Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    That sucks. I hope you can find one you're able to watch.
    There, finally found a working stream. Yeah, this is getting darker but at the same time I'm really enjoying it. It makes you appreciate what happens when you mess with time. Ends up being some pretty hard trade offs.

Not that anybody would know this, but is Steins;Gate slated for one season or what? I know nothing about the video game it's based on, so I don't know if they're following a plot from elsewhere or writing it as they go. I'm just always paranoid about quality deteriorating, and while I'm enjoying this show I feel like I mentally weigh that against the possibility that it gets dragged out too much. They've kept it good so far, but they're down to nine episodes to resolve all the problems they've created let alone dealing with SERN.

Spoiler: One thing I wasn't clear on precisely was whether Feyris remembered the past or what? I mean she's said semi-delusional things the entire series, so I don't get how she remembered the other line and whether she now remembers all that's happened. I also have to say I didn't buy the "my dad is dead" argument; he looked alive to me, since there's no "real" timeline. Also I agree on fixing whatever Moeka did is going to be a toughie.
    Last edited by Neichus; 2011-07-27 at 02:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post

Spoiler:
    That's what I'm confused on, it kind of sounded like it when she said she and Okabe had faced a lot and were closer, or it could of been her joking and a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Notalent View Post
    Honestly I never can get into Slice of Life Moe shows, they never seem to have any point...that said theres a doujin series based on K-on written by Takotsuboya thats actually quite good and almost makes the series interesting...almost.
    That is the ENTIRE point to the shows. its to pander to those of us who want to do nothing more than oggle these cute girls on our monitors and have to exert no more brain power to think about a plot than could be spent oggling our 2d gf's :P us slice of life moe addicts also tend to be the ones to spend the most ludicrous amount of money. brb taking picture of my Nanoha drawer shrine which is only in a drawer because military dorms wont let me drill holes in walls to install a shelf.

You can only see about 1/3 of whats in that drawer cuz im too lazy to pull it all out...and my 4'5 naked hug pillow of nanoha is excluded for obvious reasons. Namely i dont wanna be Handley'd.

EDIT: This drawer has roughly 2400$ worth of stuff in it.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17...726_202232.jpg
    Last edited by Isilarya; 2011-07-27 at 03:28 AM.

That's what I'm confused on, it kind of sounded like it when she said she and Okabe had faced a lot and were closer, or it could of been her joking and a coincidence.
    Actually thinking it over i think she just said it by coincidence.
    If she remembered i can only think of 3 ways for her to have the memories without it being pounded into her head again
    1. She has the reading steiner like Okabe
    2. She all of a sudden got all of the memories of her current aged self has a little girl, and would not be able to handle it and go insane
    3. Has she aged she would of memories of both world lines while they happened, so each minute she would remember a minute from the other world line. Also would probably make her insane

1 seems the most likely one IF she did remember because she did not seem any crazier then normal
    Last edited by georgevonfranken; 2011-07-27 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Anyone else feel the "just jam it in as long as it fits it's fine" part to sound more than a bit sexual?
    which is why i posted it lol

Full Metal Panic! Spinoff
    http://mecha-guy.blogspot.com/2011/0...-magazine.html

Well last night i finished watching Katanagatari and oh my god that feeling [COLOR=#ffffff]of ambivalence... i guess katanagatari its like the anti-thesis of sword anime starting by the fact that the swordman MC doesnt have a sword and that last episode... thats cruel to kill in a heartbeat such a lovable character...[/COLOR] [COLOR=#ff0000][/COLOR] anyway ill have to make room for it on my Top anime... and if you havent seen it well you should even if you dont like the genre..

now im working my way tru k-on with first 12 episodes seen i gotta say im enjoying it =D

Spoiler for Katanagatari: What I didn't like was how the princess girl starts tagging along. I thought she was obnoxious and now that she takes Togame's place was kind of lame. Deaths are fine, in fact I was downright startled by Togame's passing and watching the 12 swords get utterly destroyed was an awesome series of encounters with some strong emotion behind them, but I'm iffy about how the series concluded.

this made me watch K-On.... damn my weakness to cute girls....

So question here, what Manga/Games/VN's do people want to be made into Anime?

