10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deamoneyes View Post
    Dont make me imagine it drunk as im now x) if i was japanese id have a nosebleed considering what a bomb Masane is. (first and second pic)
    Masamune-chan! Ah well, that happens when someone is using their Witchblade in a drunken state. :P

---------- Post added 2010-12-24 at 11:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    xD
    anime rules are a pain, huh?
    Indeed...
    Last edited by Sesshomaru; 2010-12-24 at 10:12 PM.

It always disappoints me a little to see the typical shounen big three mentioned and never see one of my relatively newer favorites mentioned... Fairy Tail. I remember first seeing the manga when I was looking around Barnes and Noble (American bookstore), although I'm not sure why I was there in the first place . But anyway, the manga looked interesting enough to give it a look, and while it seemed like One Piece with magic, the series was certainly good enough to follow.

But this is about anime... and Fairy Tail does have one. The one thing I've noticed the most about the anime is that it doesn't fall prey to the one thing I absolutely hate about shounen anime... filler. I'm pretty sure we all know that it's the necessary evil or we'll start getting more crap like Full Metal Alchemist or Hellsing put out. To avoid the frothing fanboy rage, those references are to the original series that don't follow the manga because the manga wasn't even close to completion. One Piece is one of my favorite mangas, but it honestly pains me to watch the anime. In one of the recent episodes, I literally had to skip 7 minutes in just to actually see new content. Of course, the "new content" was full of Dragonball Z style grunting and repetition that literally made the episode cover maybe 3-5 pages of the manga.

But that's the one thing I like about Fairy Tail... it has absolutely no filler. You don't watch an episode and feel like absolutely nothing happened!

/rant

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    I dont think its a sequel your getting more a redo of the origonal tv series but keeping it closer to the manga, it is only a 6 episode OVA and quite cgi heavy from what i have seen so far but i am looking forward to it.
    Some very small clips on what they have advertised for it so far http://www.younganimal.com/berserk/
    (I don't want to start my own little conversation in this thread, and hopefully it'll end with the next post, but Lagwin appears to have PMs blocked so I can't take it there.)

Curious....I have not been able to find any information regarding the length or content of the series, everything I see about it simply says "new anime project". Do you have a source for this information? As I see no purpose in a re-do of the original tv series and it makes more sense to continue the series now that it has SOO much content to work with (whereas the first series would've had to have a filler ending if they tried to continue past that point).

It's also stated that they're making an in-house motion capture studio or some such, so that implies it's going to be a lengthy project. 6 episodes doesn't quite sound right.

I guess since there were no comments on my 2 suggestions, that either nobody found them worthwhile to look into or (leaning towards) they were missed....so for the sake of keeping on topic, I'll re-post them.

Final Approach: http://myanimelist.net/anime/119/Final_Approach

Very comical series that ends on a positive note. 13 episodes at 12 minutes per episode minus about a combined 2min 45sec for the OP & ED resulting in ~9 minute episodes so it wouldn't take up too much time if you find you don't enjoy it.

Ga-Rei Zero: http://myanimelist.net/anime/4725/Ga-Rei:_Zero

This is an (I know you said you aren't big on action, but neither is the anime, not like Naruto or Bleach at least) action/supernatural/drama with maybe a few hints of romance. This is a prequel to the manga (manga starts right where the anime ends) and in my opinion is a perfect anime. While it's mostly original material, it's of very high quality and leads up to the manga perfectly. You don't have to go on to read the manga to enjoy the anime, it stands on it's own very well. The art & animation is very good, the OP theme is pretty enjoyable (I listened to it for like 7 of the 9 or 10 episodes that had the OP theme even play, the first 2 or 3 episodes don't have OP or ED).

Quote Originally Posted by aikouka View Post
    *clip* Fairy Tail, not mentioned enough, good cause it has no fillers, etc. *clip*
    (clipped and compacted quote to shorten my post)

I agree, Fairy Tail seems to be getting too little attention and it is a very good anime.

The primary thing i wanted to comment on is the filler comment. They'll either end the series with an original ending when they run out of material, or they'll stop the anime there and continue down the road when more material is available, or it'll get plagued with filler and continue airing. It's unfortunate with Naruto/Bleach/One Piece (everyone seemed to love FMA filler, I didn't particularly love it or hate it) but it's gotta happen and it's likely to happen with Fairy Tail too.
    Last edited by Zhabin; 2010-12-24 at 10:57 PM.

