10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Parablius View Post
    about Toradora...
    it's intended for different persons to like or feel with different characters. that's part of what makes deep anime characters after all. if there's just "the girl everyone likes", "the girl nobody likes" and "the others" then that's not really interesting character design^^

i don't really like Kawashima's attitude, although i do feel with her every now and then.
    and i really like Kushieda, although she tends to overreact a little, both with negative and positive emotions.
    regardless, they both are strong characters (and Taiga too btw).

Quote Originally Posted by Zalënë View Post
    Btw Sy, I'd love if you made
    <-- "this"(dunno what to say... Ichigo's Hollowed part?) into a more chistmas-y themed. I'll give you a /kiss for it!
    hmm, i'll try if you tell me some details you'd like. it's way easier with a cute girl as avatar^^

Deleted
    Fairy Tail

I cannot say this enough. :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    hmm, i'll try if you tell me some details you'd like. it's way easier with a cute girl as avatar^^
    So.. Do you have any other Draenei female avatars which you don't use? If so, I'd like one with a christmas theme!
    Would love one which looks like yours (so cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute!!)
    Last edited by Sesshomaru; 2010-12-03 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Hate typos, since I'm a grammar nazi.. :D

10+ Year Old Account
    So.. Do you have any other Draenei female avatars which you don't use? If so, I'd like one with a christmas theme!
    Would love one which looks like yours (so cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute!!)
    i don't "have" one, but i'm working on it

edit:
    done.

one with christmas thingies, one without.

tell me if you'd like something changed. making a new avatar (or anything else in ps) still takes a long time for me, but changing details is done in no time.

original artwork, by hopeless-breakdown (she did the original artwork i used for my own avatar too):

moving on, does anyone know Bakemonogatari?
    i'm currently watching it and it's.. weird^^
    Last edited by Sy; 2010-12-04 at 03:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    nope havent heard about that one, how is it weird?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Senedra View Post
    nope havent heard about that one, how is it weird?
    the story is weird (there are ghost, vampires, gods, spirits and all kinds of esoteric stuff) but the main characters are normal high school people. and unlike most shounen animes, it's rather normal for them and there isn't any action. it's just hard to follow.

and the animation style is really unique. it's pretty arty and the perspective and the like changes very fast, even if they are just talking. hard to describe.
    Bakemonogatari AMV Prelude <-- may give an expression of what i'm talking about. and yes the panty shot right at the beginning is odd^^

10+ Year Old Account
    and the animation style is really unique. it's pretty arty and the perspective and the like changes very fast, even if they are just talking. hard to describe.
    Bakemonogatari AMV Prelude <-- may give an expression of what i'm talking about. and yes the panty shot right at the beginning is odd^^
    Friends of mine have been recommending for a while, was a little interested. That video made it look pretty cool too, but just how good is it? (And be good I mean immersive/entertaining/arresting) Also someone mentioned Soul Eater, is that on the higher end of the spectrum or is it sort of like one of those shonen that you just watch?

---------- Post added 2010-12-04 at 11:47 AM ----------

Oh and finished Toradora!!
    The ending was fantastically cute! And now I think I may have to watch another sort of romance anime : /
    Any good follow-ups?
    "If at first you don't succeed, you really need to quit this game."
    -Judic

Well then, this is way too long for me to read the entire thread up until now, but I'm gonna put out a few anime that I thought were really entertaining. This is a fraction of my list. ;D I'm not gonna give any real summaries, just little descriptions of what I thought about it and the general like. Some of these are lesser known ones, but if you haven't seen them I'd recommend them greatly.

Tales of the abyss: This is one of the many "tales" series/games, but the only one I really enjoyed. It's pretty much a full on adventure type with a great story.

Jungle wa itsumo Hale nochi Guu: This is one of my favorite random comedies ever. It's... crazy weird.

Heroman: I thought this would be terrible with the description it gave. Kind of Mecha and it's an anime that actually takes place in the U.S.