I've got 4 I'm really hoping get picked up

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinland_Saga_(manga)
    H
    istorical Manga set during the Viking invasion of England, very well drawn and has an amazing story and group of characters. Its got a similar feel to it as the Golden Age arc of Berserk. Recently however its settled into whats been dubbed "the best farming manga ever", my only worry is its nowhere near done.

http://www.onemanga.com/Cage_of_Eden/ (No wikipedia page...)
    A lot like a Japanese version of Lost, its about a group of students who on a trip to Okinawa have they're plane crash on an undiscovered Island populated by prehistoric creatures (mammals, not dinosaurs). It walks the line between shounen and seinen very tightly and is in general pretty fun, its also an ecchi in a similar vein to that of Highschool of the Dead.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BlazBlue:_Calamity_Trigger
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BlazBlue:_Continuum_Shift
    Blazblue is a series of two fighting games, a manga, and a few audio dramas. Probably the story heaviest fighting game ever made, its a mix between a VN and a standard fighting game that multiple endings, bad endings, story choices, and a host of eccentric and like able (or hilarious...ly evil) characters. It's story is built around traditional shounen character types either being deconstructed, reconstructed, or in the case of Bang (hes Kamina from Gurren Lagann basically) being proudly shown at they're campiest. Its already a hand drawn sprite based game featuring anime cutscenes so it isn't hard to imagine it getting a full 26 episode treatment by some studio.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G_Senj%C5%8D_no_Ma%C5%8D
    An Eroge Visual Novel that crosses certain aspects of Death Note and Code Geass but without the mystical powers and with the main character being neither the Light Yagami or the Lelouch of the story. Heavy on 4th wall comedy it has both incredibly serious moments and utterly fucking hilarious moments. In my opinion as a person who actually loved Code Geass I'd say this could/would easily destroy it in the mind game/psychological thriller department of anime, its THAT well written. For anyone curious about playing this, it has an English translation available.

Deleted
    Hellsing Ultimate OVA8 just got a 480p raw torrent, patiently waiting for [CtA] subtitles and a 720p release.

Deleted
    Just finished watching Elfen Lied. It was very emotional and the story was alright, I really enjoyed the soundtrack but when I got to the end... awful! It didn't really ruin the whole series but still, I feel a bit disappointed. *

I found out that the manga apparently didn't end there and continued. I'm just so angry because I really liked the soundtrack and prefer anime over manga so I probably won't read it. When something sad happens and they play strong music that really fits, it moves me a lot more than it would have if I read it.

SPOILER
    *especially the part when Kohta remembered that Lucy/Nyuu was the one that had killed his family, he didn't react at all and everything just went on like normal. It didn't feel like an ending, I was looking for the next episode button but couldn't find one. The guy with the horns at the end seemed to have some sort of plan but it just ended, Lucy in the middle of all those soldiers but what happened after that and who was the girl at the house right before it ended?

Quote Originally Posted by Porkitozh View Post
    Just finished watching Elfen Lied. It was very emotional and the story was alright, I really enjoyed the soundtrack but when I got to the end... awful! It didn't really ruin the whole series but still, I feel a bit disappointed. *

I found out that the manga apparently didn't end there and continued. I'm just so angry because I really liked the soundtrack and prefer anime over manga so I probably won't read it. When something sad happens and they play strong music that really fits, it moves me a lot more than it would have if I read it.

SPOILER
    *especially the part when Kohta remembered that Lucy/Nyuu was the one that had killed his family, he didn't react at all and everything just went on like normal. It didn't feel like an ending, I was looking for the next episode button but couldn't find one. The guy with the horns at the end seemed to have some sort of plan but it just ended, Lucy in the middle of all those soldiers but what happened after that and who was the girl at the house right before it ended?
    They forced his memory into the show, in the manga it comes very close to the end and has serious reprecutions.

10+ Year Old Account
    After reading the discussion about Stein's Gate in this thread, I decided to pick it up again (had left off at ep.4), and I want to thank you all. Really, thank you! THis is without a doubt one of the best animes I've ever laid my eyes upon, and I came to that conclusion about one minute ago, when my odyssey arrived at the "Sonuvabitch"-scene. Oh, holy crap, how I laughed^^

So once again: THANK YOU!
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Deleted
    Finished Needless last week, was good fun.