The saddest thing in the manga/anime world is that Kaze no Stigma will go unfinished.

Forever.

I would also love another season of Shakugan no Shana and some closure on Ghost Hunt.

Also, I'm watching through One Piece for the first time and I feel ashamed for writing it off as crap so easily a few years ago, I did the same with Naruto and was wrong about both. One Piece is truly one of the greatest anime I have seen.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    But that's the one thing I like about Fairy Tail... it has absolutely no filler. You don't watch an episode and feel like absolutely nothing happened!

/rant
    Uhm I don't read the manga so I could be wrong here but afaik episodes 49 & 50 were (partial) fillers.
    Also, FT is (for a shounen anime) quite new.

If you watch the original anime of Naruto you'll hardly find any filler until episode 100 (only episode 26 and 97 were fillers). Hower Naruto then had A LOT of fillers (episode 101 til 219 contained 34 NON-FILLER episodes). source
    Beside an overflow of fillers, the fillers were really really really bad as well which gave the serie a bad name (and probably lost them a lot of viewers).
    It's the same with Naruto Shippuden, the first 56 episodes were non-filler but after that more and more episodes became filler (057-070, 091-112, 144-151, 170-171 and 176-193) source

Altough I hope you're right and FT won't contain (many) fillers but it's too soon to say wether or not FT is filler free (I didn't mind episode 49&50).

That beeing said, I hate filler as much as the next guy (even though a few fillers (in Bleach) were interesting) but I use them to focus on another series or watch One Piece after a hiatus of 2 years

PS:
    I haven't watched Full Metal Alchemist or Hellsing so besides googling for it, I can't say how bad those fillers were but I understand your pain
    Last edited by Twinkeltoe; 2010-12-24 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloves View Post
    I would also love another season of Shakugan no Shana.
    SnS is getting a 3rd season. I haven't seen any details such as a date, but I'd assume Q2-4 of 2011.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've almost ran out of Star Trek, and House/Supernatural/The Walking Dead/Misfits are all on cooldown for the holidays.

I've only ever watched a couple of animes before, but enjoyed the ones I did watch. I have no hatred of anime, I have simply never bothered to get into it, and for the moment I don't intend on becoming a massive anime addict, but I am intrigued about the potential for entertainment here, it could be an untapped resource of entertainment. As such I am requesting the consultation of any willing anime patron here.
    I desire the name (if there's a couple you can't choose from or whatever, that's fine, just list, but I am a very indecisive person and struggle to make a choice between more than three things ) of a series you think might entail the following features:

1. An intelligent plot, one that is not pathetically easy to figure out and predict. This doesn't mean I want a load of wankery either, just a decent, non-clichéd plot.
    2. Genre: Sci-fi/Drama (with elements of comedy)/Obscure or tough to define
    3. Must not contain excessive cheesiness and sickly sweet romance, I'm cool with emotional stuff and actually cry pretty easily (not my fault, simply can't stop it) as long as the scene is powerful enough - clichéd cheesiness however I just find annoying.
    4. No preference on language, Dub/Subs/whatever is fine, but I can't read/speak Japanese.
    5. Not essential, but I love extensive character development. I like to become attached to characters, and I also like the characters to be as impotrant as the plot. I like to see gradual changes, with valid reasons for those changes. I like a varied set of characters posessing different traits, and seeing how they interact, and all the funny shit that happens when the jovial guy pisses off the serious guy. Even if there isn't much development, there has to be some depth to the characters.
    6. Comedic one-liners and shit I enjoy, even in the most serious of shows and situations, a little something to lighten a heavy mood is sometimes nice.
    7. Must not have anything to do with schoolgirls/boys.
    8. Main character is preferably over 17 years old.
    9. It either stirs the soul or inspires thought, something special about the show that makes it stand out for you in some way or has an effect on you.
    10. Violence I don't mind, but I'd prefer the show doesn't centre around the excessive use of gore as its main attraction. I'm totally cool with swearing, in fact I like it, so that's a plus, but a very small one :P

Being as detailed as possible, as I know there's no shortage of passion amongst anime fans, and those of you who could easily identify a show that conforms to the parameters above. I realise the thread's purpose was suggesting animes, but the purpose of this post is to draw such suggestions from you to me. I hope the challenge involved in finding the perfect anime that fits those conditions provides enough fun to justify this post's existence.

