Quote Originally Posted by Thes View Post
    And I tried to watch Ga-Rei Zero. Couldn't get past 4th episode, school girls killing demons with katanas ain't my thing; story is about as thin as air. 1st episode was quite cool though.
    Iv only watched the first episode and i wish they didnt kill off the first group it showed i get attached to them and then bam all killed at once

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    Iv only watched the first episode and i wish they didnt kill off the first group it showed i get attached to them and then bam all killed at once
    The idea is that everyone dies in the first 2 episodes and then the show jumps few years back in time.

I just fell in love with "Juuni Kokki" a.k.a. The Twelve Kingdoms.

After finishing 'Saber Marionette J' it's a nice change to have a more "mature" story.

Next up after Juuni Kokki will be Gintama.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gintama!!! I am behind, I need to catch up. I hear it is wicked awesome right now too.

you know i just remembered something about the 2nd Gurren Lagann Movie

SPOILER

i have read in many sites that people keep saying that TTGL or STTGL is the strongest mecha ever tho in the movie TTGL got ROLF stomped and STTGL fails to break the Super Granzeboma's Drill. Then it downgrades to Gurren Lagann which did what its larger forms couldn't do then it got taken out also.

10+ Year Old Account
    @shishca People also tend to forget Eva unit 1 the Rahxephon Zinv/Idol/Genbu and Megas. Those of course are just SOME mechs with full on reality altering powers well that or in three case of Megas just give it what the hell ever looks cool syndrome.

Holy crap, shit just got real on Steins;gate. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Holy crap, shit just got real on Steins;gate. >.>
    O theres episode 12 today
    Cant wait to watch it tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    O theres episode 12 today
    Cant wait to watch it tonight!
    Yup! I watched it as soon as possible, didn't disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Yup! I watched it as soon as possible, didn't disappoint.

Im at work right now so i cant watch it, and i watch my shows before i go to bed

speaking of Eva ive read that Kaworu is some sort of Time Lord, they say it is hinted in the anime, movies, and the games that he is the exact same Kaworu, and remembers events from all timelines he has experienced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shishca View Post
    speaking of Eva ive read that Kaworu is some sort of Time Lord
    Silly Shishca, Timelords are for Brits!

Quote Originally Posted by Darios View Post
    Silly Shishca, Timelords are for Brits!
    their words not mine, i just go on what i read

and look what i found

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFjZG...eature=related

i can already can tell that Ryoma and Kamina will be such great buddies

skip for 3:30 for 2 of Kamina attacks that many fanboys wet themselves plus the Combination Attack
    Last edited by Shishca; 2011-06-22 at 05:37 AM.

Just watched Steins gate :O wtb more episodes now!

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Aye I too just watched Steins;Gate. Seven days is too long of a wait for the next episode ya know? /sigh.

lol ill defs be switching to rightstuff..playtech gave me anime with no audio...like srsly thats so bad hehehe

***SPOILERS FOR THE LAST EXILE***

Okay, so finished this series while MMO-champ was down and more than a review, I have a few questions for those who may have gotten it better than I:

a) Did they ever explain why Alvis was special? Or it just an anime trope at this point that the secrets of the universe can be found in little girls?

b) I didn't understand the fall of Disith. They showed the rockets taking off...then falling back to the ground and next episode they're talking about how Disith froze over. Did I miss something earlier in the plot that explained the world's weather system was falling apart, because Anatoray talks about how they're going to experience withering heat soon. They vaguely implicated the Guild in weather control, but didn't seem to move beyond that.

c) So...what did the Exile actually do? According to Wikipedia it was able to take people to a new place without suffering, but as far as I could tell it just dispersed the Grand Stream and made the world more habitable (Disith appeared to be melting in the end credits). Did it do anything else with its new fancy self or just make the world a better place and take off?

d) Why in the heck did Sophia kiss Claus? This was perhaps the most mystifying thing to me. A 30-something woman/XO/empress randomly lets her hair down and kisses a 15 year old kid. I could understand Tatiana, Alis, or even Lavie kissing him. But Sophia? I feel like I totally missed the significance of that particular move.

Other than that, the anime was fairly enjoyable. Lots of attention to nautical detail (the terminology, the soundings, the various sites, navigation markers, etc) as well as how they dealt with problems such as not having radio really helped add to the world. I always appreciate it also when more than just the protagonist is important; Claus was a mediocre combat pilot, was supported by a fleet in the end, etc (rather than Claus flying solo up to the Exile, firing a torpedo down its exhaust shaft, and blowing it up). Also Alex Row's revenge on Maestro Delphine was totally unexpected but extremely satisfying to watch him overcome the rose thorns long enough to snap her neck.

god damn i had a argument with a TTGL fanboy while MMO was down
    the guy says stuff in the anime and movie that didn't even happen or is false... each time i correct him he keeps making up s**t

sorry about the angry rant its been stressful the past few days

on other news theres gonna be a Mobile Suit Gundam The Origin anime adaptation

and i found this

god dammit bandai make a model of the Monoeye Gundam!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    First off Dog Days is over and I already want more. Was a very fun series and I hope it gets a sequel.

Now as for the Last Exile bit. It's been YEARS since I last saw it but if I recall right the exile was actually the ship that brought them to that planet similar to Zoids in that humans weren't native to the planet. Another thing is the chick who kissed Clause was insane from the get go if I recall right. Though not like it matters to me age is more a state of mind than a number especially in anime. But yeah it's one of the slightly more cerebral series really should buy it soon.

---------- Post added 2011-06-26 at 04:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shishca View Post
    god damn i had a argument with a TTGL fanboy while MMO was downthe guy says stuff in the anime and movie that didn't even happen or is false... each time i correct him he keeps making up s**tsorry about the angry rant its been stressful the past few days on other news theres gonna be a Mobile Suit Gundam The Origin anime adaptationand i found this god dammit bandai make a model of the Monoeye Gundam!!!
    LOL yeah TTGL fanboys are nuts In some ways even worse than Eva fanboys. I like to mess with em by bringing up tench who as we all should know is a god to GODS. Course them they try and say that the guys from TTGL could make universes when in reality that was the anti spirals NOT the main characters who did that. Heh fanboys are both fun and annoying as hell.

Oh and an addon to my last exile post one wonders if that planet wasn't meant to be an australia of space? I mean the ship WAS named exile pretty good name for a prison ship.

MM yeah and about Gundam The Origin heard about that one as well gonna be interesting and is it just me or are they splitting the series between Super Robot fans and Real Robot fans.
    Last edited by Sorrior; 2011-06-26 at 04:31 PM. Reason: BLOODY I PHONE

I love Steins;Gate. It just has a unique mix of comedy, mystery, and suspense all mushed together in a squishy ball of timey wimey wibbly wobbly... stuff!

I wish I could find another anime like this to pass the time between episodes. Going to try Ergo Proxy soon, I hope it's good.
    Last edited by jishdefish; 2011-06-26 at 05:45 PM.
    Stabby stab stab.
    Avatar courtesy of Kelly Aarons of woweh.com