Saw the Ghost in the Shell movie today, was decent but i get the feeling it is quite overhyped as it didn't struck me that much.
    I hope the series is better than it.
    Last edited by mmoc0ad294ce9c; 2011-07-28 at 05:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The series is very good, much better then the movie I think. But dont fall into the hype, it isnt for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    There, finally found a working stream. Yeah, this is getting darker but at the same time I'm really enjoying it. It makes you appreciate what happens when you mess with time. Ends up being some pretty hard trade offs.

Not that anybody would know this, but is Steins;Gate slated for one season or what? I know nothing about the video game it's based on, so I don't know if they're following a plot from elsewhere or writing it as they go. I'm just always paranoid about quality deteriorating, and while I'm enjoying this show I feel like I mentally weigh that against the possibility that it gets dragged out too much. They've kept it good so far, but they're down to nine episodes to resolve all the problems they've created let alone dealing with SERN.
    There is no real way for them to pull a second season since they are going to cover the main plot, maybe an OVA or something but definitly just one season. And as far as quality, I've heard it's pretty close to the game they are just trimming some excess parts that don't impact the main plot Spoiler: Like watching Okabe try to save Mayushi and watch her die even more If anything they are compressing rather than drawing it out.

As for the rest Spoiler: I understood it as Okabe pushed her hard enough to realize how close the two world lines were and she has some kinda power or Okabe helped her somehow. As for her dad, she saved him in one line and now that she undid the change she made he's dead again. And in the current world line Okabe should still have a decent relationship with Moeka so finding her should be too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    After reading the discussion about Stein's Gate in this thread, I decided to pick it up again (had left off at ep.4), and I want to thank you all. Really, thank you! THis is without a doubt one of the best animes I've ever laid my eyes upon, and I came to that conclusion about one minute ago, when my odyssey arrived at the "Sonuvabitch"-scene. Oh, holy crap, how I laughed^^

So once again: THANK YOU!
    You're welcome! Steins;Gate is fantastic, hoping the pace is kept up throughout the whole series.

The top 10 best rated animes on Anime News Network is.. meh.
    1 (The) Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya (movie)
    2 Clannad After Story (TV)
    3 Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (TV)
    4 Samurai X: Trust & Betrayal (OAV)
    5 Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Boku-tachi wa Mada Shiranai. (TV)
    6 Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 (TV)
    7 Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance (movie)
    8 Cowboy Bebop (TV)
    9 Spirited Away (movie)
    10 Princess Mononoke (movie)

Anohana is on the top? How? Don't get me wrong, it was enjoyable, but one of the best? No, not even close. The emotion was forced and some of the characters were down right not like-able.

You're welcome! Steins;Gate is fantastic, hoping the pace is kept up throughout the whole series.

The top 10 best rated animes on Anime News Network is.. meh.
    1 (The) Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya (movie)
    2 Clannad After Story (TV)
    3 Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (TV)
    4 Samurai X: Trust & Betrayal (OAV)
    5 Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Boku-tachi wa Mada Shiranai. (TV)
    6 Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 (TV)
    7 Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance (movie)
    8 Cowboy Bebop (TV)
    9 Spirited Away (movie)
    10 Princess Mononoke (movie)

Anohana is on the top? How? Don't get me wrong, it was enjoyable, but one of the best? No, not even close. The emotion was forced and some of the characters were down right not like-able.
    Im ok with where Clannad is though, quite possibly one of the most ... best way to word this... "broke my man hood" series ever as i bawled hysterically several times a few from happiness mostly from overwhelming depressiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makina View Post
    Im ok with where Clannad is though, quite possibly one of the most ... best way to word this... "broke my man hood" series ever as i bawled hysterically several times a few from happiness mostly from overwhelming depressiveness.
    I agree with Clannad, it's my personal second favorite of all time.

The haruhi movie was also meh by compare of the series, I feel like that list is not comprehensive in the way they probably didnt allow users to submit the anime the wanted to vote for but were rather given a list to choose from.

Bakemonogatari completely raped every series on that list in ratings and sales and broke several records which you can find the reports of on ANN aswell. How its not there I think is a crock of shit.