Any help is much appreciated.
    "The truth, my goal."

Quote Originally Posted by Tuvok View Post
    I've almost ran out of Star Trek, and House/Supernatural/The Walking Dead/Misfits are all on cooldown for the holidays.

I've only ever watched a couple of animes before, but enjoyed the ones I did watch. I have no hatred of anime, I have simply never bothered to get into it, and for the moment I don't intend on becoming a massive anime addict, but I am intrigued about the potential for entertainment here, it could be an untapped resource of entertainment. As such I am requesting the consultation of any willing anime patron here.
    I desire the name (if there's a couple you can't choose from or whatever, that's fine, just list, but I am a very indecisive person and struggle to make a choice between more than three things ) of a series you think might entail the following features:

1. An intelligent plot, one that is not pathetically easy to figure out and predict. This doesn't mean I want a load of wankery either, just a decent, non-clichéd plot.
    2. Genre: Sci-fi/Drama (with elements of comedy)/Obscure or tough to define
    3. Must not contain excessive cheesiness and sickly sweet romance, I'm cool with emotional stuff and actually cry pretty easily (not my fault, simply can't stop it) as long as the scene is powerful enough - clichéd cheesiness however I just find annoying.
    4. No preference on language, Dub/Subs/whatever is fine, but I can't read/speak Japanese.
    5. Not essential, but I love extensive character development. I like to become attached to characters, and I also like the characters to be as impotrant as the plot. I like to see gradual changes, with valid reasons for those changes. I like a varied set of characters posessing different traits, and seeing how they interact, and all the funny shit that happens when the jovial guy pisses off the serious guy. Even if there isn't much development, there has to be some depth to the characters.
    6. Comedic one-liners and shit I enjoy, even in the most serious of shows and situations, a little something to lighten a heavy mood is sometimes nice.
    7. Must not have anything to do with schoolgirls/boys.
    8. Main character is preferably over 17 years old.
    9. It either stirs the soul or inspires thought, something special about the show that makes it stand out for you in some way or has an effect on you.
    10. Violence I don't mind, but I'd prefer the show doesn't centre around the excessive use of gore as its main attraction. I'm totally cool with swearing, in fact I like it, so that's a plus, but a very small one :P

Being as detailed as possible, as I know there's no shortage of passion amongst anime fans, and those of you who could easily identify a show that conforms to the parameters above. I realise the thread's purpose was suggesting animes, but the purpose of this post is to draw such suggestions from you to me. I hope the challenge involved in finding the perfect anime that fits those conditions provides enough fun to justify this post's existence.

Code Geass sounds like it would be perfect for you. There's romance but it isn't too cheesy.

Scratch that, just noticed you said can't be anything to do with school. Though the school is only used as a home and comic relief for the main character, it's still worth checking out.

Persona is out the window, too.

edit: You can try Gurren Lagann if you don't mind the series being very mech-oriented.

Trinity Blood is sci-fi/drama but involves 'vampires'. (not really vampires, but you find that out throughout the story). Follows a Crusnik priest of the Vatican around on his various exploits.
    Last edited by Gloves; 2010-12-25 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhabin View Post
    The primary thing i wanted to comment on is the filler comment. They'll either end the series with an original ending when they run out of material, or they'll stop the anime there and continue down the road when more material is available, or it'll get plagued with filler and continue airing. It's unfortunate with Naruto/Bleach/One Piece (everyone seemed to love FMA filler, I didn't particularly love it or hate it) but it's gotta happen and it's likely to happen with Fairy Tail too.
    I'm actually curious what will happen to it as well. The anime is probably around 40% of the way through the Nirvana arc and then there's just the Eidolas arc and the current Fairy Island arc.

I think people didn't mind the FMA filler because I don't think most people read the manga... and certainly didn't know the ending because it didn't exist yet .

Quote Originally Posted by Twinkeltoe View Post
    Uhm I don't read the manga so I could be wrong here but afaik episodes 49 & 50 were (partial) fillers.
    Also, FT is (for a shounen anime) quite new.

I haven't watched Full Metal Alchemist or Hellsing so besides googling for it, I can't say how bad those fillers were but I understand your pain
    I haven't watched episode 50 yet, but I don't recall anything in episode 49 really being filler.