Shiki: I also thought this one wouldn't be too good, but it suprisingly was. Though it's still ongoing and not complete. It's kind of a mystery/horror story, so if death and blood and stuff bothers you, I'd avoid it. Otherwise it's REALLY interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    I agree, altho I wouldn't really call it mystery since it's fairly easy to understand what the culprits are
    True, but that's later on, at the start it's more... mysterious..ish. ;D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Parablius View Post
    Friends of mine have been recommending for a while, was a little interested. That video made it look pretty cool too, but just how good is it? (And be good I mean immersive/entertaining/arresting)
    i've only watched four episodes myself yet.
    i like it, although the very fast changing perspectives and varying arty scenes and pictures are a bit overdone imo (although they are very well made), especially when you need to read subtitles. it gets a little exhausting to watch at times^^
    and you probably won't like it if you're easily bored by long dialogues and the total lack of action (so far).
    Oh and finished Toradora!!
    The ending was fantastically cute! And now I think I may have to watch another sort of romance anime : /
    Any good follow-ups?
    i don't really know any other anime that is like Toradora! in terms of humor, story progressing and character design.
    Kanon 2006, Clannad and Shuffle are all great anime with just as much comedy, drama and romance, but all three are less "realistic" and the kind of humor is slightly different. i wouldn't say they are worse though, just not exactly the same

depending on what parts of Toradora! you liked the most, you may also want to try Ef - a Tale of Memories first. much less comedy, but more romance and drama, more realistic characters and an amazingly arty animation style.

(descriptions for all four are in my list)

Quote Originally Posted by OnyxZarin View Post
    Jungle wa itsumo Hale nochi Guu
    may take a look at this one when i need a comedy-only anime again
    Last edited by Sy; 2010-12-04 at 03:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That AMV was bizarre... However, a voice in my head tells me to watch at least the 1st episode. Guess this'll be fun!

10+ Year Old Account
    That AMV was bizarre... However, a voice in my head tells me to watch at least the 1st episode. Guess this'll be fun!

it really is bizarre, but the maker did an amazing job catching the atmosphere and weirdness in 56 seconds and aligning anime scenes and music.

Speaking of AMV's, I'm just gonna leave this here... http://www.myspace.com/video/vid/1906501. Myspace because it's not on youtube anymore. D: I vote this as the best AMV ever. In my opinion. The song isn't the greatest, but it's so perfect.

Jungle wa itsumo Hale nochi Guu AMV.

10+ Year Old Account

it really is bizarre, but the maker did an amazing job catching the atmosphere and weirdness in 56 seconds and aligning anime scenes and music.
    So, I just saw the first episode, and the only things that made sense was:
    SPOILER FOR BAKEMONOGATARI! (Not here, but the text below the "Spoiler" marked text, because it's a spoiler)

Araragi Koyomi was actually a vampire, but was made into a human by a man named Oshino Meme who overall seems like a wierd fellow.
    Senjogahara Hitagi was pinned(?) by a crab, thus making her weight reduce.
    Only those 2 things actually made sense, the rest was (my opinion only) rather bizarre. However, might continue later with the show.
    Last edited by Sesshomaru; 2010-12-04 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Changed a bit of the text.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I just saw the first episode, and the only things that made sense was:
    SPOILER FOR BAKEMONOGATARI!
    that's basically about it, yes^^

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Perfect video!
    I like that song and it's really synced to the anime
    i agree with the sync, but the song... weeell......^^

So many draenei, you gonna confuse me with who is who! O:

10+ Year Old Account
    So many draenei, you gonna confuse me with who is who! O:
    Easy to tell the differ: Dal's Draenei avatar is showing off her cuteness with the red hat, Sy's Darenei avatar is just adoreable-ly cute. My Draenei avatar is the one with the big (but) cute head.

Just found an another difference: My Draenei's horns are standing out (like a "---", or just like a stick.. -.-), Sy's are going backwards and Dal's are going forwards. :P
    Last edited by Sesshomaru; 2010-12-04 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Added a bit more of info about the pics

Easy to tell the differ: Dal's Draenei avatar is showing off her cuteness with the red hat, Sy's Darenei avatar is just adoreable-ly cute. My Draenei avatar is the one with the big (but) cute head.

Just found an another difference: My Draenei's horns are standing out (like a "---", or just like a stick.. -.-), Sy's are going backwards and Dal's are going forwards. :P
    I drew a gnome for mine, I'mma rebel.

Avatar size makes look all low quality. D:
    Last edited by OnyxZarin; 2010-12-04 at 04:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I drew a gnome for mine, I'mma rebel.
    *gasp*
    evil gnomy!

(looks good though!)

10+ Year Old Account
    *gasp*
    evil gnomy!

(looks good though!)
    Let's just hope he doesn't point the ray gun at us Draeneis.
    *OnyxZarin points his ray gun at Sy, Dalliah and Zalënë*
    Oh noes! Sy and Dal, we have to hide, we have a evil, perverted gnome-ish engineer here!