Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    Ill likely enjoy for sure, just behind on anime so been putting off starting another show from the season for after I catch up on shows I am watching.
    Im watching one show this series and waiting for dog days to finish so i can watch it all in one go. Cant wait for more Fate/sn ubw and not anime show GoT

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

I`m enjoying Kancolle alot, not only are the action scenes pretty fun, but you get cute girls doing cute things, ship girls.

Kongou a best
    Last edited by Strangebrew; 2015-03-06 at 04:14 PM.

Chelly
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    I`m enjoy Kancolle alot, not only are the action scenes pretty fun, but you get cute girls doing cute things, ship girls.

[IMG]https://41.media.tumblr.com/49ea7ddb129534a434f7938fe9c73cce/tumblr_nkpy4kUuBG1t94594o1_540.jpg[IMG]
    Kongou a best
    Kongou and the other adult boats, especially the German boats, need a show of their own free from moelolishit.

Also some guy screencapped all Kongou scenes so far https://imgur.com/a/wXgkj

Hoppou is best

10+ Year Old Account
    I just can't stand kongou's way of talking >_>
    [CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Mapathy View Post
    Hoppou is best
    [IMG]http://cdn.i.ntere.st/p/12802130/image[IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Kongou and the other adult boats, especially the German boats, need a show of their own free from moelolishit.

Also some guy screencapped all Kongou scenes so far https://imgur.com/a/wXgkj
    pls the 6dd episode was best episode.
    boat karen is pretty amazon though

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    Hoppou comic https://41.media.tumblr.com/fdb9f926...53a8o1_500.jpg

Damm thats cute, when will Hoppou be in anime

15+ Year Old Account
    Just got accepted for my college's cultural exchange trip to Japan. So I'll most likely be spending a month in Japan from May to June.

Never been abroad before (beyond a day shopping trip to Michigan) so it's a bit nerve-wracking. Though I'm sure it'll be an interesting experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Just got accepted for my college's cultural exchange trip to Japan. So I'll most likely be spending a month in Japan from May to June.

Never been abroad before (beyond a day shopping trip to Michigan) so it's a bit nerve-wracking. Though I'm sure it'll be an interesting experience.
    Congrats, i hope you have an amazing time and take lots of pictures.

10+ Year Old Account

Oh, that's the same time I'll be spending in China, leaving for Hong Kong on the 19th of May, I'll wave from the plane if you're already there.

I've traveled all of my life (about 23 countries, and lived in 3 of them, Moldova, England, and France), so I'm really used to it. It's probably my favorite thing to do on Earth, experiencing and living in other cultures.

what a weeb

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mapathy View Post
    Congrats, i hope you have an amazing time and take lots of pictures.
    Thanks. Will probably be borrowing a camera for the trip, though I'm not big on picture taking so I'm not sure how many I'll take.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Oh, that's the same time I'll be spending in China, leaving for Hong Kong on the 19th of May, I'll wave from the plane if you're already there.

I've traveled all of my life (about 23 countries, and lived in 3 of them, Moldova, England, and France), so I'm really used to it. It's probably my favorite thing to do on Earth, experiencing and living in other cultures.
    The flight is supposed to be May 6th, so yeah I'll be there at that point.

To be honest I'm actually surprised you've been to so many countries (and lived in that many too), lol. I've always wanted to go abroad (particularly to somewhere like Germany or Italy), but like I said the most I've been is a couple hours outside my province.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    what a weeb
    Actually I went to a group interview today, and as we were leaving one of the people asked if anyone watched anime. Everyone said they did.

Thankfully none of them seemed like those self-identifying "i wish i was born japanese <3 uguu!" otaku. Though one of the guys seemed excited to tell us how he "translated" his name into Japanese "kanji characters" so I dunno.

10+ Year Old Account
    The flight is supposed to be May 6th, so yeah I'll be there at that point.

To be honest I'm actually surprised you've been to so many countries (and lived in that many too), lol. I've always wanted to go abroad (particularly to somewhere like Germany or Italy), but like I said the most I've been is a couple hours outside my province.\
    My father's a professor, so most of the trips were to other countries for him to debate, research, or teach at other colleges. I ended up living in Moldova for half a year because he was teaching in a college over there.

The closest I've been to Asia is staying in Turkey (or I guess going to New Zealand for family, but that doesn't really count), so I'm really excited to finally be able to experience Far East Culture, and China's at that. Even though I love Japan so much, experiencing China's culture is something I'd take over visiting Japan personally.

- - - Updated - - -

Thankfully none of them seemed like those self-identifying "i wish i was born japanese <3 uguu!" otaku. Though one of the guys seemed excited to tell us how he "translated" his name into Japanese "kanji characters" so I dunno.
    Translating his name into Kanji is impossible unless he has Asian decent (Or he went the cheesy route and found the meaning of his first and last names), hopefully he meant Katakana, since you're not supposed to translate foreign names into Hiragana.

- - - Updated - - -

Watched the Non Non Biyori OVA. It would have worked 10x better as a movie, even if it was just an hour long, but it was still really good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Translating his name into Kanji is impossible unless he has Asian decent (Or he went the cheesy route and found the meaning of his first and last names), hopefully he meant Katakana, since you're not supposed to translate foreign names into Hiragana.
    It was katakana, which is why I thought it was pretty embarrassing.

Chelly

Do you know what city you're going to? And have fun getting stared at by all the jap chicks

10+ Year Old Account
    It was katakana, which is why I thought it was pretty embarrassing.
    Eh, it depends on how annoying he is about it. When I was in Japanese 101 everyone had to do that, but it's pretty normal to translate your name into a different alphabet when learning a language.

Quote Originally Posted by Goriq View Post
    Shut up, Zath. Sesto is going to witness the real deal.
    Pls, if anything is the real deal it's China.

Also, I learned recently that Japanese are actually descended from ancient Koreans. Try telling them that though and they'll really hate you.

@Zath

I dare you to eat Balut or a century egg.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goriq View Post
    Are you going to learn some japanese?
    I've already taken a first year Japanese course, which probably helped in me getting accepted. But there's also supposed to be some basic language classes offered while we're there.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Do you know what city you're going to? And have fun getting stared at by all the jap chicks
    The school the exchange is with is Ibaraki Christian University, which is in Hitachi. But beyond the seminars and shit it's not like we'll be there the entire time, we're supposed to buy a train pass. One of the guys talked about heading to Tokyo to go to Akihabara lol.

Eh, it depends on how annoying he is about it. When I was in Japanese 101 everyone had to do that, but it's pretty normal to translate your name into a different alphabet when learning a language.
    Nah, I did it too when I took a course. The embarrassment was just how he called them "kanji characters" and when he started explaining the sounds of each katakana.

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet but they've shown the coloured character designs for the Nagato-chan anime. A bit iffy on them, especially Kyon's.