I noticed when watching originally watching Naruto that the anime did start to suffer from the second aspect of filler in the first 100 episodes... that'd be what I call "fluff." It's the same concept as adding worthless junk to a paper that you write to simply make it longer without adding any actual value... you add extra scenes of the "stereotypical grunting" or unnecessary flashbacks. When I finish an episode, I can usually tell if the episode didn't cover much of the manga in comparison. It's been awhile, but if I recall... the earlier Naruto episodes would cover far more content in a single episode than the latter episodes did.

But like I mentioned, One Piece is probably the worst anime when it comes to this right now. You'd think that plaza was a mile wide with how long it takes him to run across it .

The thing about Full Metal Alchemist and Hellsing are that the story beyond the first... maybe quarter episodes is purely made up. The good thing is that both of these animes have been "done right" and are having their actual stories made into anime (Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood and Hellsing Ultimate).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloves View Post
    Code Geass sounds like it would be perfect for you. There's romance but it isn't too cheesy.

Scratch that, just noticed you said can't be anything to do with school. Though the school is only used as a home and comic relief for the main character, it's still worth checking out.

Persona is out the window, too.

edit: You can try Gurren Lagann if you don't mind the series being very mech-oriented.

Trinity Blood is sci-fi/drama but involves 'vampires'. (not really vampires, but you find that out throughout the story). Follows a Crusnik priest of the Vatican around on his various exploits.
    Thanks for the feedback. I am not an unreasonable man, I am willing to let certain things go when something fits the bill almost perfectly otherwise. Of course, when I mention my dislike of school themes, I basically want to stay away from the excessive sexualisation of schoolgirls, and the petty romances and escapades of young school students. I have been monitoring posts here and there in this thread, and Code Geass did indeed pique my interests. Your understanding of my desires is evident, I am pleased

Full metal alchemist is one that intrigued me also, I have trouble defining its genre though (Animes similar to FMA in some ways may be viable). I have even watched a little bit of an episode once, though my memories of it are vague at best, I remember thinking it was impressive, and the moment I began to question my negative preconceptions about anime a few years ago, that ultimately led to the complete rejection of such prejudice.

Mechs I am cool with, but I am a spacey kind of guy when it comes to sci-fi

As for vampires, while I am put off by how popular the vampiric theme has become (I know I know, it's hard to remain objective in the face of the "Twilight" onslaught). Again though, exceptions are made.

Actually, the last naime I ever watched was one called Cyber city Oedo or something. It was fucking hilarious. It's not that it was so bad it was good, there was just something about it. I had to check it out after seeing this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2Q6AwrGUkQ. That line is one of the most fantastic pieces of voice acting I have ever heard, it still makes me laugh to this day.

Just like how I've never got into reading, I know it's a vastly untapped resource for me, waiting to be bled dry like a dehydrated castaway chancing upon the world's juciest, freshest coconuts from the island's best and biggest palm tree.
    "The truth, my goal."

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    I've only ever watched a couple of animes before, but enjoyed the ones I did watch.
    Which ones did you watch and what did you think of them?
    Drawing styles can be a deal breaker for me when I watch new series (sometimes I don't give a show the chance they deserve) so it can help us make a decision.

From the top of my head I'm thinking about:
    Death Note: (37 episodes)
    During just another normal day, Light Yagami stumbles upon a black notebook known as the Death Note. This notebook belongs to a shinigami, Ryuk, having the ability to kill anyone who has their name written in it. As the new owner of the Death Note, Light's true desires surface, yearning to cleanse the world of evil by murdering a large number of criminals. When the world begins to notice the existence of this unknown killer, legendary detective L is brought onto the case; starting a war between "Kira" and L. Whoever is able to find out the other's identity first will be the one to survive.
    It's a very popular anime with a lot of fans. However, personally I left the series after 8-9 episodes. I loved the beginning and the cat & mouse game between the main characters but I lost interest after that. (had the same with the real life serie Dexter as reference). Dispite me quitting the serie I can still recommend it

Serial Experiments Lain
    (13 episodes)
    Lain Iwakura appears to be an ordinary girl, with almost no experience with computers. Yet the sudden suicide of a schoolmate, and a number of strange occurrences, conspire to pull Lain into the world of the Wired, where she gradually learns that nothing is what it seems to be... not even Lain herself.
    Great story/serie. However the main character is 14 years old and a schoolgirl so it doesn't fit all your criteria but as a fellow Supernatural fan, I think you're gonna like this serie.

