting another season.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    you heard correctly...forget when though