Quote Originally Posted by Last Order View Post
    It's totally over 9000.
    Yet that was mistranslated and the manga said it's over 8000 LOL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    most dubs are horrible. plain and simple.
    The only good dub I can think of is Cowboy Bebop.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yami View Post
    Yet that was mistranslated and the manga said it's over 8000 LOL
    Much translation skills, such dub, very bad.

The only good dub I can think of is Cowboy Bebop.
    Big O was a good dub too.

Chelly

Mmmmmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Nonon View Post
    [IMG]http://24.media.tumblr.com/16098a5694b601d3ae721f87d8111782/tumblr_mu1qd32V5P1qa94xto1_500.gif[IMG]

Mmmmmmmmmm
    That hair and skirt remind me of someone!
    is it Yukinoshita, Yukino?

Yes. 10 char

Chelly
    Yeah .

Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Yahari needs a second season. That show was great.
    That looks like a nice, good, plot-filled anime.

*Adds to the list*

Also daily dose of Nyanpasu!

15+ Year Old Account
    yukino yukinoshita is amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah I've seen denpa onna.
    Pls I see how it is.

Fine go watch Nagi no Asukara.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    I've been doing the same thing. For one of them, the second I think, I didn't even have the minimum amount of votes, so I just went back and voted for ones I recognized from people's avatars and sigs.
    Haven't gone anywhere close to that. Most of them I want to vote for more, and the only times I've abstained I knew enough to vote for a character but I really didn't like said character.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lightcaller View Post
    Looks like I have the next month or so of anime planned out now. Code Geass, Spice and Wolf II, Railgun, Haruhi, and Hanasaku Iroha just to start off with, in addition to the currently airing shows. I should be able to keep up with everything.

I was a bit worried I would run out of space, with everything I'm downloading, but I guess I got lucky. The HDD I ordered yesterday arrived this morning, so now I have plenty of space again. 2 TB should last a little while at least.
    That's a pretty great list.

I'll do lead offs if you like said shows:

Code Geass > Guilty Crown / Valvrave (Same creators, Guilty Crown is most like Code Geass)

Railgun > Index (To be honest, I recommend watching it in airing order. Index S1 > Railgun S1 > Index S2 > Railgun S2 > Movie)

Hanasaku Iroha > Nagi no Asukara

- - - Updated - - -

I actually prefer Railgun to Index, does this make me strange?
    Most people do, but I've transcended that and view everything as one story so it doesn't matter what comes next. To be honest I'm more excited for Index S3 than Railgun S2. Despite Index not being as good as Railgun, first two seasons wise, J.C. Staff has put pretty much their entire studio behind their money making powerhouse and have considerably upped the animation and storyboard, just from seeing the Index movie.

Currently reading Index LN, up to date with Railgun manga and Accelerator manga, and up to date on all the animation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Finally got more stuff in the mail. Sweet.

The TypeMoon-Ace came with some sort of Fate/ card game... even came with some sort of playmat.

While looking through the Fate/Complete Material I saw this picture. I'm really damn glad they didn't go with that green colour scheme, oh god that is bad. The blue one is pretty good, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    I liked Railgun better, too. Though I've only seen the first 12 episodes of Index.
    The first season of Index is almost painful to watch. The animation is terrible and the story is lacking. To be honest Index doesn't get good animation/story wise until the end of season 2. I think there is where J.C. Staff decided to focus everything on Raildex's money train and went into overdrive with Railgun S2 and the movie.

So funny thing I've discovered while reading on some stuff on the Fate wiki.

You guys remember how tall Archer seemed compared to everyone else, right? Well, according to a few sources, he's about 187 cm tall, which is about 6' 1". The MC is slightly based off myself, so he's got my height and weight, and I'm 6' 3", which means as huge as he looked compared to them, I'd be even taller.

Saber is barely breaking 5 feet, Rin is almost 5'3", and Shirou isn't much better at a whopping 5'6" (makes me wonder how he grew another half a foot later in life before he became a Counter Guardian). What's truly scary is Berserker, standing at a godly 8'4" (pun intended).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Even the AnimeOriginal stuff is not half-bad in Railgun - and S2 adapted the Sisters brilliantly.
    If I've heard correctly (can't confirm though, yet) all the "anime original" stuff in Railgun actually isn't anime original. It just took the stories from the Railgun SS light novels and animated those, all of it written by Kazuma Kamachi. The only arc that's truly original is the last arc in Season 2.

- - - Updated - - -

So no JoJo fans I take it then huh?
    Diggu is banned and I haven't finished S1 yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    I think I might actually start Psycho-Pass. It looks good.
    Do it. Anything Urobuchi is good.

Don't expect completion though, because a second season and movie are coming.

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    the odds are if its a long running anime i haven't or won't watch it.
    It's only 26 episodes. Don't bother with any OVA's that have come before it.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure if you've all heard, but Funimation is premiering the English dub of AoT at Anime Boston. They haven't released a cast list yet, but it'll be released soon.

I'm interested.
    Time for ear rape?

Time for ear rape.

"If you die in game, you die in real life!"

- - - Updated - - -

It's totally over 9000. I think most people in this thread are too used to hearing anime in Japanese anyway so it's kinda weird to hear it in English.
    A lot of dubs are legitimately bad. They have a small pool of the same 20 people voicing everything and they have little talent.

If Funi could afford actual good VA's it'd be so much better.

For example, I can still watch Ghibli dubbed because Disney, and I watch loads of American animated movies. (Though I'd rather watch Ghibli in Japanese because I'm one for watching it in the language it comes in, regardless of what language it is. If it's French then I'll watch it in French)

Chelly
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post

Don't expect completion though, because a second season and movie are coming.
    Do expect ED and OP of the year.

10+ Year Old Account
    That looks like a nice, good, plot-filled anime.

*Adds to the list*
    Don't expect an ecchi since it's not one, it's a romcom.

It does have some of the best MC's in anime history and an excellent story though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    A lot of dubs are legitimately bad. They have a small pool of the same 20 people voicing everything and they have little talent.

If Funi could afford actual good VA's it'd be so much better.

For example, I can still watch Ghibli dubbed because Disney, and I watch loads of American animated movies. (Though I'd rather watch Ghibli in Japanese because I'm one for watching it in the language it comes in, regardless of what language it is. If it's French then I'll watch it in French)
    JUST LIKE GAMES! The industries have so much in common. Maybe Funimation should hire Jennifer Hale to do one of her three voices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do expect ED and OP of the year.
    Yeah, all 4 of them are brilliant.