Elfen Lied (Lied in this title is German/Dutch for song got noting to do with lying) (13 episodes)
    The Diclonius, a mutated homosapien that is said to be selected by God and will eventually become the destruction of mankind, possess two horns on their heads and have a "sixth sense" which gives them telekinetic abilities. Due to this dangerous power, they have been captured and isolated in laboratories by the government. Lucy, a young and psychotic Diclonius, manages to break free of her confines and brutally murders most of the guards in the laboratory where she is being held, only to be shot in the head as she makes her escape. She survives, falling off a cliff into the ocean and manages to drift along to a beach where two teenagers, Kouta and Yuka, discover her. Having lost her memories, she was named after the only thing that she can now say, "Nyuu," and the two allow her to stay at Kouta's home. However, it appears that the psychotic side of Lucy is not dead just yet...
    As the main character lost her memory there's a lot of character development. I got to warn you, there's a lot of blood and a few nipples (if I remember correctly) in the serie. However, the gore isn't the driving force about the serie, the story is more important. Also, the first episode has the most blood and after that it gets less.

AFAIK all 3 series I named are in Japanse and there isn't a dubbed version of but I could be wrong.
    Personally, I prefer subs over dubs every day of the week (I prefer reading books in their native language over Dutch as well) but that's personal.

10+ Year Old Account
    (To Twinkel) The animes I have watched:

Whole thing: Violence Jack, was win.
    Most: DBZ/Early days Pokemon (11 years ago or so I stopped watching it >.<)
    Some: Cyber city Oedo
    Very few: Full metal alchemist, some weird show with these pretty frightening monster things. I think there was this one guy who could kill them, and they stole souls or something, they were big and I think their/his face (the monster's) was like black and white stripes maybe? Not so sure. The guy that fought him used a sword I believe, and he was either protecting his girlfriend or she had already been killed in the house. Shadows may be involved, I'm not sure. That was fun when I watched it. I haven't got a clue what it was called though. if it rings any bells let me know and I may be able to confirm, it's annoying me not knowing what it was >.<
    I've seen an episode of elfen lied too, I enjoyed that quite a bit too.
    "The truth, my goal."

10+ Year Old Account
    Death Note
    Serial Experiments Lain
    i would have recommended those two too
    and yes, Lain is a schoolgirl, but the anime is not in any way a typical (high) school anime and is certainly catered to a more mature audience.

i wouldn't recommend Elfenlied though, too much drama/romance and tearjerking scenes imo. for you, Tuvok, at least. i loved it obviously.

the third one i would recommend would be Cowboy Bebop.
    it's sci-fi, mostly comedy and some action but has a nice story too (although not a really complex and deep one).
    it's not one of my personal favorites because the style and music didn't suit my taste, but it's still a good anime.

aaand (yeah i know you didn't want more than three, but..) Ergo Proxy!
    i haven't finished it myself (yet) but it's great, no doubt.
    actually i think this one may suit your preferences the best!

Cowboy Bebop in english, the others in japanese with subtitles.
    my own short descriptions for them (except for CB) are in my list.

edit:
    I realise the thread's purpose was suggesting animes, but the purpose of this post is to draw such suggestions from you to me. I hope the challenge involved in finding the perfect anime that fits those conditions provides enough fun to justify this post's existence.
    asking for specific suggestions is perfectly okay in this thread ;]
    at least as long as it doesn't become the only reason why people post here obviously, but i doubt that will be the case^^

edit2:
    (Lied in this title is German/Dutch for song got noting to do with lying)
    it's german in this example and was named like that in thought of Gustav Klimt, an austrian painter. the paintings in the opening are based on his works.
    "the kiss" by Gustav Klimt --> Elfenlied's version
    AFAIK all 3 series I named are in Japanse and there isn't a dubbed version of but I could be wrong.
    i watched Elfenlied in german dub at least (was one of my first anime)^^
    Last edited by Sy; 2010-12-25 at 02:31 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    (To Twinkel) The animes I have watched:
    LOL I don't know any of them (except DBZ/Pokemon )
    The styles did remind me of the first anime I've ever bought (after I bought Akira :P) Angel Cop.
    After looking on youtube I remembered that Angel Cop wasn't that good so I won't recommend it (altough I liked it 15+ years ago)
    i would have recommended those two too

the third one i would recommend would be Cowboy Bebop.
    Well Cowboy Bebop was on my short list
    I didn't want to go over 3 so that's why I didn't write it down.
    The last time I watched Cowboy Bebop was a lot of years ago and I can't remember the story that well anymore so that's why Elfen Lied won for me.
    asking for specific suggestions is perfectly okay in this thread ;]
    at least as long as it doesn't become the only reason why people post here obviously, but i doubt that will be the case^^
    Gief suggestions !!! :P *stops writing till answer*

it's german in this example and was named like that in thought of Gustav Klimt, an austrian painter. the paintings in the opening are based on his works.
    "the kiss" by Gustav Klimt --> Elfenlied's version
    Meh... Gimme my Dutch pride *shakes fist in anger*
    i watched Elfenlied in german dub at least (was one of my first anime)^^
    Nice start in anime
    Akira popped my anime cherry followed by Ninja Scroll (the first movie)

(in Holland we don't dub anything *cheer* except children cartoons and that's only since a few years)
    I noticed when watching originally watching Naruto that the anime did start to suffer from the second aspect of filler in the first 100 episodes... that'd be what I call "fluff." It's the same concept as adding worthless junk to a paper that you write to simply make it longer without adding any actual value... you add extra scenes of the "stereotypical grunting" or unnecessary flashbacks. When I finish an episode, I can usually tell if the episode didn't cover much of the manga in comparison. It's been awhile, but if I recall... the earlier Naruto episodes would cover far more content in a single episode than the latter episodes did.
    I've never read the manga so I can't compare the anime to the manga but when I recently re-watched the original serie (only episode 1 till 100) I noticed that the serie was a lot better then I remembered it.
    My recollection of the serie was taunted by the fillers and it could have tainted your recollection as well (altough your recollection was a lot more positive then mine before I rewatched it).
    Last edited by Twinkeltoe; 2010-12-25 at 03:36 AM.

Well I can't really list all of the anime that I like personally. That list would literally be pages long. This year alone I watched close to 50 different series. What I can do is list the ones that I'm going to watch for this upcoming season.

Click on Image for larger display

Haiyoru! Nyaru-ani: Remember My Mr. Lovecraft - Lets see, a deity in the form of a lolicon saves a boy from aliens? This is why I <3 anime.

Wolverine - Yeah Ironman wasn't all that great but it won't stop me from seeing this. Maybe the darker backstory of Wolverine can make for a better anime than Ironman could.

Fractale - It just sounds interesting with the whole disappearing girl's avatar.

IS: Infinite Stratos - The only guy in a school full of girls.....How could I NOT see this?

Yumekui Merry - A war with cats! I knew they were evil!

Dragon Crisis! - Red Dragon Girl. That's all I need to say.

Freezing - Female warriors fighting extra-dimensional beings bent on destroying the world. Familiar plot is still entertaining.

Onii-chan no Koto naka Zenzen Suki Janain Dakara ne!! - There's been a flood of these brother complex anime's recently (Yosuga no Sora and Oreimo) and this one continues the trend. This seems to be a comedy which is bound to be very amusing.

Kore wa Zombie desu ko? - Ever wonder what it would be like to be a zombie? Check. Ever wonder what it would be like to be a zombie raised by a little girl? Double Check.

Bleach: Jigoku-hen - Yes I know it's Bleach. But really I see Bleach as one of those good fallback series. You know like when your watching cable TV and there's nothing to watch so you flip to the Food Network or HGTV and watch another episode of Food Network Challenge or Designed to Sell simply because it's cheap entertainment. That's how I see Bleach.

It's cheap and easy.....yes I know that can go many different ways but I still said it.

With all of that said I'm looking forward to 2011. There's a lot of new series coming out as well as second seasons coming out that I can't wait for (Angel Beats: Second Term, Kampfer, and Chinka are on my list). With that I end with one of the most epic battles shown this year.

The Hella Masochist vs Lolicon battle from MM!

Last edited by lizon; 2010-12-25 at 03:59 AM.

meh. i'm afraid to start or i'll end up not stoping. suffice to say i've seen too many anime for my own good.

This is my anime-planet page if you're interested.
    http://www.anime-planet.com/users/Bakataichou

Haven't updated it in quite a few months tho. And the manga page is incomplete since it was still a WIP when i made my profile and there weren't many manga up.

Also just a minor P.S. Manga, Anime and Otaku to name a few don't have a plural :P
    Perspective is like a coin. It has two faces, but most people fail to see both.

I am sure it has been said already but I don't feel like reading 37 pages because I am going to sleep after I post this.

Code Geass is by far one of my favorite anime, it has a highly intelligent main character (I like anime like that, such as death note), since I am not good at giving descriptions for things I'll just say that it is "As if Gundam and Death Note had a baby" it really is good though... =X.

Quote Originally Posted by Slavemaker View Post
    I am sure it has been said already but I don't feel like reading 37 pages because I am going to sleep after I post this.

Code Geass is by far one of my favorite anime, it has a highly intelligent main character (I like anime like that, such as death note), since I am not good at giving descriptions for things I'll just say that it is "As if Gundam and Death Note had a baby" it really is good though... =X.
    my description of code geass would be. " twice as much death note with twice the L" (hope the pun isn't THAT bad)

Quote Originally Posted by Zalënë View Post
    Masamune-chan! Ah well, that happens when someone is using their Witchblade in a drunken state. :P
    Can see someone did watch Witchblade and i wouldnt dare think of the results of a drunk user :P

xD
    anime rules are a pain, huh?
    Quite so

some weird show with these pretty frightening monster things. I think there was this one guy who could kill them, and they stole souls or something, they were big and I think their/his face (the monster's) was like black and white stripes maybe? Not so sure. The guy that fought him used a sword I believe, and he was either protecting his girlfriend or she had already been killed in the house. Shadows may be involved, I'm not sure. That was fun when I watched it. I haven't got a clue what it was called though. if it rings any bells let me know and I may be able to confirm, it's annoying me not knowing what it was >.<
    Part of it sounds like Berserk... but ive some recognition of another title aswell...cant find the name of it atm thou.

As for recommendations id say Ergo proxy. If you want to watch a mech id recommend Break Blade its new, but follows the manga with lots of potentional.

Quote Originally Posted by lizon View Post
    Wolverine - Yeah Ironman wasn't all that great but it won't stop me from seeing this. Maybe the darker backstory of Wolverine can make for a better anime than Ironman could.
    Wouldnt get my hopes up for Wolverine considering its trailer. Its looking more messed up that Ironman, which wasnt any good either

Theres some promising titles for ´11 agreed, m a tad suprised Freezing is coming as a anime thou.

And what to say about the clip, im basicly crying from laughter over here at the DBZ vs JoJo's Bizarre Adventure reference in it xD

---------- Post added 2010-12-25 at 08:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenshiva View Post
    This is my anime-planet page if you're interested.
    http://www.anime-planet.com/users/Bakataichou
    And here i was, thinking id watched alot with 275 completed, i feel annihlated...but youvent rated anything
    Last edited by Deamoneyes; 2010-12-25 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deamoneyes View Post
    Can see someone did watch Witchblade and i wouldnt dare think of the results of a drunk user :P

Quite so

Part of it sounds like Berserk... but ive some recognition of another title aswell...cant find the name of it atm thou.

As for recommendations id say Ergo proxy. If you want to watch a mech id recommend Break Blade its new, but follows the manga with lots of potentional.

Wouldnt get my hopes up for Wolverine considering its trailer. Its looking more messed up that Ironman, which wasnt any good either

Theres some promising titles for ´11 agreed, m a tad suprised Freezing is coming as a anime thou.

And what to say about the clip, im basicly crying from laughter over here at the DBZ vs JoJo's Bizarre Adventure reference in it xD

---------- Post added 2010-12-25 at 08:33 AM ----------

And here i was, thinking id watched alot with 275 completed, i feel annihlated...but youvent rated anything
    i find rating to be very subjective. and dependent on perspective and likes and dislikes of a person. I prefer not rating a certain anime since i might be giving it a higher/lower grade than it might actually deserve.

P.S. the list hasn't been updated almost since the creation of the account back in dec 2008. Have watched more or less about 50 anime since then including many episodes of ongoing series.
    P.S. 2: YAy \o/ 300 posts
    Last edited by Frozenshiva; 2010-12-25 at 07:39 AM.